ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 276 of 379
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
Danguardace 06:09 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
So then why'd y'all lose to the Colts?
Surely you not picking out losses when you lost to the Falcons geez.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:34 AM 01-29-2020
Your oline is not better than the Saints, nor is anyone on your team close to Julio Jones or Michael Thomas. Cook, Kamara, Taysom Hill, Ginn... In terms of talent, the Saints are the best team in the league

No doubt Michael Thomas is a beast. Same with Julio. Saying Tyreek Hill is “not close” as a weapon is debatable. But even beyond, to all the weapons that follow? Chiefs have clear edges.

Kelce > Cook, Kelce > Hooper
Watkins > Ginn, Watkins > Ridley
Hardman/Robinson > Hill, Hardman/Robinson > Gage

Kamara/Murray would get the edge on Damien Williams, but He’s pretty even with Freeman at this point.

The Chiefs OL may not be better than the Saints, but it is just as good in pass protection.

The Saints have really good weapons, but the Chiefs TE and WR2-3 are clearly better.

You’re straying far from your “I want to have a good conversation and learn” intent and into troll territory, by the way.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:00 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No doubt Michael Thomas is a beast. Same with Julio. Saying Tyreek Hill is “not close” as a weapon is debatable. But even beyond, to all the weapons that follow? Chiefs have clear edges.

Kamara/Murray would get the edge on Damien Williams, but He’s pretty even with Freeman at this point.

The Chiefs OL may not be better than the Saints, but it is just as good in pass protection.

The Saints have really good weapons, but the Chiefs TE and WR2-3 are clearly better.

You’re straying far from your “I want to have a good conversation and learn” intent and into troll territory, by the way.
The Chiefs OL is almost identical to the Saints in pass protection, even though the Chiefs had several injuries throughout the year. The adjusted sack rates were only different by .2%, which might as well be equal.

Also, Matt Moore was sacked 7 total times against the Packers and Vikings. The Chiefs only averaged slightly over a sack per game on the year (25 total), so those games skewed it a bit. Moore took longer to make decisions and doesn’t have as quick of a release as Mahomes. Moore also isn’t as comfortable with the offense, which probably led to at least a couple sacks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:28 AM 01-29-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...k-49ers-chiefs

The tally: Chiefs have the advantage
Of 75 experts who weighed in, the Chiefs were favored by 48 of them (64%), while the 49ers claimed 27 votes (36%).

The most common predicted final score was 31-27, picked by eight of our experts. The lowest combined total was 37, chosen via a 20-17 final score. The highest combined score was 54-51 for a total of 105 points.

The Vegas line currently favors Kansas City by 1 point. ESPN's Football Power Index also likes the Chiefs (64.8%) by an average of 5 points.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:39 AM 01-29-2020
I’m really not buying the whole “49ers have the better roster, but Chiefs have the better QB” narrative. I think the rosters are a whole hell of a lot closer than most realize.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:40 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Yeah. “You’re going to get smoked” is pretty far from having a good conversation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 01-29-2020
Everyone's talking about the 49'ers front four.

We know what they are. They're damned good.

Nobody's talking about KC's front four. Just a week and a half ago, they shut down the unstoppable Derrick Henry. Frank Clark is in full-on rabid dog mode. Pennel, Nnadi, Saunders are a damned stout bunch of hungry pigs. Old man Suggs clearly has some left in the tank. Kpassgnon is has developed into a solid DE too. And that's all not even counting Chris Jones, who's the most talented DT not named Aaron Donald.

I think when this game is over, The Chiefs defense, and that front line will be a major storyline.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Everyone's talking about the 49'ers front four.

We know what they are. They're damned good.

Nobody's talking about KC's front four. Just a week and a half ago, they shut down the unstoppable Derrick Henry. Frank Clark is in full-on rabid dog mode. Pennel, Nnadi, Saunders are a damned stout bunch of hungry pigs. Old man Suggs clearly has some left in the tank. Kpassgnon is has developed into a solid DE too. And that's all not even counting Chris Jones, who's the most talented DT not named Aaron Donald.

I think when this game is over, The Chiefs defense, and that front line will be a major storyline.
Easily the most disrespected position group of the SB. Absolutely nobody is talking about them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:59 AM 01-29-2020
We were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the league.

We've crushed our two opponents from start to finish. We haven't trailed for a single second in the playoffs. Y'all were down 24 to a team that couldn't even make the playoffs in our division. And then you barely scraped by the Titans only being up 21-17 at the start of the 4th.

Yes, you're gonna get smoked. We're the vastly superior team
You realize you just spout all the same bullshit rationale that every other team's fans have every week since about week ten right?

And every week, The Chiefs win, usually it's not particularly close (even when we spotted Houston 24 points, we still beat them by 20.)

And you guys all disappear.

Which makes even talking to you pointless.

You're like the new guys walking point in Vietnam. Why even talk to you? You won't be here in a week.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m really not buying the whole “49ers have the better roster, but Chiefs have the better QB” narrative. I think the rosters are a whole hell of a lot closer than most realize.
I think it's a load of bullshit myself. Total and complete horseshit.

And that's going to show up Sunday.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:03 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Easily the most disrespected position group of the SB. Absolutely nobody is talking about them.
People are talking about them but it’s with a negative tone. Dilfer is an example of that. I hope they prove the doubters wrong!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
People are talking about them but it’s with a negative tone. Dilfer being an example of that.
Dilfer must've spent the last half of the season jerking off to Lamar Jackson highlights because he was NOT watching KC play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 01-29-2020
Patrick Mahomes has not lost by more than 7 points EVER.

This team has not been blown out for over 2 years.

The Chiefs are not going to get smoked. Silly.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:09 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Patrick Mahomes has not lost by more than 7 points EVER.

This team has not been blown out for over 2 years.

The Chiefs are not going to get smoked. Silly.
This team hasn't been blown out since that debacle primetime game against the Steelers early in the season in 2016.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:11 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It's like everyone has already forgotten that we have one of the best TE's in the league, a great WR corp, a good offensive line, and a defense that has been playing as well as any defense in the league since week 10. Oh and we have the best QB in the league.

The rosters are a lot closer than a lot of people would like to admit.
[Reply]
Page 276 of 379
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 > Last »
Up