ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 319
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d be down for that. Walker Little is probably a mid 2nd Rd pick at this point. He was mocked at 49 by Matt Miller in his most recent mock.

Ideally we can trade down, load up on more picks and get him
Ahhh there it is.

“Matt Miller has him going before 63, so that means he’s going before 63.”

Look, it’s entirely possible that he does, but 90% of the draft community has him going outside of the top 64 picks. Matt Miller having him going at 49 means absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:49 AM 03-20-2021
Totally off recent topic, but one guy I’d love to see in KC is Wayne Gallman. He was sneaky good for the Giants last season after Saquon went down averaging 4.6 yards per carry netting nearly 700 yards and 6 rushing tds, and he caught 20 balls. Dude has some size at over 6 feet and 215 lbs.
Gritty inside runner with some burst and a solid all-around back.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:04 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ahhh there it is.

“Matt Miller has him going before 63, so that means he’s going before 63.”

Look, it’s entirely possible that he does, but 90% of the draft community has him going outside of the top 64 picks. Matt Miller having him going at 49 means absolutely nothing.
The same draft community that had Mahomes a developmental QB not worth a first? :-)

Here’s the facts:

1.LT’s are not easy to find bc there aren’t many good ones.
2. LT’s with any quality go early in the draft bc it’s arguably the 2nd most important position on the team.
3. Players with the size, length, smarts and agility, especially at a position of strong need don’t last long.

Veach is not a sit back and wait GM. That would be Ballard. Veach has identified players at need positions time and time again and was aggressive to get them (Mahomes, Speaks, Hardman).

LT is obviously a huge need and I don’t expect him to sit on his hands while a brokedick like Okung is a ticking time bomb waiting to **** us over
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 03-20-2021
The same draft community that had Mahomes a developmental QB not worth a first? :-)

Here’s the facts:

1.LT’s are not easy to find bc there aren’t many good ones.
2. LT’s with any quality go early in the draft bc it’s arguably the 2nd most important position on the team.
3. Players with the size, length, smarts and agility, especially at a position of strong need don’t last long.

Veach is not a sit back and wait GM. That would be Ballard. Veach has identified players at need positions time and time again and was aggressive to get them (Mahomes, Speaks, Hardman).

LT is obviously a huge need and I don’t expect him to sit on his hands while a brokedick like Okung is a ticking timebomnb waiting to fuck us over
Most of the draft community had Mahomes going in the 1st round at this time regardless of what their actual grades were. So I don’t really see the point you’re trying to make.

You’re literally basing this off on guy’s mock and some kind of unwritten rule. You’re completely ignoring context regarding Little and the rest of the draft board.

Niang was a 1st round talent that we got in the late 3rd. Little is a very similar prospect aside from playing LT in college and this is an even deeper T class.

You mean to tell me that Walker Little is more than am entire round better? That’s horseshit. The guy is coming off a serious injury in 2019 and didn’t even play football in 2020 in a year where there’s no combine. He’s far from a lock to be gone at 63, and even at 49 that’s within 15 picks and we could easily trade up that far without giving up a ton and it would allow us to go DE or WR at 31.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:15 AM 03-20-2021
I’ve never been able to get past Matt Miller’s evaluation of Luke Joeckel in 2013.

Homeboy said he was Jonathan Ogden.

Anyone who can miss that evaluation THAT badly is someone I can’t take seriously.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ve never been able to get past Matt Miller’s evaluation of Luke Joeckel in 2013.

Homeboy said he was Jonathan Ogden.

Anyone who can miss that evaluation THAT badly is someone I can’t take seriously.
I actually like Matt Miller even though he has some really bad misses (Goff for example), but to think you know where somebody is going in the draft based on his 2nd round mock is fucking silly.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:28 AM 03-20-2021
I actually like Matt Miller even though he has some really bad misses (Goff for example), but to think you know where somebody is going in the draft based on his 2nd round mock is fucking silly.

I do, too.

But every time he comes up, especially on offensive line, I remember that he watched Joeckel and the best comparison he could think of was Jon Ogden - maybe the most physically imposing and gifted LT in the past 25 years.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:29 AM 03-20-2021
Most of the draft community had Mahomes going in the 1st round at this time regardless of what their actual grades were. So I don’t really see the point you’re trying to make.

You’re literally basing this off on guy’s mock and some kind of unwritten rule. You’re completely ignoring context regarding Little and the rest of the draft board.

Niang was a 1st round talent that we got in the late 3rd. Little is a very similar prospect aside from playing LT in college and this is an even deeper T class.

You mean to tell me that Walker Little is more than am entire round better? That’s horseshit. The guy is coming off a serious injury in 2019 and didn’t even play football in 2020 in a year where there’s no combine. He’s far from a lock to be gone at 63, and even at 49 that’s within 15 picks and we could easily trade up that far without giving up a ton and it would allow us to go DE or WR at 31.
There’s the difference. Niang was a RT prospect. Little is a LT. Gigantic difference. Everyone knows LT is far more valued, especially in the draft.

And the injuries are NOT the same. Little is fully recovered and can do physicals/full workouts for teams at any time. Niang was not able to do anything at the combine or draft season bc he was still recovering from his hip surgery. And that’s likely what made him fall
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 03-20-2021
If you can bring in guys like Okung, Ingram and Reynolds before the draft....then I could see them going OT, DE and WR in the first three rounds. Obviously not in that order.

If Reiter comes back then I could see them finding a guy in the 4th to 5th round range, like a Drake Jackson or Michael Menet, that could sit for most of the year and develop for next year.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 03-20-2021
There’s the difference. Niang was a RT prospect. Little is a LT. Gigantic difference. Everyone knows LT is far more valued, especially in the draft.

And the injuries are NOT the same. Little is fully recovered and can do physicals/full workouts for teams at any time. Niang was not able to do anything at the combine or draft season bc he was still recovering from his hip surgery. And that’s likely what made him fall
Umm Niang actually played football in 2019.

Little was completely out of football and played less football in 2019 as well.

Niang also wasn’t considered a RT only prospect, and I’ve acknowledged that Little played LT so there’s a difference there, but it’s not an entire fucking round difference.

But hey you know where everybody is going on draft day! You’re the expert! Just look at Ezra Cleveland who you claimed wouldn’t even be available at 32 and he went 26 picks later! “Top 20 pick any other year”, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:39 AM 03-20-2021
Fun fact:

Walker Little has played exactly 1 game in the last 2 years. Your read that right. 1 fucking game in 2 years. You have to go back to 2018 just to watch tape on the guy.

How the fuck could anybody claim to know that he’s going to be gone before the 63rd pick in a draft that’s absolutely loaded at T?

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 03-20-2021
Umm Niang actually played football in 2019.

Little was completely out of football and played less football in 2019 as well.

Niang also wasn’t considered a RT only prospect, and I’ve acknowledged that Little played LT so there’s a difference there, but it’s not an entire ****ing round difference.

But hey you know where everybody is going on draft day! You’re the expert! Just look at Ezra Cleveland who you claimed wouldn’t even be available at 32 and he went 26 picks later! “Top 20 pick any other year”, right?
Niang’s situation was common knowledge to people following him last spring and pretty common to any Chiefs fan once we drafted him and looked at his story:

Originally Posted by :
He still hadn’t allowed a sack since the start of his junior season, but he had surgery in early November with an eye on TCU’s pro day in March to prove what he could do with two healthy hips.

Niang never got the chance, with the COVID-19 pandemic shutting down the remainder of the pre-draft process. Now, in a deep class of offensive tackles, the lack of medical certainty with his hip might mean a substantial drop on the draft board for a road-grading right tackle who, in any other year, might’ve been a first-round pick.

But fair or not, several other options at the position are perceived to be safer picks. Niang finds himself in a battle of perception ahead of the draft, with little options other than to hope his game tape speaks for itself.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...lf%3f_amp=true
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 03-20-2021
JFC RunKC you aren’t telling me anything I’m not already aware of dude. The problem is you think the situation for Little is somehow significantly better.

Fun fact:

Walker Little has played exactly 1 game in the last 2 years. Your read that right. 1 fucking game in 2 years. You have to go back to 2018 just to watch tape on the guy.

How the fuck could anybody claim to know that he’s going to be gone before the 63rd pick in a draft that’s absolutely loaded at T?

:-)
Niang actually played several games in 2019. That’s the point I was trying to make. He has still played more college games in the last 2 years than Little has. I mean just think about that for 1 fucking second.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 03-20-2021
JFC RunKC you aren’t telling me anything I’m not already aware of dude. The problem is you think the situation for Little is somehow significantly better.

Niang actually played several games in 2019. That’s the point I was trying to make. He has still played more college games in the last 2 years than Little has. I mean just think about that for 1 ****ing second.
Lol do I need to draw pictures for you? Maybe color them?

Niang got fucked bc he had surgery and then covid happened. He wasn’t able to do anything at the combine but medicals. Then the country shut down and he couldn’t have a pro day, visit teams or anything in person. That lead to a false perception of fear.

Did I mention his hip injury is more worrisome than Little’s?

Walker Little just had a pro day. People saw him in person and know what he looks like.

This isn’t hard. Niang scared the shit out of GM’s bc they could never find anything out about him through the process. That’s completely different this year now that covid doesn’t have this country on complete lockdown.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:54 AM 03-20-2021
Lol do I need to draw pictures for you? Maybe color them?

Niang got fucked bc he had surgery and then covid happened. He wasn’t able to do anything at the combine but medicals. Then the country shut down and he couldn’t have a pro day, visit teams or anything in person. That lead to a false perception of fear.

Did I mention his hip injury is more worrisome than Little’s?

Walker Little just had a pro day. People saw him in person and know what he looks like.

This isn’t hard. Niang scared the shit out of GM’s bc they could never find anything out about him through the process. That’s completely different this year now that covid doesn’t have this country on complete lockdown.
You know what, you can go fuck yourself you dumb hard headed son of a bitch. It’s like you aren’t even acknowledging the point I’m trying to make.

Walker Little has played 1 fucking game of football since 2018. 1 fucking game.

You think a fucking Pro Day somehow changes that? Did he play football at his Pro Day?

I understand the difference in the injuries and the concerns there. I’m not saying Little is going to last as long as Niang. That’s not the fucking point and you keep disingenuously acting like it is.

Show me one fucking prospect in the history of the draft that played 1 game in the last 2 years before it yet went in the first 64 picks.

I’ll wait...
[Reply]
Page 278 of 319
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Up