ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 319
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:45 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Ravens are trying to get a WR. Chiefs are trying to get a LT.

What about Hardman and a 5th for Brown?

Frees us up to move around and find a WR or two in the draft.
If they would take that combo you would do it so fast it is not even funny. It would be a good trade to give them 31 and Hardman for Brown.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:46 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Take that up with the tweeter. I'm just reading what he said.
You are pushing the same narrative. He is doing it because of his agenda, trying to get more clicks and follows. What is yours? Being a dumbass?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:46 PM 03-19-2021
Do you think the Thuney signing offsets having Shwartz and Fisher starting like we had in 2020?
The offseason isn’t fucking done yet.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You are pushing the same narrative. He is doing it because of his agenda, trying to get more clicks and follows. What is yours? Being a dumbass?
Being the contrarian faggot that he is.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:47 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Who gives a **** about what some turd cutter with 8,000 followers has to say about the Chiefs roster, 4 days into Free Agency?

The Chiefs won 10 games without Schwartz and as much as it would've been nice to have him on the squad for all 19 games, the Chiefs went to the Super Bowl without him.

If the Chiefs land a nice receiver and capable Left Tackle, whether in the draft or Free Agency, there will be no doubt in my mind that the 2021 Chiefs are better "on paper" than the 2020 squad due to the huge upgrades in the interior offensive line.

And any productive receiver that can stay healthy for 17-20 games will be an automatic upgrade from Sammy Watkins.
DE is a problem area. Okafor sucked and Taco is not a starter. Need to fix that hopefully with a vet
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:48 PM 03-19-2021
Sean Culkin posted that tweet hinting that he may want Okung here. I bet he’s heard they are talking to him.

I personally think he’s the best scheme fit, ready to play LT left and honestly was the best fit after Trent Williams signed.
[Reply]
-King- 04:48 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I read what the tweet said. It’s still dumb to use Schwartz as a comparison.

Schwartz was a non-factor in the 2020 season. I don’t care what the team looked like “on paper” going into it.
I agree. Injury really fucked him over. Good thing the Oline players we might be counting on next year have such great health histories.
[Reply]
-King- 04:50 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How is it a narrative? Comparing rosters and judging FA pickups is what people do. For example our good pal Staylor thought Dolphins were having a terrible free agency. Is that a narrative he was trying to push? Or just an opinion?
[Reply]
-King- 04:52 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The offseason isn’t fucking done yet.
Hence the "barring significant trade" disclaimer.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:52 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Ravens are trying to get a WR. Chiefs are trying to get a LT.

What about Hardman and a 5th for Brown?

Frees us up to move around and find a WR or two in the draft.
You all are so quick to give up on a guy with 14 career tds for a wannabe LT
[Reply]
mkp785 04:52 PM 03-19-2021
Do you think the Thuney signing offsets having Shwartz and Fisher starting like we had in 2020?
As a player vs player comparison, Thuney is better at his job then Fisher is at his. That said, we still need another LT. We still have the draft and a possible Okung move. Prince Tego has a ton of talent too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:52 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
DE is a problem area. Okafor sucked and Taco is not a starter. Need to fix that hopefully with a vet
Sure, it would be nice if they can either sign or draft a DE.

But the Tweet said the team wouldn't been better in Week 1, which is ridiculous, especially considering they had issues all last season with the DE opposite Clark.

Veach still has plenty of time in Free Agency, the upcoming draft (8 selections) while adding guys through waivers during and after Training Camp as well.

It was just a dumb, ill-informed tweet by a guy trying to drive traffic.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:54 PM 03-19-2021
I agree. Injury really fucked him over. Good thing the Oline players we might be counting on next year have such great health histories.
Good thing we’re also focused on building depth and preparing for the possibility that guys get injured.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:55 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t like the Brown scheme fit personally. I think he needs to be in an offense where the defense anticipates the run, and he can lean on bodies.

If you’ll recall in the KC game, when they HAVE to throw, his play seems to drop off some. He’s not a pure drop back pass blocker. When guys can tee off, the lack of athleticism shows.
Best explanation I've seen yet... you can't drop him back 40 times a game, he's more masher than ballerina
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:58 PM 03-19-2021
There's a lot of time and a lot of moves left to be made.

The Chiefs' line on opening day 2021 is going to have some questions about it, unless Veach has a big trade up his sleeve (always possible).

But who gives a fuck?

That line is going to be better at LG than it was throughout 2020. It's going to be no worse at C. It's going to be better at RG (with a lot more upside). At RT, at worst it's going to have a player who played well enough at RT to have a top 10 win rate as a run blocker and a pass blocker, both. If Niang beats out Remmers, it is going to be better at RT than it was for the stretch run of 2020.

So yes, LT is a question. They have to address it. They missed on the best available option to do so, but the other FA options are pretty slim. Upgrading beyond that plan A is going to come down to the draft pick they're able to make, or a trade they're able to make.

The timing of Fisher's injury put them in a tough spot. There's more than one way to respond to it.

People need to chill and see what happens in this second tier of FA. The Chiefs are positioned to take advantage of it.
[Reply]
Page 274 of 319
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up