ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 99
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 07:45 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I purposely dislocated my kneecap on a hitch this morning because I’m not going to let our QB go through this alone.
Fucking ouch
[Reply]
TEX 07:46 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I purposely dislocated my kneecap on a hitch this morning because I’m not going to let our QB go through this alone.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:51 AM 10-18-2019
If it's 3 games minimum, the Chiefs need to fight like hell to win 1...hopefulky 2 if the next 3 games. The bye week comes at a shitty spot. Id be ecstatic if we're able to keep mahomes out until after the bye week.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:55 AM 10-18-2019
Talked to my PT buddy he says in all honestly they should probably shut him down and have surgery if there is a tear because risk of second injury could be career impacting. Says they should at least sit him through the bye.

We should be able to get to at least 2-2 for that. GB, Vikes, Tit, and Chargers.

Pat comes back after the bye blows a hole through the raiders assholes and then shit stomp the pats.
[Reply]
kcclone 07:58 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If it's 3 games minimum, the Chiefs need to fight like hell to win 1...hopefulky 2 if the next 3 games. The bye week comes at a shitty spot. Id be ecstatic if we're able to keep mahomes out until after the bye week.

I wouldn't even think about putting him back in until after the bye. If we can split the next 4, which I think we can if the defense keeps bringing it, then we'll be 7-4 after the bye.

Going 3-2 in the last 5 if Mahomes is back for the Raiders gets us in. Then we just have to pray we're healthy, and Pat can get hot.

We seem to be better on the road, so the home playoff thing isn't a death blow.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:59 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Talked to my PT buddy he says in all honestly they should probably shut him down and have surgery if there is a tear because risk of second injury could be career impacting. Says they should at least sit him through the bye.

We should be able to get to at least 2-2 for that. GB, Vikes, Tit, and Chargers.

Pat comes back after the bye blows a hole through the raiders assholes and then shit stomp the pats.
If there was a tear, don't you think he'd be on crutches or at least have a bad limp?

He was moving fine in the locker room and didn't even appear to be in pain.

I think that the doc who tweeted that he'll be back "sooner than you think" will be right. I think they kept him out to be cautious and the MRI will show little to no damage.
[Reply]
Don Corlemahomes 08:00 AM 10-18-2019

Your PT buddy should know that a reasonable timetable cannot be set until an MRI read is back.

I'm not an ortho, but between medical school and overlap in practice, imaging is king. Without an MRI, it's pure speculation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
He’s going to be fine. If he really messed up his ligaments he would have not been walking. Even with an injury Mahomes fires his team up as “walked” off the field. This kid is the best thing to happen to Football in a long time. They will play harder as a team with Pat out. This will bring the team together.
No shit. What he did in that locker room was real ****ing leadership. Everyone knows if he's gone for the season, so are our Super Bowl hopes. Players know that. He kept the good feeling from spanking Denver in Denver going. You can tell that they love Mahomes, He's not just viewed as their ticket to a Super Bowl.

Someone is going to step up at a meeting next week and say something like....Mahomes has had our back all year, covered up our mistakes by making plays. It's time for us to step up for Mahomes. Que music........Lets win this for Mahomes!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:02 AM 10-18-2019
Been on vacation on NC coast with no cable or wifi... Hoping for the best for PM
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:02 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Don Corlemahomes:
Your PT buddy should know that a reasonable timetable cannot be set until an MRI read is back.

I'm not an ortho, but between medical school and overlap in practice, imaging is king. Without an MRI, it's pure speculation.
Well yea he knows that lol. He is just speculating like the rest of us but he sees these injuries all the time he is a sports PT.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:07 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If there was a tear, don't you think he'd be on crutches or at least have a bad limp?

He was moving fine in the locker room and didn't even appear to be in pain.

I think that the doc who tweeted that he'll be back "sooner than you think" will be right. I think they kept him out to be cautious and the MRI will show little to no damage.
Not necessarily, Players walk on significant injuries all the time. All though yes it bodes well, he could still have a slight tear there. Watch that video someone posted above its a good explanation.

I really hope so, hopefully no tears and he can sit a few games and be back.

My buddy just said he will likely need surgery with that type of injury and he could come back from that even but 2nd injury risk is career threatening on that, so I think best case scenario he has no tears and they sit him through the bye he comes back ready to go.

Look, we all hope its hardly nothing and Pat is superhuman and no tears and he feels great on it and plays in 3 weeks. Myself included im just temporing my expectations.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:08 AM 10-18-2019
Can someone explain how the injury happened? Did he get hit or scrambling or what.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 10-18-2019
If he needs surgery, go ahead and get it and move on. No chancing it.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:10 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Can someone explain how the injury happened? Did he get hit or scrambling or what.
He was going to the ground on a QB sneak, player must have hit his right thigh inward when his knee hit the ground and popped his patella out.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:15 AM 10-18-2019
He was going to the ground on a QB sneak, player must have hit his right thigh inward when his knee hit the ground and popped his patella out.
Hopefully no acl tears... This kid is gonna be real special and make things tough on us but I enjoy watching him play.. the only thing about kneecaps popping out is they seem to do it more often after the first one... million-dollar orthopedic doctors probably know what to do about that though..good luck to y'all was hoping this would be the year for you to get the monkey off your back
[Reply]
Page 28 of 99
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up