ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2701 of 2704
« First < 1701220126012651269126972698269927002701 270227032704 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:05 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well cause he didn't have Bill Walsh and the league had caught up to the system by then, half the fucking league ran it at 1 point.
You cannot be fucking serious. The 49er system only improved after Walsh left due to Mike Shanahan's input.

Six fucking touchdowns in the SB. But muh league caught up!

Sure, idiot. That's why the 49ers got their ass kicked in the mid 80s by the Giants. Because the league had not caught up yet.

Moron.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 06-25-2024
I always enjoy when dude can't handle having his opinion questioned.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 PM 06-25-2024
I always enjoy when dude can't handle having his opinion questioned.
These are not opinions. These are FACTS.

Matt Ryan has better career stats than Joe Montana. Doesn't mean shit.

If Matt Ryan had played in the 80s he would have been a second-rate fucking dork.

Steve Young was a choker.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:16 PM 06-25-2024
1990 was peak Joe Montana.

3,944 yards, 26 TDs, 16 INTs.

Not nearly as good as 1990 Warren Moon, and on par with 1990 Jim Everett.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:16 PM 06-25-2024
Has there ever been an elite QB that takes sacks?

Mahomes doesn't take sacks.
Brady doesn't take many sacks.
Peyton didn't take sacks.
Montana didn't take sacks.

Many super athletic QBs take sacks. I believe it just has to do with reading defenses combined with pocket presence. No matter how bad our line is Mahomes just doesn't take sacks.

Burrow takes sacks. Maybe that is why he won't ever be great. Josh Allen is mediocre at it. Russell Wilsom takes a TONNN of sacks. Stroud was actually not great last year in taking sacks so he may actually be due a regression.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:18 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
These are not opinions. These are FACTS.

Matt Ryan has better career stats than Joe Montana. Doesn't mean shit.

If Matt Ryan had played in the 80s he would have been a second-rate fucking dork.

Steve Young was a choker.
You bringing up Matt Ryan is a bit amusing...

Young was a 2 time MVP and honestly he was the best QB if the 90s if you go compare him to everyone else, his rating is 10+ points higher than everyone else. His advanced stats take him even further out away from them...

Led the league in rating 6 times, which is a record
Complete pecentage 5 times
YPA 5 times

He was also a better athlete and more durable, so to be like oh this dude was a choker is a bit much.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:19 PM 06-25-2024
A bunch of dumb idiots keep posting nonsense.

Steve Young had a lot of empty stats, and only one of these because he played on a super team and was a FUCKING CHOKER.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:20 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A bunch of dumb idiots keep posting nonsense.

Steve Young had a lot of empty stats, and only one of these because he played on a super team and was a FUCKING CHOKER.

Look at how lame those rings are compared to Mahomes' rings. SMH
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 06-25-2024
Montana also played in a revolutionary system that defenses were not ready for at the time.

In a lot of ways Montana was the epitome of the ultimate system QB. Not to take anything away from Montana as he was a high end player but the success of the 49ers speaks more to the brilliance of Bill Walsh than anything.
Eh - Montana's processing was otherworldly.

That guy knew where everyone was at all times. And has fantastic downfield accuracy even if he didn't have the most zip (remember though, young Montana didn't have a popgun by any means).

I don't disagree with the idea that he was a system QB - he was very similar to Brees in that regard. He wouldn't have been as successful in every system as he was in Walsh's system. By the same token, nobody else would've had the success Montana had in that system.

He was a maestro in that offense and his grasp of it, along with his precision, should not be understated.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:23 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
I agree but you could at least actually wear the thing. You can't really wear the modern ones.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:25 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Looks like he got them out of a coin-op bubble gum machine.

That's what he deserves, given the plethora of hall of fame teammates, no salary cap, and no free agency.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:27 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I didn't put Brady above Montana until he got to 6. Montana was better, Brady got him on longevity.
And if Brady took the kind of punishment that Montana took, he wouldn't have played that long.

Some of the hits Montana took are truly remarkable (and BTW - Walsh's system exposed him to some of those, before we suck off Walsh too terribly much).

The Walsh system wasn't an unknown. Teams had tried similar concepts. I mean look at the Air Coryell system of the late 70s and early 80s. Another passing based system but designed to stretch teams vertically rather than horizontally. Teams weren't running it because it was getting guys crushed (and few QBs could run it). Same with Walsh and the WCO - it wasn't as though teams didn't recognize the value of spacing and the forward pass. They just didn't want to get their guys murdered out there.

Walsh was a little more morally casual in that regard. And it shows even today in Montana's gait and posture. Walsh got Montana destroyed on many occasions.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:30 PM 06-25-2024
You bringing up Matt Ryan is a bit amusing...

Young was a 2 time MVP and honestly he was the best QB if the 90s if you go compare him to everyone else, his rating is 10+ points higher than everyone else. His advanced stats take him even further out away from them...

Led the league in rating 6 times, which is a record
Complete pecentage 5 times
YPA 5 times

He was also a better athlete and more durable, so to be like oh this dude was a choker is a bit much.
Sounds a lot like Rodgers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
1990 was peak Joe Montana.

3,944 yards, 26 TDs, 16 INTs.

Not nearly as good as 1990 Warren Moon, and on par with 1990 Jim Everett.
So I'd like you to repeat that a few times - with feeling.

"Jim Everett was equal to peak Joe Montana. Peak Joe Montana was no better than Jim Everett"

Go ahead and make that point again for the record because I'd like you to really drive it home.

"Joe Montana was maybe, at his best, slightly better than Jim Everett"

And then tell me more about how the stats tell the story...
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - Montana's processing was otherworldly.

That guy knew where everyone was at all times. And has fantastic downfield accuracy even if he didn't have the most zip (remember though, young Montana didn't have a popgun by any means).

I don't disagree with the idea that he was a system QB - he was very similar to Brees in that regard. He wouldn't have been as successful in every system as he was in Walsh's system. By the same token, nobody else would've had the success Montana had in that system.

He was a maestro in that offense and his grasp of it, along with his precision, should not be understated.
Brees and Montana is a solid comparison for what they were in their systems.
[Reply]
Page 2701 of 2704
« First < 1701220126012651269126972698269927002701 270227032704 >
Up