ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 273 of 328
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:34 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:
Getting anything for a backup that's making 2M and is a pending free agent is impressive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:08 PM 08-31-2018
Butera will always have a spot on my wall -- in my framed copy of the KC Star front page, the pic of him hugging Wade Davis after the final out of the 2015 World Series.

Glad to see the Cam Gallagher era begin. Also supposedly the Royals will call up Viloria in September. I'd like to see him catch a few innings.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:09 PM 08-31-2018
Looks like they got a decent AAA reliever.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:14 PM 08-31-2018
I should add that Butera also had one of the biggest at-bats in Royals history. I've always said that if I ever ran into him, that would be the first thing I would thank him for.
[Reply]
tk13 12:15 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Butera will always have a spot on my wall -- in my framed copy of the KC Star front page, the pic of him hugging Wade Davis after the final out of the 2015 World Series.

Glad to see the Cam Gallagher era begin. Also supposedly the Royals will call up Viloria in September. I'd like to see him catch a few innings.
I think that will always be everyone's memory of him.

Although I will say he took a big walk in the 8th inning comeback against the Astros in game 4. Kept the inning alive, allowed us to take the lead and bring in Wade to shut the door. That was huge.
[Reply]
Bufkin 12:19 PM 08-31-2018
Butera certainly had his shining moments, but was otherwise a terrible catcher with horrid offensive statistics and subpar defensive numbers. The fact that the Royals traded 2 months of that for an alright minor league reliever is highway robbery on DM’s end.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:32 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think that will always be everyone's memory of him.

Although I will say he took a big walk in the 8th inning comeback against the Astros in game 4. Kept the inning alive, allowed us to take the lead and bring in Wade to shut the door. That was huge.
THAT was huge, and I would say that was his greatest contribution to a team that was facing elimination. Big ups to The Hair-flip!
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:21 PM 08-31-2018
Facebook fans are the dumbest of the dumb. They literally have no clue about the sport. People bitching about us getting rid of all the good players lol. Someone was bitching because we keep trading Major Leaguers for Minor Leaguers. Just so fucking ignorant it makes my head hurt.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:24 PM 08-31-2018
Don't look now but Nick Pratto is starting not to suck. Hitting .273, 12 HR, .761 OPS. Still don't understand why a guy that is an above-average athlete wants to play 1B, but whatever. Apparently has a 60 scouting grade arm, and could be a pitcher if he wanted. Guess he can't play 3B since he's LH.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:35 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Don't look now but Nick Pratto is starting not to suck. Hitting .273, 12 HR, .761 OPS. Still don't understand why a guy that is an above-average athlete wants to play 1B, but whatever. Apparently has a 60 scouting grade arm, and could be a pitcher if he wanted. Guess he can't play 3B since he's LH.
Dn, that'd be nice if he started picking it up. We need a 1B.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:45 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Facebook fans are the dumbest of the dumb. They literally have no clue about the sport. People bitching about us getting rid of all the good players lol. Someone was bitching because we keep trading Major Leaguers for Minor Leaguers. Just so fucking ignorant it makes my head hurt.
Some dude on Twitter was so mad he won't watch the Royals till they get a new gm. Trading Butera was the last straw!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:08 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I mentioned a week or so ago that he was picking it up since the minor league ASB and May have had something click.

He is .310/.388/.482 since then over 225 ABs. It’s driven mostly by his very hot August.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:18 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Some dude on Twitter was so mad he won't watch the Royals till they get a new gm. Trading Butera was the last straw!
You found OK's twitter account.

May god have mercy on your soul.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:20 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Looks like they got a decent AAA reliever.
I looked up Vasto. He's had one appearance in an MLB game, and he gave up 3 ERs in only two outs of an inning. That's all he played.

Probably still too young, and I'm certainly not complaining. We weren't going to re-sign Butera anyway (or at least we shouldn't have bothered) so it's definitely a great trade to get anybody for Butera this late.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:25 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
They've only been fans since 2014, so whatever.
[Reply]
Page 273 of 328
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Up