ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 300
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:43 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So Self has as many NCAA Tournament Championships as he has first round exits at Kansas, right?
That is affirmative.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:46 PM 03-21-2024
I’m glad we won on bullshit after 12’s flops all game.

Fuck him for playing like a bitch. Fuck the refs for rewarding it.
Guessing he’ll get nailed for credit card fraud at some point, or some other jackass scam just like his daddy Gottleib.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:47 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Dickinson should be back but would be very surprised if Furphy was. They need to resolve their shooting and depth issues in any case. If KJ and Harris are gonna start as well, the other two guys need to be great shooters to deal with that roster construction issue.
I’m hopefully with Furphy, because he could really benefit from a year of college strength training. Wouldn’t surprise me if he took advantage of this terrible draft.

McNeeley would be a huge get. There’s always shooters in the portal, and I’m sure that isn’t lost on Self.

I’d rather see Adams off the bench with Bidunga/Dickinson starting together. You could have a couple interchangeable centers playing together to create some tough matchups. Adams just doesn’t have the size/length to be consistently effective around the basket, but also can’t shoot at all.

Adams could be a terrific energy big off the bench.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:50 PM 03-21-2024
They’ve stuck us in the early afternoon on Saturday incredibly (likely because CBS made us one of their top game choices and wanted us in that window), so it looks like I’ll be on a flight for our finale this year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:52 PM 03-21-2024
I’m hopefully with Furphy, because he could really benefit from a year of college strength training. Wouldn’t surprise me if he took advantage of this terrible draft.

McNeeley would be a huge get. There’s always shooters in the portal, and I’m sure that isn’t lost on Self.

I’d rather see Adams off the bench with Bidunga/Dickinson starting together. You could have a couple interchangeable centers playing together to create some tough matchups. Adams just doesn’t have the size/length to be consistently effective around the basket, but also can’t shoot at all.

Adams could be a terrific energy big off the bench.
Would love KJ as a bench big (which is much more fitting for a player with his skill set) but I don’t expect it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:52 PM 03-21-2024
Over the last decade, KU vs Gonzaga in the tournament would’ve been must see tv. Finally happens when both teams are having down years.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:55 PM 03-21-2024
Would love KJ as a bench big (which is much more fitting for a player with his skill set) but I don’t expect it.
I don’t either, but if Bidunga looks like a lottery pick (very possible)…I don’t know how Self brings him off the bench.

Self originally started Lucas over Doke. Tarik Black over Embiid.

Eventually though, Doke (until his injury in 2017) and Embiid made it obvious they were on another level. Hopefully, Bidunga does the same.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:55 PM 03-21-2024
Dickinson should be back but would be very surprised if Furphy was. They need to resolve their shooting and depth issues in any case. If KJ and Harris are gonna start as well, the other two guys need to be great shooters to deal with that roster construction issue.
I agree that Furphy is likely gone, but I just don’t get it. I mean, I do, but I don’t. Guy isn’t even close to being ready or prepared to play in the NBA. Think of all the one and done’s to cruise through Lawrence over the past 20 years. I can name maybe 3 or 4 that actually went on to a solid career, and about 10 other guys that had more game than Furphy.

But good luck talking a 19-20 year old out of you know, spending one or two more arduous years of their life by having fun in school, having carte blanch to fuck coed on campus and actually grow their brain towards having an even better future. But what do I know…?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:02 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
I agree that Furphy is likely gone, but I just don’t get it. I mean, I do, but I don’t. Guy isn’t even close to being ready or prepared to play in the NBA. Think of all the one and done’s to cruise through Lawrence over the past 20 years. I can name maybe 3 or 4 that actually went on to a solid career, and about 10 other guys that had more game than Furphy.

But good luck talking a 19-20 year old out of you know, spending one or two more arduous years of their life by having fun in school, having carte blanch to fuck coed on campus and actually grow their brain towards having an even better future. But what do I know…?
KCC can probably speak to this as well, but this is a bad NBA draft and next year is expected to be really strong. Especially with Cooper Flagg and a few others.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:24 AM 03-22-2024
The perception of this draft is that it is considerably weaker than usual. If Furphy has any shot of being a lottery pick in it (and I think he does based on that stretch he played earlier), he will likely be advised to go.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:25 AM 03-22-2024
KCC can probably speak to this as well, but this is a bad NBA draft and next year is expected to be really strong. Especially with Cooper Flagg and a few others.
As I said, I get it…. But I’m an old man, so there’s a huge part of me that simply doesn’t understand why these young men are so anxious to be “professional” and get that early money, and then be out of the league in sometimes record time, and then carving a career playing in Europe for a few years, and suddenly being 30 years old with a wife, a mistress, a baby momma, three kids and being thrust into the regular workforce with no life skills.

I dunno man…. I guess I’m just an old fart.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:31 AM 03-22-2024
The perception of this draft is that it is considerably weaker than usual. If Furphy has any shot of being a lottery pick in it (and I think he does based on that stretch he played earlier), he will likely be advised to go.
If Furphy is a fuckin lottery pick, it must be a pretty weak draft. Holy cow.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:32 AM 03-22-2024
At a minimum, I’m sure Furphy will test and get feedback. We should all hope that his feedback is that he’s not ready (defensively especially). NIL should make it easier for guys to stay in school too.

REALLY curious what happens with Elmarko. He says he’s coming back, but Yesufu said the same thing. Self has no issue forcing guys out, so I’m interested to see what he does here.

Elmarko looks so bad for long stretches then occasionally you see a flash of NBA level athleticism (which is what Yesufu and Pettiford just didn’t have). If he comes back, I’ll take that as confirmation that Self thinks he can improve and contribute. Because we know Self will force out guys that just don’t have it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:33 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:
If Furphy is a fuckin lottery pick, it must be a pretty weak draft. Holy cow.
Check any mock and count the guys you think will be high level nba players. It’s really bad.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:37 AM 03-22-2024
Check any mock and count the guys you think will be high level nba players. It’s really bad.
I just did check out a mock. Yep...pretty bad.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 300
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Up