ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 1217
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379779 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 08:11 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fired up the grill. The burgers shrunk down so they look silly on the bun. Had macaroni and cheese (I have a 2 year old) cucumber and sweet corn.

The sausage is this stuff. It's pretty legit if you come across it.

I'm full. Didn't finish the burger. Ugh.
All looks good and that would be an appetizer for me! :-)

I can chow down with the best of them!
[Reply]
scho63 08:38 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
yesterday was my wife's birthday, so Saturday morning while she was out I made her aq coconut cake, and that night we had family over and I made a pizza and calzone buffet.
Everything looks great but what I am really shocked at is all you guys are cooking with electric stove tops. What gives? Can't get gas where you are at? Electric is TERRIBLE
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:40 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Everything looks great but what I am really shocked at is all you guys are cooking with electric stove tops. What gives? Can't get gas where you are at? Electric is TERRIBLE
we don't even have gas to the neighborhood, everything's electric. I'm fine with it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:09 AM 09-19-2016
Every place I've lived had electric. The home I own now had a gas line to the fireplace, but that was the only thing in the house to have gas. I had to pay a gas dude to come out and run a gas line up the side of my house, into my attic, and down an inside wall to get a gas stovetop. It was worth it, but damn...
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:10 AM 09-19-2016
Fired up the grill. The burgers shrunk down so they look silly on the bun. Had macaroni and cheese (I have a 2 year old) cucumber and sweet corn.

You're a man after my own heart when it comes to pepper.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:12 AM 09-19-2016
On the Mac and cheese?

Typical 2 year old. She sees that wife and I have pepper on the Mac so she needs it. It worked for awhile because we have a grinder so she would shake it on there and nothing would come out. So we played it up hard. And it worked. Well the smart little shitbox has figured out that you have to turn it to get the pepper. :-)

She just doesn't know she doesn't want that much pepper.
Oooooooooooooooooor, maybe not. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:12 AM 09-19-2016

I've had excellent luck with all sausages I've purchased with that Go Texan logo on it.
[Reply]
scho63 10:34 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
we don't even have gas to the neighborhood, everything's electric. I'm fine with it.
Ever cook with gas?
[Reply]
tooge 10:40 AM 09-19-2016

If you poke a hole through the burger patty. ala a bagel, then when it cooks, it'll not shrink and turn into a puck, but rather just flatten out a bit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:08 AM 09-19-2016
I have a new love. It's not even really all that innovative, but tweaks just enough to be nearly perfect.

Jimmy Dean sage patty sausage
Tillamook sharp cheddar
egg, fork scrambled then fried in butter
Cobblestone slider rolls

The slider rolls are the key difference. Bought them because they were on the day-old rack, but inspiration struck when I was trying to decide if I wanted toast with breakfast.

Just the right size for the sausage patty, different enough from biscuits and croissants to shake things up. A nice touch of sweetness in the dough to juxtapose flavors. Not crumbly or flaky, so the sammiches don't fall apart.

[note - a couple of my breakfast pet peeves is are, mismatched breakfast sammich ingredients, ie tiny sausage on a huge biscuit or vice versa, and crumbly sammiches that make a mess, particularly if taken to go]

Two is a little light, four is too many if you also have potato/fruit/oatmeal sides, but not too much to be a decent entire workday breakfast.

I had two with a side of oatmeal and coffee, two more made up to snack on later.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:11 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I have a new love. It's not even really all that innovative, but tweaks just enough to be nearly perfect.

Jimmy Dean sage patty sausage
Tillamook sharp cheddar
egg, fork scrambled then fried in butter
Cobblestone slider rolls

The slider rolls are the key difference. Bought them because they were on the day-old rack, but inspiration struck when I was trying to decide if I wanted toast with breakfast.

Just the right size for the sausage patty, different enough from biscuits and croissants to shake things up. A nice touch of sweetness in the dough to juxtapose flavors. Not crumbly or flaky, so the sammiches don't fall apart.

[note - a couple of my breakfast pet peeves is are, mismatched breakfast sammich ingredients, ie tiny sausage on a huge biscuit or vice versa, and crumbly sammiches that make a mess, particularly if taken to go]

Two is a little light, four is too many if you also have potato/fruit/oatmeal sides, but not too much to be a decent entire workday breakfast.

I had two with a side of oatmeal and coffee, two more made up to snack on later.
Never tried that specifically, but those Cobblestone rolls are good. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Never tried that specifically, but those Cobblestone rolls are good. :-)
Dunno if my egg description is clear, but it's how I learned to make breakfast sammy eggs at Hardees clear back in HS, and is SFAIK how they make them everywhere.

crack eggs in a pitcher/bowl sufficient for however many you intend to make. Approx 1 egg per sammy [at Hardees we'd crack 2 dozen at a time and put them on a refrigerated pedestal near the grill. Usually cooked in 20 minutes or so.

Whisk entire batch vigorously.

Use a standard ladle and ladle the egg onto 1/2 pat butter on grill [after pat melted and starts bubbling].

Let pool of scrambled egg cook mostly through undisturbed, flip. Fold into quarters [ie, 1/2 moon, then 1/4 moon]. Serve.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:38 AM 09-19-2016
Ever cook with gas?
not on a real cooktop
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:56 AM 09-19-2016
I had gas at the last house I owned. I was running a cheapo depot gas stove and it wasn't very good. Wife wanted glass top when it crapped out. Happy wife happy life. I spent decent money and got a good one. It cooks pretty decent.

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've had excellent luck with all sausages I've purchased with that Go Texan logo on it.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Oooooooooooooooooor, maybe not. :-)
I fuggin love pepper. LOVE IT. I went through and tried to cut some salt out in college and bought a pepper mill, now I pepper the fuck out stuff. Love it.

Now, that being said, my daughter gets this little dollop of mac and cheese and thinks she needs as much pepper as daddy. She doesn't even know.

Originally Posted by tooge:
If you poke a hole through the burger patty. ala a bagel, then when it cooks, it'll not shrink and turn into a puck, but rather just flatten out a bit.
How big a hole we talking? This sounds like a good way for Buehler445 to fuck shit up.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:03 PM 09-19-2016
I had gas at the last house I owned. I was running a cheapo depot gas stove and it wasn't very good. Wife wanted glass top when it crapped out. Happy wife happy life. I spent decent money and got a good one. It cooks pretty decent.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

I fuggin love pepper. LOVE IT. I went through and tried to cut some salt out in college and bought a pepper mill, now I pepper the **** out stuff. Love it.

Now, that being said, my daughter gets this little dollop of mac and cheese and thinks she needs as much pepper as daddy. She doesn't even know.

How big a hole we talking? This sounds like a good way for Buehler445 to **** shit up.
a deep thumb impression will do it. I like to use one of these

[Reply]
Page 279 of 1217
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379779 > Last »
Up