ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 386
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327377 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:08 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I’ve liked the show even without source material up until episode 3 of this season. It’s apparent now that D&D just wanted to end this show and they didn’t care if they murdered the story to achieve that.
You’re going to hate the final books from grrm
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:23 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
It’s setting up to be a Jon vs. Dany pissing contest. Such a creative ending to a once great show.
We’ll see. Soooooooooooo often, what seems to be isn’t. I’d say there’s a chance she succumbs to the thoughts Jon is her better, it’s just taking a second She’s lived 18+ years thinking she’d be on the throne, now it’s been a couple weeks knowing the truth. Same with Jon. Not an easy pill to swallow fucking his aunt. But love finds a way, or Jon doesn’t want to leave dani with a bastard, etc etc
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:31 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
You’re going to hate the final books from grrm
If we get them at all.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:34 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If we get them at all.

If waiting two years makes some fans disappointed/disillusioned in the show, just imagine the hype to disappointment ratio for book fans....

At this point not getting the new books is the only possible way to appease the masses
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:04 AM 05-06-2019
Man...that was not good.

It looked like the actors were going through the motions...nothing felt organic or a natural plot flow.

REALLY disappointing...I had high hopes they would end this series blowing us away.

Problem is...it's not all of sudden going to get better. The writers arent being creative, the dialogue is stilted and forced. It doesn't even feel like the same show anymore..

Whatever...this is, now, a shit-show of unbelievable scenarios...haphazardly taped together and completely unconvincing.

I dont care who lives or wins...should have just had the Night King destroy everything.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:18 AM 05-06-2019
I can't believe people aren't talking about Dany opening a Starbucks to buy votes from the north.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:28 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I can't believe people aren't talking about Dany opening a Starbucks to buy votes from the north.
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:36 AM 05-06-2019
Starbucks is canon in the world of Game Of Thrones now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:54 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Starbucks is canon in the world of Game Of Thrones now.
Could you repeat the name on that last order?

[Reply]
SAGA45 05:32 AM 05-06-2019
You would think Dany would have armored those dragons by now. Perhaps that is what shocked Euron in the previews for next week
[Reply]
notorious 05:46 AM 05-06-2019
I think people are being too harsh. They’ve read the books, and a person’s interpretation/imagination is always going to be better than what’s on screen.

You don’t have that this season, so people have been writing their own storyline in their minds for a year and a half. When the visual medium doesn’t live up to the theories in their mind (which is impossible at this point) it gets crushed relentlessly like anything does now days.

I think season 7 is protecting the main characters too much. What makes GOT awesome is that nobody is safe. It hasn’t been like that for a while now. The writers are playing it safe, which doesn’t make it bad, but it also will kill the chance at being great like the past.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:01 AM 05-06-2019
If I had a time machine, endgame style, GRRM never gives up ASOIAF until he was finished with the series.

I think Seasons 7-8 showcase why this guy can’t finish the books. These endings feel like broad concepts. Season 6 worked so well because he set up Winds of Winter a lot like Storm of Swords, it was all payoff - which D&D are great at.

Seasons 7-8 required a lot of plotting that we ultimately never received. It took required rising actions and removed their second acts to accelerate to the end game. There have been great moments in Seasons 7-8, but they’ve removed a lot of the plotting that enriches the payoff of these moments - which Game of Thrones was brilliant at in the past.

Unless the ending does something unbelievably stupid (it was all a dream, Dany and Jon get a Disney ending, etc) it won’t ruin the show for me - and at the very least it’ll give this series an ending. Maybe one day we’ll see how GRRM gets there too, and maybe not.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:04 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

“A lot of the problem is that a lot of people don’t know how to tune their TVs properly to make coffee cups disappear.” #GameofThrones pic.twitter.com/Wo812mzzAv

— Tom & Lorenzo (@tomandlorenzo) May 6, 2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:09 AM 05-06-2019
Next week, Dany could destroy Kings Landing, Cersei die, her whole army destroyed and the good guys win the day and people would still bitch because it’s not the way they wanted it to happen. A few seasons ago we were all begging for this to happen and couldnt wait to see Cersei die, now were calling it a shitshow because Euron made an unrealistic dragon kill and we couldn’t see all the action in a nighttime action battle where fires were the only source of light. Entitled shits aren’t just for kids. You can’t judge an entire series by the last season not going the way you wanted, I mean you can, but your opinion is so based on recency bias and child foot-stomping tantrum that your thoughts and reviews belong on Metacritic user reviews rather than in meaningful, thoughtful conversation. Scrubs got bad around season 6 out of 9, but it’s still my favorite show of all time and I only watch the first five seasons if I watch it again. If the leaks are true then that’s a just ending and if you would’ve told me that’s how it ends seasons ago I would say, “Makes sense.”
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:22 AM 05-06-2019
Calling it now; Daenerys was pissed that Starbucks forgot the sugar and cream for her grande iced vanilla latte with soy milk, and she just couldn't let it go and seethed all the way to Kings Landing. That's how Euron caught her off guard.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 386
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327377 > Last »
Up