ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2794 of 4911
« First < 1794229426942744278427902791279227932794 279527962797279828042844289432943794 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The one they truly whiffed on was Josh Allen.

The Broncos loved Dak Prescott but he missed his flight to Denver and had a DUI prior to the draft, so we drafted Paxton.

Elway said he loved Mahomes, but we drafted Paxton the year before so we weren't seriously considering him.

Elway would've drafted Herbert in 2019, but he went back to school and we ended up with Drew Lock.

A lot of this QB shit is luck.
Passing on Pat because of Lynch has NOTHING to do with luck. The Chiefs certainly didn't pass on him when they already had Alex Smith. The donx certainly had the draft capital to pull it off (better than KC), they just didn't want to because of their evaluations of Lynch (lol) and Mahomes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:26 PM 03-03-2022
You guys hit on a C, a G, and an ILB. Humprhey looks like a home run, but there are multiple guys like Bolton and Smith available on day 2 every year. Good job hitting on Smith on day 3, though.

Pat Surtain is a shutdown corner. Stud rushers and QB's come out nearly every year, a guy like Surtain comes around every 5 or 6 years.

Javonte Williams is a monster, and will be a consistent Pro Bowler if he stays healthy.

Meinerz was a solid hit at guard in the third.

Baron Browning was another hit in the third.

Caden Sterns in the 5th is a steal. He's the reason we're going to let Kareem Jackson walk and why we won't even consider drafting Kyle Hamilton at 9.

Jonathon Cooper was a steal in the 7th round.
The donx took that flabby **** meinerz in the THIRD?!? What, were teams beating down doors to snatch up a pudgy lineman from a D3 school? Paton liked him better than Tre Smith?!? Is that the claim?

Don't get me wrong, Chief Fan loved them some Meinerz. I just never understood it and would have hated sinking a good pick for a guy like that.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:26 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Passing on Pat because of Lynch has NOTHING to do with luck. The Chiefs certainly didn't pass on him when they already had Alex Smith. The donx certainly had the draft capital to pull it off (better than KC), they just didn't want to because of their evaluations of Lynch (lol) and Mahomes.
The Chiefs wanted the antithesis of Alex Smith and were looking for his replacement the year they drafted Mahomes.

Denver was stuck hoping that Lynch would come along after his rookie year. It never happened. Unless you earn the #1 pick like the Cardinals did with Kyler, teams don't give on 1st round QB's after one year.

We were in a similar position with Drew Lock in 2020. He actually had a few flashes his rookie year, though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 03-03-2022
The Chiefs wanted the antithesis of Alex Smith and were looking for his replacement the year they drafted Mahomes.

Denver was stuck hoping that Lynch would come along after his rookie year. It never happened. Unless you earn the #1 pick like the Cardinals did with Kyler, teams don't give on 1st round QB's after one year.

We were in a similar position with Drew Lock in 2020. He actually had a few flashes his rookie year, though.
:-)

Imagine believing that the Chiefs didn't identify and specifically target Patrick Mahomes...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:31 PM 03-03-2022

What was the argument for giving Lynch more time over moving up for Mahomes? Are you seriously suggesting it was simply because "teams don't" do that?

Literally everyone on the planet knew Pat was better. I think we can stop pretending otherwise.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:32 PM 03-03-2022
The donx took that flabby **** meinerz in the THIRD?!? What, were teams beating down doors to snatch up a pudgy lineman from a D3 school? Paton liked him better than Tre Smith?!? Is that the claim?
Meinerz was a stud last year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:32 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m actually thankful Denver drafted a RB bc Jevon Holland was taken with the very next pick and he’s an absolute monster.

Played in the box, played deep and played some corner.

69 tackles
2.5 sacks
2 INT’s
10 passes defended
3 fumble recoveries

He’s one of the best safeties in football already. Like a bigger, stronger younger version of Matheiu.
BTW, I love Jevon Holland. The fish are about to be good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:35 PM 03-03-2022
Meinerz was a stud last year.
I don't see him on the All-Rookie team. Must be some mistake.

https://www.profootballwriters.org/o...-rookie-teams/
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:40 PM 03-03-2022
What was the argument for giving Lynch more time over moving up for Mahomes? Are you seriously suggesting it was simply because "teams don't" do that?

Literally everyone on the planet knew Pat was better. I think we can stop pretending otherwise.
Pat Mahomes wasn't a sure thing. Which is why he fell to 10 and was the second QB drafted.

Teams don't give up on first round QB's after one year. Josh Rosen and Kyler Murray are the exception.

The Broncos had Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson as our projected starters at left and right tackle the year Mahomes came out. We had to draft a tackle.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:41 PM 03-03-2022
I don't see him on the All-Rookie team. Must be some mistake.

https://www.profootballwriters.org/o...-rookie-teams/
The Broncos aren't in the spotlight. Chiefs players get overrated.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:42 PM 03-03-2022
Pat Mahomes wasn't a sure thing. Which is why he fell to 10 and was the second QB drafted.

Teams don't give up on first round QB's after one year. Josh Rosen and Kyler Murray are the exception.

The Broncos had Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson as our projected starters at left and right tackle the year Mahomes came out. We had to draft a tackle.
Right, and you had to have a DE with a top-5 pick when Josh Allen was available. I think we all get it.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:49 PM 03-03-2022
The one they truly whiffed on was Josh Allen.

The Broncos loved Dak Prescott but he missed his flight to Denver and had a DUI prior to the draft, so we drafted Paxton.

Elway said he loved Mahomes, but we drafted Paxton the year before so we weren't seriously considering him.

Elway would've drafted Herbert in 2019, but he went back to school and we ended up with Drew Lock.

A lot of this QB shit is luck.
Broncos probably make the playoffs if they draft Mac Jones. He was good with less than stellar offensive talent at WR in NE
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:51 PM 03-03-2022
Tell me who the franchise QB in this draft is. It's very likely 1 of them will become one. Shoot your shot.
Why don't you ask Veach?

He apparently knows how to identify 'the one'.

You better hope your new GM can scout talent half as good as Veach and his group.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:55 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos probably make the playoffs if they draft Mac Jones. He was good with less than stellar offensive talent at WR in NE
Possibly.

I actually liked Mac Jones coming out, but how much upside is there with him? Is he ever going to be better than Cousins?

I'd rather take a shot with a guy like Carson Strong than go with Mac Jones.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:59 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Why don't you ask Veach?

He apparently knows how to identify 'the one'.

You better hope your new GM can scout talent half as good as Veach and his group.
NFL personnel departments already think Paton and his staff are better. They even gave them an award for it.

Broncos are winners of the 5th annual Best Draft Award as voted on by NFL scouts and executives and presented by ITL Combine Seminar. Broncos win it on strength of Surtain, Javonte, The Belly, Baron Browning, Caden Sterns and Jonathon Cooper. George Paton's first draft. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@mikeklis) March 2, 2022

[Reply]
Page 2794 of 4911
« First < 1794229426942744278427902791279227932794 279527962797279828042844289432943794 > Last »
Up