ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2793 of 4905
« First < 1793229326932743278327892790279127922793 279427952796279728032843289332933793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:47 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Tell me who the franchise QB in this draft is. It's very likely 1 of them will become one. Shoot your shot.
I haven’t dug into these QBs because my team has Patrick Mahomes :-)

If the Broncos are going to draft their guy, Willis or Corral would probably be the guy for me.

Remember, Mahomes wasn’t seen as a sure thing by any means, hence why he fell to 10. You have to have foresight and be willing to take a risk. Veach thought he was getting “the best player” he’s “ever” seen. Turns out, he was right.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How about we expand it to the last 10 years of drafts.

Because Denver has had tons of chances to get and develop their own QB and can't do it.

:-)
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 03-03-2022
Acquire Kirk Cousins and give him one of the worst contracts in NFL history.

#therealpatonplan
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:55 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How about we expand it to the last 10 years of drafts.

Because Denver has had tons of chances to get and develop their own QB and can't do it.

:-)
The one they truly whiffed on was Josh Allen.

The Broncos loved Dak Prescott but he missed his flight to Denver and had a DUI prior to the draft, so we drafted Paxton.

Elway said he loved Mahomes, but we drafted Paxton the year before so we weren't seriously considering him.

Elway would've drafted Herbert in 2019, but he went back to school and we ended up with Drew Lock.

A lot of this QB shit is luck.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:57 PM 03-03-2022
The one they truly whiffed on was Josh Allen.

The Broncos loved Dak Prescott but he missed his flight to Denver and had a DUI prior to the draft, so we drafted Paxton.

Elway said he loved Mahomes, but we drafted Paxton the year before so we weren't seriously considering him.

Elway would've drafted Herbert in 2019, but he went back to school and we ended up with Drew Lock.

A lot of this QB shit is luck.
Like getting a HOF QB in free agency or through a trade?

How much luckier does it get than that?

It’s not “luck” when it comes to drafting/developing. It’s hard, hence why your organization continues to believe they can do it the easy way.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:05 PM 03-03-2022
The guy that was fourth on the organizational ladder "led the way". :-)

This revisionist history you guys tell about Reach is hilarious. He probably did like him a lot, but so did Ballard, Dorsey and Reid. If they didn't like Mahomes it wouldn't have mattered how much Veach liked him, the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted him.
Veach pushed for Mahomes. Andy spent an entire day with Patrick and the other QB’s and loved Mahomes.

Andy signed off bc Andy is in charge of everything under Clark Hunt
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:07 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Like getting a HOF QB in free agency or through a trade?

How much luckier does it get than that?
Yeah that's lucky too.

Every team in the league desperately wants an elite QB, it's going to take luck to get one.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:12 PM 03-03-2022
You guys hit on a C, a G, and an ILB. Humprhey looks like a home run, but there are multiple guys like Bolton and Smith available on day 2 every year. Good job hitting on Smith on day 3, though.

Pat Surtain is a shutdown corner. Stud rushers and QB's come out nearly every year, a guy like Surtain comes around every 5 or 6 years.

Javonte Williams is a monster, and will be a consistent Pro Bowler if he stays healthy.

Meinerz was a solid hit at guard in the third.

Baron Browning was another hit in the third.

Caden Sterns in the 5th is a steal. He's the reason we're going to let Kareem Jackson walk and why we won't even consider drafting Kyle Hamilton at 9.

Jonathon Cooper was a steal in the 7th round.
Nick Bolton was better than Devin Bush. He’s had one of the best rookie seasons of recent for a LB of anyone not named Darius Leonard.

Javonte Williams is a RB. There are RB’s like him every year. Nick Chubb, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt.

A RB is not that impressive. It’s the easiest position to fill in a roster. That’s why I was pissed that my team drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the first rd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nick Bolton was better than Devin Bush. He’s had one of the best rookie seasons of recent for a LB of anyone not named Darius Leonard.

Javonte Williams is a RB. There are RB’s like him every year. Nick Chubb, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt.

A RB is not that impressive. It’s the easiest position to fill in a roster. That’s why I was pissed that my team drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the first rd.
You're talking to a guy who patterned his username after Knowshon fucking Moreno. Knowshon Moreno.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:19 PM 03-03-2022
Tell me who the franchise QB in this draft is. It's very likely 1 of them will become one. Shoot your shot.
It would be whomever General Paton picks as he’s some sort of genius GM.

#PatonPlan and all.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 03-03-2022
I’m actually thankful Denver drafted a RB bc Jevon Holland was taken with the very next pick and he’s an absolute monster.

Played in the box, played deep and played some corner.

69 tackles
2.5 sacks
2 INT’s
10 passes defended
3 fumble recoveries

He’s one of the best safeties in football already. Like a bigger, stronger younger version of Matheiu.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 03-03-2022
I’m actually thankful Denver drafted a RB bc Jevon Holland was taken with the very next pick and he’s an absolute monster.

69 tackles
2.5 sacks
2 INT’s
10 passes defended
3 fumble recoveries

He’s one of the best safeties in football already. Like a bigger, stronger younger version of Matheiu.
Yep.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:21 PM 03-03-2022

That’s also why teams tend to get burned by drafting a RB high. They aren’t worth what teams give up for them.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:15 PM 03-03-2022

69 tackles
2.5 sacks
2 INT’s
10 passes defended
3 fumble recoveries

Wait, the donx took Williams high in the 2nd? I always assumed he was a 3rd or 4th round guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wait, the donx took Williams high in the 2nd? I always assumed he was a 3rd or 4th round guy.
35th pick overall.
[Reply]
Page 2793 of 4905
« First < 1793229326932743278327892790279127922793 279427952796279728032843289332933793 > Last »
Up