ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 386
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
FAX 08:21 AM 05-06-2019

What Tyrion jumping into the water should have sounded like.... #GameofThrones pic.twitter.com/N2YbIW6avK

— ARYA STAN ACCOUNT (@antonythechef) May 6, 2019

[Reply]
Fish 08:30 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

:-)... I actually made that sound during the show, and my daughter had a nice laugh at it...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 05-06-2019
I know there are really stupid decisions being made by the show. Slap your head WTF moments. How does this make sense etc.

This is the most negative group of great fans of a show I've seen in a long time. You invested 7 seasons. 9 years. You waited a 1.5 years for the finale season. No books in 8 years. GRMM cant even figure out how to finish the story. But, you expect D&D to have figured it out? You have in your head how it should end and then criticize when it doesn't happen. You bitch about spoliers and then read them and complain about not being surprised. WTF?

There is only 2 episodes left. You Debbie downers are not worth reading anymore. Nothing would satisfy what you have in your own head on how events should have played out.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:05 AM 05-06-2019
Dany isn't even remotely near Mad King territory. This is just some word they took from the books and had no clue WTF it meant. Aerys was mad because during times of peace he was burning innocents alive in his Keep for made up reasons. This is war, people die. Travesties occur on both sides. Aegon won with Fire and Blood. Eventually everyone forgot about it and there was relative peace. Cersei is evil and needs to be stopped by any means necessary. All of those who support her even after under threat of death are also evil by proxy. She has lost something important in Westeros time after time after time and gained nothing. Her grief and anger are completely understandable.

Even after all that she has directed it all towards Cersei. When did she go burn surrounding territories for no reason? When did she burn innocents in her conquests at all? She burned soldiers whose lives are forfeit anyway. Her "descent" into madness was forced and stupid. If Aerys had a single dragon he would have burned all of Westeros because he was mad. Dany wanted to burn one freaking stronghold, the Red Keep, not King's Landing itself. And these "advisors" start to freak out over nothing. I'm surprised Varys was acting like such a spaz when he was there for all of Aerys' atrocities and likened it to Dany. Aerys had his whole family alive and well. He had allies everywhere and he sat the Iron Throne and used it to host live BBQs daily. This is poor, poor writing. Star Wars is doomed if it's in the hands of these losers.

This asinine thought that Dany is anywhere near mad is a travesty. Anyway, I'm done.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:11 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Dany isn't even remotely near Mad King territory. This is just some word they took from the books and had no clue WTF it meant. Aerys was mad because during times of peace he was burning innocents alive in his Keep for made up reasons. This is war, people die. Travesties occur on both sides. Aegon won with Fire and Blood. Eventually everyone forgot about it and there was relative peace. Cersei is evil and needs to be stopped by any means necessary. All of those who support her even after under threat of death are also evil by proxy. She has lost something important in Westeros time after time after time and gained nothing. Her grief and anger are completely understandable.

Even after all that she has directed it all towards Cersei. When did she go burn surrounding territories for no reason? When did she burn innocents in her conquests at all? She burned soldiers whose lives are forfeit anyway. Her "descent" into madness was forced and stupid. If Aerys had a single dragon he would have burned all of Westeros because he was mad. Dany wanted to burn one freaking stronghold, the Red Keep, not King's Landing itself. And these "advisors" start to freak out over nothing. I'm surprised Varys was acting like such a spaz when he was there for all of Aerys' atrocities and likened it to Dany. Aerys had his whole family alive and well. He had allies everywhere and he sat the Iron Throne and used it to host live BBQs daily. This is poor, poor writing. Star Wars is doomed if it's in the hands of these losers.

This asinine thought that Dany is anywhere near mad is a travesty. Anyway, I'm done.
I see Varys as looking to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem like it did with Aerys. Varys claims to look out for the 7 kingdoms themselves not its monarch and war due to an unstable monarch is bad for the kingdoms.

She burned prisoners alive which is a big no no even back in Medieval times. They are good as hostages at least not to mention trying to sway them to your side.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:21 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Here's the rest of the series in short if you don't want to waste any more time and just laugh at this disaster like the rest of us.

Spoiler!
This.....this can't be real....OMG. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know there are really stupid decisions being made by the show. Slap your head WTF moments. How does this make sense etc.

This is the most negative group of great fans of a show I've seen in a long time. You invested 7 seasons. 9 years. You waited a 1.5 years for the finale season. No books in 8 years. GRMM cant even figure out how to finish the story. But, you expect D&D to have figured it out? You have in your head how it should end and then criticize when it doesn't happen. You bitch about spoliers and then read them and complain about not being surprised. WTF?

There is only 2 episodes left. You Debbie downers are not worth reading anymore. Nothing would satisfy what you have in your own head on how events should have played out.
You're acting like it's the fans' fault that the show has turned to shit. People were mostly fine through season 6. Last season, the general reaction was "Whoa, they're really oversimplifying this, but I guess if it's setting up for an epic ending, I'll roll with it."

The issue with this season is that there's nothing left, and they're going so fast that nearly every single scene has something in it that you have to just suspend your disbelief to make it work. I think people are just becoming more outspoken about it because there's no time to fix it at this point. We just have to accept that they've given up on making the show remotely realistic and live with it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:38 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're acting like it's the fans' fault that the show has turned to shit. People were mostly fine through season 6. Last season, the general reaction was "Whoa, they're really oversimplifying this, but I guess if it's setting up for an epic ending, I'll roll with it."

The issue with this season is that there's nothing left, and they're going so fast that nearly every single scene has something in it that you have to just suspend your disbelief to make it work. I think people are just becoming more outspoken about it because there's no time to fix it at this point. We just have to accept that they've given up on making the show remotely realistic and live with it.
And you act like the show is actually shit.

It isn't. There were always going to be the group that complained about this season. ALWAYS. You've decided you want to be in that group.

It was clear last season that the writing had fallen off. Now they have 6 episodes to finish everything off. Clearly, it was going to be rushed. And yeah, there were some things that brought GoT back down to "ordinary" these past two seasons.

And despite that, it's still one of the best viewing experiences you'll find on T.V.

The only thing more annoying than the some sometimes bad writing, is the over the top dramatics from some of you about how "shitty" this show is.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:43 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:

4) Bronn's scene. Fuck off. I don't buy it. Yes he's a cutt-throat, yes he's always done stuff for gold and himself, and I know he's not truly Tyrion's friend, yes yes yes. But I do not buy the way he handled that at all. I guessed he'd negotiate to get a prize from Tyrion rather than Cersei, but just not the way it went down.
Hilariously, this is how most here, and most book readers expected this scene to go as it fits Bronn's character and hearkens back to their conversations several seasons ago. This scene made perfect sense all things considered.

And yet it's still being bitched about. Proof positive that it's open season for bitching and moaning. The negativity spreads like wildfire and puts even the most positive viewers into nit-pick mode.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:44 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And you act like the show is actually shit.

It isn't. There were always going to be the group that complained about this season. ALWAYS. You've decided you want to be in that group.

It was clear last season that the writing had fallen off. Now they have 6 episodes to finish everything off. Clearly, it was going to be rushed. And yeah, there were some things that brought GoT back down to "ordinary" these past two seasons.

And despite that, it's still one of the best viewing experiences you'll find on T.V.

The only thing more annoying than the some sometimes bad writing, is the over the top dramatics from some of you about how "shitty" this show is.
Previous to this past episode, the lowest rating ever given to a GOT episode on IMDB was an 8.4. This last episode is currently sitting at 7.5.

Prior to the battle at Winterfell this season, most of the "battle" episodes had ratings of 9.8 or 9.9. This last battle is currently sitting at 8.5.

But please continue to act like it's just a small group of CPers who think it's turned to shit.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:47 AM 05-06-2019
Oh, and I completely disagree with this. If it weren't for the fact that I have 15 years committed to this story, I wouldn't even be watching. My wife and I decided last night to turn it into a MST3K event because it was otherwise painful to watch.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:49 AM 05-06-2019
Didn't watch last night as last week broke me...doesn't sound like I missed much. The 2 big story beats were just eh ok whatever.

Did read all the spoilers floating around about the rest of the season and holy shit lol...I hope it happens that way.

Oh and now we get a Starbucks cup in a scene...that's what GoT has become...hurr hurr easter egg memes.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:51 AM 05-06-2019
I've been a big supporter of the show, and I'm not one who typically compares books to movies. I did read the books, but each stands alone for its entertainment value. It can be very different, and yet if it's awesomely entertaining, then who cares, is my view.

A few of my problems with this season, at a high level:

1. Whole thing feels RUSHED. I'd love to see Arya's reaction to learning that Jon isn't her half-brother, but rather is her cousin, and is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Nah, just skip. :-)

2. Bran is boring and emasculated. I struggle to believe GRR Martin went through all the trouble of making him the Three Eyed Raven to be so impotent.

3. The fleet sneak attacking/killing Rhaegal was ridiculous. A fleet of warships doesn't sneak up on flying dragons. Even experienced (doubt they were) ballistae operators couldn't fire a very small number of shots, from a moving, swaying platform, and hit a rapidly moving target at long distance. Hell, all they had to do was show a mass volley fire and I would've been fine with it. Instead, it's like 5 shots, and three hit. And that's after they somehow sneak up on the flying dragons. Jeeeesus that's dumb.

4. Bronn's entire scene was stupid, other than his introduction. The entire storyline for this character was the ultra-practical, far smarter than the average bear, ultra-mercenary. But he now thinks, because he made one random threat against Tyrion and Jaime, that he will GET Highgarden? Hell, he shouldn't even be dumb enough to believe that Tyrion COULD give it to him. Tyrion is the HAND, not the Queen. How the actual FUCK can he successfully convince Dany to give Bronn THE MOST VALUABLE great house of them all in terms of wealth? It's beyond absurd. And it's just not in keeping with what Bronn as I have understood him to be would do.

I'm not going to say the show sucks. That's a bridge too far, but there have been disappointing moments. VERY disappointing moments.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:54 AM 05-06-2019
Hilariously, this is how most here, and most book readers expected this scene to go as it fits Bronn's character and hearkens back to their conversations several seasons ago. This scene made perfect sense all things considered.

And yet it's still being bitched about. Proof positive that it's open season for bitching and moaning. The negativity spreads like wildfire and puts even the most positive viewers into nit-pick mode.

No. Just no. In what universe does Bronn actually believe he's going to get Highgarden at this point?

1. Does he believe the Lannisters wouldn't have him killed for so openly EXTORTING them?

2. Does he believe that Tyrion would actually reward him for these brazen threats?

3. Does he actually believe that Tyrion could convince Dany to give him the crown jewel of lordships for literally NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER to her cause, except not killing her Hand?

Bronn is way smarter than this. He can't possibly believe it. Why? Because it's patently ridiculous. He rode all the way from King's Landing to Winterfell to do THAT? That was the plan he came up with after weeks to think about it?

It's f'ing stupid. Makes no sense at all. Sure, he'd love Highgarden -- but he can't seriously believe that THAT will result in him getting it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:55 AM 05-06-2019
Posts from before mentioned how the inner monologue in the books made certain events seem more impactful because you got to see what the person was thinking in words not in glances or looks. I'm sure if this is the ending, and if Dany becomes the Mad Queen and burns Kings Landing to the ground, the books will show the slow slip into madness better than the show ever could. I was thinking last night that when Jon tells Arya and Sansa about his lineage that I really wanted to see their reactions in real time, but they didn't fit it into the episodes so that was a bit of a disappointment.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 386
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Up