ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2752 of 2752
« First < 1752225226522702274227482749275027512752
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pablo 10:22 AM Today
Guys are just running free everywhere and Pat can’t/wont hit them?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Imagine other fanbases with QBs like Minshew, Watson or Levis coming on here and seeing Chiefs fans bitch about Mahomes because he had a bad game in September (that he won) coming off B2B SBs.
It is just confusing. His last good regular season game was last November
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is not the news i wanted to read this morning
Why?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is not the news i wanted to read this morning
shut up doomer
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:50 AM Today
How dare we discuss a slumping player on a football message board that plays for team of said board!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
How dare we discuss a slumping player on a football message board that plays for team of said board!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We are gonna explode.

Like I said - we really didn't need the All-22 or Next Gen stats to tell us this.

Patrick's missing guys. A lot.

He did it for a spell last year and eventually figured it out.

He'll get it taken care of this year as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Imagine other fanbases with QBs like Minshew, Watson or Levis coming on here and seeing Chiefs fans bitch about Mahomes because he had a bad game in September (that he won) coming off B2B SBs.
Credit to Patrick (obviously).

When he struggles, he doesn't implode, with one notable exception.

His struggles are days when he doesn't win the game for you. He may even make things more difficult for you to win around him. But unlike the rest of the league, his worst games don't make winning impossible.

He gives you a punchers chance even when he's at his worst.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said - we really didn't need the All-22 or Next Gen stats to tell us this.

Patrick's missing guys. A lot.

He did it for a spell last year and eventually figured it out.

He'll get it taken care of this year as well.
Yep, seems like the last few years he goes through a stretch where he's seeing ghosts and running from pressure that doesn't exist.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Credit to Patrick (obviously).

When he struggles, he doesn't implode, with one notable exception.

His struggles are days when he doesn't win the game for you. He may even make things more difficult for you to win around him. But unlike the rest of the league, his worst games don't make winning impossible.

He gives you a punchers chance even when he's at his worst.
Chiefs offense has been rough, but they're still averaging 23 points per game when you exclude the Joe Burrow fumble TD play. I tend to think it will get better as the season goes along. Patrick will get more comfortable with these younger guys at LT, fix some of his footwork/mechanics stuff, more experience for Xavier Worthy, adding Kareem Hunt won't hurt, etc.

I'm looking straight at the Houston Texans right now. They have much better weapons, a much better LT situation, and easier opponents in these first 3 games. But Houston is averaging 18 points per game after a ton of hype for them in this off-season. They just put up one hell of a shitty 34-7 loss against Minnesota. Looked pretty flawed in their wins against the lousy Colts & Bears.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:16 AM Today
A [POWEDRE KIG

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes on teams covering TE Travis Kelce: Teams will soon have to adjust or WR Rashee Rice is going to have 2,000 yards. #ChiefsKingdom

— Rob Collins (@RobCollinsTV) September 25, 2024

[Reply]
Mahomes007 11:17 AM Today
I'm concerned about the inaccuracy and missing open guys. But more so, the interceptions. We've had to hold our breath fearing that his next throw could be an INT. Someone like Brady improved remarkably thru his career and then maintained a strong TD:INT ratio throughout his 30s and 40s.

Based on analyzing his career and play, I worry that Mahomes' regression with regards to INT's has potential to be his new norm.

I miss those days, year in and year out, with expectation of his regular game being 300 plus yards and 2 or 3 TD's.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mahomes007:
I'm concerned about the inaccuracy and missing open guys. But more so, the interceptions. We've had to hold our breath fearing that his next throw could be an INT. Someone like Brady improved remarkably thru his career and then maintained a strong TD:INT ratio throughout his 30s and 40s.

Based on analyzing his career and play, I worry that Mahomes' regression with regards to INT's has potential to be his new norm.

I miss those days, year in and year out, with expectation of his regular game being 300 plus yards and 2 or 3 TD's.
I want him to throw fewer INT's as well. I think he will be more comfortable when we get later into this season. They are basically giving him a new Left Tackle every year, which is not a great approach if you want a consistent offense. I hope Morris or Kingsley will become a long-term option instead of the constant Band-Aids at this position.
[Reply]
Page 2752 of 2752
« First < 1752225226522702274227482749275027512752
Up