ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 2694
« First < 179229269275276277278279 2802812822832893293797791279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:10 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Haha dude, I seriously could have thrown a better pitch than that when I was 6 years old.
I know me too & if I knew I was going throw out first pitch in front of 40,000+ at a MLB I'd be sure I'd practice to get it over the plate. Alex Smith is ball throwing challenged :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:22 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
alex has never had a '****it, im just throwing caution to the wind' moment or series of moments.
Eh.. it's not frequent enough, but using the word never just doesn't work for you.

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:29 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by JohnV:
Lol. I think you guy's will like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afVY7WCdJM
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:30 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
Eh.. it's not frequent enough, but using the word never just doesn't work for you.

Why can't he play balls more often? That's a knock on Alex Smith. Patrick Mahomes II for better or worse is going play balls out for four quarters every game.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:03 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Why can't he play balls more often? That's a knock on Alex Smith. Patrick Mahomes II for better or worse is going play balls out for four quarters every game.
We'll see, about that last sentence... and whether he maintains this disposition after taking his lumps over time.

For the first two, I agree with you. Guess he's too entrenched in his safe/scared play to step up enough.

He looks at his win % over recent years, and keeps it safe, because he figures he'll win more than lose with it. Hey. playing those odds are fine in the regular season. It's disappointing that he didn't bring more to that last NE game.

Last season for Smith, and I for one will be glad to close this book.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:15 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Maclin shouldn't even be factored in as an Alexcuse because Alex has always had a reputation for leaving WR's in WR purgatory. Hell, the guy went 21 ****ing games in a row without throwing a TD to a receiver...the entire 2014 season!!! Maclin's best season with us (2015), he picked up 1088 yards receiving and 8 TD's. His best year was when he was with the Eagles in 2014... he racked up 1318 yards and 10 TD's...with his quarterbacks being Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. Alex was way more of a detriment to Maclin than Maclin was to Smith.

Ware and West did a great job when Charles was hurt. Alex has had a running game in KC.

Not sure why I am feeding your troll face here, but yeah...
Ignorant post. Smith maclin connected on >72%of targets in 2015 and Mac had the lowest drop rate in the league. And that's on their first year of playing together.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:19 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
alex has never had a '****it, im just throwing caution to the wind' moment or series of moments. let us say for example. alex knows how fast tyreek is. hill probably on a couple occasions even told him 'hey alex man, im wide open all day over here'. but in the pittsburg game, why didn't he simply fling the ball in hills direction? take that chance. but instead, he wasted valuable time scrambling before getting nothing anyways. he is the definition of a system guy. im amazed at how smart alex supposedly is, but he does not allow it to work outside of the backfield.

AND THAT IS WHAT EVERY ONE HERE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU!!
You fixate on a play that showed a bracket coming from the beginning to contain Tyreek with the play call from Reid throwing the ball right. Smith said it himself in the press conference, tyreek was not an intended receiver based on that play design. The pocket collapsed before he could make a 3rd/4th read
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:34 AM 07-12-2017

If that was 2 PM that would have been a 96 mph fastball for a strike.

Alex is great at throwing balls in the dirt.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:34 AM 07-12-2017

aaaaaaahahaha
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:36 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
:-)
Tiger will be posting it was the catcher's fault- Not Alex's!!!!!

The catcher did not frame the pitch good enough and messed up Alex's delivery.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:38 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Ignorant post. Smith maclin connected on >72%of targets in 2015 and Mac had the lowest drop rate in the league. And that's on their first year of playing together.
In 2015, Maclin was 27th in targets with 124 & Kelce was 40th with 103. The next Chiefs WR/TE was 116th with 57 targets.

In 2016, the Chiefs didn't have a WR or TE in the top 30 targets - that includes Kelce.

Fact is, Smith is known for not getting his WR's the ball often. It's not a new thing. He's been destroying WR careers since SF. But what is more frustrating is that Kelce should play right into Smith's soft, passive game play and he should have been averaging 10-12 targets a game in 2016 instead of the 7 he got.
[Reply]
rico 08:40 AM 07-12-2017
So he was playing nowhere near his value?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:47 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
In 2015, Maclin was 27th in targets with 124 & Kelce was 40th with 103. The next Chiefs WR/TE was 116th with 57 targets.

In 2016, the Chiefs didn't have a WR or TE in the top 30 targets - that includes Kelce.

Fact is, Smith is known for not getting his WR's the ball often. It's not a new thing. He's been destroying WR careers since SF. But what is more frustrating is that Kelce should play right into Smith's soft, passive game play and he should have been averaging 10-12 targets a game in 2016 instead of the 7 he got.
Yet another ignorant post. You ignore how effective our run game was in 2015 ranking as one of the top in efficiency. Naturally that eats away at volume in the passing game. A better assessment would be to look at efficiency... And both maclin and Kelce were hauling in >70% of targets which is spectacular.

Amongst tight ends, Kelce was one of the most targeted.. Clumping him with wide receivers is disingenuous
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:17 AM 07-12-2017
Yet another ignorant post. You ignore how effective our run game was in 2015 ranking as one of the top in efficiency. Naturally that eats away at volume in the passing game. A better assessment would be to look at efficiency... And both maclin and Kelce were hauling in >70% of targets which is spectacular.

Amongst tight ends, Kelce was one of the most targeted.. Clumping him with wide receivers is disingenuous
Keep moving those goalposts.

In 2016 - which if I remember correctly you constantly say our run game was a problem - Kelce was catching greater than 72% of his targets. Hill was bringing in greater than 73% of his targets. They just didn't get targeted by the QB like they should.

But again, WR not getting targets from Smith is not a new problem. He's always had trouble throwing the ball to them regardless of running game, defense, offensive line, etc etc etc.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:40 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Troy Aikman was the number one draft pick in 1989, if I recall correctly, and in 1993 he was selected first-team All-Pro with Steven Young. In addition, Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowls in four years.

As a Texas Tech alum, supporter and donor, I watched Mahomes for three years. This young man displays eerily similar leadership traits that we saw with Aikman in his early days with Dallas.

I'll agree that the KC faithful have placed some pretty high expectations on Mahomes, but then again, so did we at Tech. This young man thrives and grows exponentially in direct proportion to the challenges he is handed.

I'm not going to bash Alex Smith as I don't think--regardless of what anyone in the Chiefs' front office may have said or inferred--that he was hired to take the Chiefs to the Promised Land, but rather to the water's edge, ie the playoffs.

In contrast, I fully believe that Mahomes was drafted and hired to take the Chiefs' to the Mountain Top and keep them there long enough for Kansas City to add the word "Dynasty" to their history. Almost all of the characters are in place.

2017 is a toss-up. He (Mahomes) might get a lot of snaps during the regular season and he might not. But 2018 is going to be a barn-burner, because as we saw and watched at Tech, his sophomore season was three times better than his freshmen season, and you've all seen the highlights from his junior season--even better than his sophomore season.

Bear in mind that his improvement came at the hands of young rookie and inexperienced coaches. He doesn't have that holding his talent level back at KC. He's got some of the best there is bringing him along.

Regards,

JD
Thanks for a quality take from someone who watched the kid for years.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 2694
« First < 179229269275276277278279 2802812822832893293797791279 > Last »
Up