ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 319
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:21 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lol do I need to draw pictures for you? Maybe color them?

Niang got fucked bc he had surgery and then covid happened. He wasn’t able to do anything at the combine but medicals. Then the country shut down and he couldn’t have a pro day, visit teams or anything in person. That lead to a false perception of fear.

Did I mention his hip injury is more worrisome than Little’s?

Walker Little just had a pro day. People saw him in person and know what he looks like.

This isn’t hard. Niang scared the shit out of GM’s bc they could never find anything out about him through the process. That’s completely different this year now that covid doesn’t have this country on complete lockdown.

From what I heard he underwhelmed and plum performed poorly on that pro day according to the likes of Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and Louis Riddick. I have wondered about Little for a while now. From what those guys are saying he will be late 2cd day or early 3rd day most likely.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
From what I heard he underwhelmed and plum performed poorly on that pro day according to the likes of Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and Louis Riddick. I have wondered about Little for a while now. From what those guys are saying he will be late 2cd day or early 3rd day most likely.
Which is to be expected when he hasn’t played football in 2 years. It’s understandable, but he doesn’t scream 2nd round lock whatsoever.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:56 PM 03-20-2021
If true he would be a project. We need someone capable to step in at LT assuming Okung is signed. That guy is an old broke dick an once he gets hurt again we could be in the same position as the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:58 PM 03-20-2021
Haven't spent much time on him but the little I saw was unimpressive. This guy living on early reputation.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:06 PM 03-20-2021
If true he would be a project. We need someone capable to step in at LT assuming Okung is signed. That guy is an old broke dick an once he gets hurt again we could be in the same position as the Super Bowl.
:-)

So before he was so valuable that we couldn’t even wait till 63, but now he’s not even good enough for 63?

Okung and Little is about as good as it’s going to get dude. I don’t know what more you can expect.

That gives you 2 solid stop gaps at LT/RT and your bookends of the future.

Niang also has the ability to play LT so you’d have 2 young’s guys that you can develop from day 1 and you throw the best guy out there if something happens to Okung.

What do oh think is a better solution? Reaching for Eichenberg at 31? I suppose you can trade up, but again you can’t force yourself into a trade up.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:20 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You know what, you can go fuck yourself you dumb hard headed son of a bitch. It’s like you aren’t even acknowledging the point I’m trying to make.

Walker Little has played 1 fucking game of football since 2018. 1 fucking game.

You think a fucking Pro Day somehow changes that? Did he play football at his Pro Day?

I understand the difference in the injuries and the concerns there. I’m not saying Little is going to last as long as Niang. That’s not the fucking point and you keep disingenuously acting like it is.

Show me one fucking prospect in the history of the draft that played 1 game in the last 2 years before it yet went in the first 64 picks.

I’ll wait...
Run is obsessed with combine numbers. Many times they mean jack shit
[Reply]
staylor26 01:24 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Run is obsessed with combine numbers. Many times they mean jack shit
There was no combine so that’s not the case here.

He’s going off of this rule that he’s made in his head where any LT we can possibly get at 63 has to be a huge project because reasons!
[Reply]
RunKC 01:35 PM 03-20-2021
:-)

So before he was so valuable that we couldn’t even wait till 63, but now he’s not even good enough for 63?

Okung and Little is about as good as it’s going to get dude. I don’t know what more you can expect.

That gives you 2 solid stop gaps at LT/RT and your bookends of the future.

Niang also has the ability to play LT so you’d have 2 young’s guys that you can develop from day 1 and you throw the best guy out there if something happens to Okung.

What do oh think is a better solution? Reaching for Eichenberg at 31? I suppose you can trade up, but again you can’t force yourself into a trade up.
This isn’t a corner or G or LB. It’s LT aka the 2nd most important position on the goddamn team.

Forgive me for not trusting an old broke dick like Okung to be worth it all season. And if Walker Little is a “project” then trade the fuck up.

There’s 5 LT’s slated to be quality first rd players this year. I would absolutely trade up to get one for the next 8-10 years if my scouts thought he was good enough.

But nah man. Roll with a broke dick who likely won’t even make it to January and then move around the OL to have them play positions they aren’t comfortable with? We saw what happened last time we did that.

Highly doubt Andy and Veach want anything to do with that plan
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 03-20-2021
This isn’t a corner or G or LB. It’s LT aka the 2nd most important position on the goddamn team.

Forgive me for not trusting an old broke dick like Okung to be worth it all season. And if Walker Little is a “project” then trade the fuck up.

There’s 5 LT’s slated to be quality first rd players this year. I would absolutely trade up to get one for the next 8-10 years if my scouts thought he was good enough.

But nah man. Roll with a broke dick who likely won’t even make it to January and then move around the OL to have them play positions they aren’t comfortable with? We saw what happened last time we did that.

Highly doubt Andy and Veach want anything to do with that plan
I don’t think Walker Little is a “project”. I think he’s a guy that hasn’t played football in almost 2 years.

There’s a difference.

And nobody is saying you count on Okung for 16+ games. At the very least he buys you time to get Niang and/or Little ready. That’s the point.

But just to be clear, you’re saying you will force yourself into a trade up or take the best LT available, correct? It doesn’t matter how high you have to trade, what you’re giving up, or what’s available you’re 100% going all in for need?

I’ve said that I’m open to trading up, but that’s also depending on other factors beyond “we need a LT so we HAVE to do it”.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:56 PM 03-20-2021
I’ve said that I’m open to trading up, but that’s also depending on other factors beyond “we need a LT so we HAVE to do it”.
Exactly.

It would be one thing if the Chiefs were trading up in the first while giving up multiple high round picks for an Orlando Pace, a 10+ year left tackle destined for the Hall of Fame or at least the Chiefs Ring of Fame.

But it's something different altogether if they're doing the same for a Riley Reiff.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:00 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Exactly.

It would be one thing if the Chiefs were trading up in the first while giving up multiple high round picks for an Orlando Pace, a 10+ year left tackle destined for the Hall of Fame or at least the Chiefs Ring of Fame.

But it's something different altogether if they're doing the same for a Riley Reiff.
Yea I’m all for trading up for a guy like Cosmi or Jenkins if they slip a little, but I’m not forcing myself into doing anything.

I’m also not forcing myself into taking the best LT available.

Those are panic moves. Veach is aggressive, but he’s also selective. He’s not going to trade up for a LT. He’s going to trade up for his guy at LT. The same goes for if they stay at 31.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:51 PM 03-20-2021
Yea I’m all for trading up for a guy like Cosmi or Jenkins if they slip a little, but I’m not forcing myself into doing anything.

I’m also not forcing myself into taking the best LT available.

Those are panic moves. Veach is aggressive, but he’s also selective. He’s not going to trade up for a LT. He’s going to trade up for his guy at LT. The same goes for if they stay at 31.
Unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in. We need a LT and backup plan. It just depends on the prospects. If Cosmi or Jenkins are there then I wouldn’t mind moving up.

We’re in a weird spot right now but there’s a great OT class next month. That’s probably our best shot for next season and beyond
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:53 PM 03-20-2021
We need a damn WR. I’m having nightmares of what this offense would look like with either Hill or Kelce not on the field.

It’s early it’s early I know.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:53 PM 03-20-2021
Unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in. We need a LT and backup plan. It just depends on the prospects. If Cosmi or Jenkins are there then I wouldn’t mind moving up.

We’re in a weird spot right now but there’s a great OT class next month. That’s probably our best shot for next season and beyond
Revan is projected to be a RT/OG in the pros
[Reply]
In58men 02:55 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We need a damn WR. I’m having nightmares of what this offense would look like with either Hill or Kelce not on the field.

It’s early it’s early I know.
I think they bring Sammy back and they’re pretty high on Antonio Callaway.

We need WR very high though, possibly round 1. Get some OL right after.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 319
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289 > Last »
Up