ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 3903
« First < 170220260266267268269270 2712722732742803203707701270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 10:57 AM 03-15-2020
Germany only shows 2 in serious/critical, even though they have over 5K active cases. This value does seem pretty suspect.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:58 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I would hope that we make steps before hospitals are at 200 percent capacity. Can you imagine what that would look like?
Yeah, I could have typed that differently.... my train of thought was that's the "oh fuck" moment for those countries not realizing how bad it was going to get and then taking swift and drastic measures.

Looks like Italy went from ~3000 cases the first week of March to lock down on 3/8 and 10,000 cases on 3/10... so, when is that tipping point before taking such extreme measures and how long is it taking hospitals to go from current capacity to 200%+.

We're obviously learning from it by cancelling a ton of non-essential stuff first, plus more drastic steps like cancelling school.... so, if nothing else, hopefully it's slowing down the timeline so we don't get to a point of realizing we're fucked after we're already fucked.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:59 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yet everyone is freaking out, it's really stupid how people react to everything now.
The animal in man is showing. We can hide from many things we cannot hide from this.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:59 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
WTF is wrong with people? Stealing crucial supply's from hospitals?:-)
Simple really. Human beings resort to self preservation when incited into a panic from fear mongering, like you and others have done throughout this thread.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:01 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Germany only shows 2 in serious/critical, even though they have over 5K active cases. This value does seem pretty suspect.

I think critical is pretty subjective so it’s probably hard to really get a consistent number, plus reporting such a number seems like a secondary task as it happens but the other non subjective values have been consistent and appear accurate for all countries.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 03-15-2020
If anyone has Comcast they are suspending their data cap for the next 2 months, if you pay to be uncapped you have to call and cancel that or you'll still be charged, just had to do this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If anyone has Comcast they are suspending their data cap for the next 2 months, if you pay to be uncapped you have to call and cancel that or you'll still be charged, just had to do this.
And then have to deal with them not screwing up adding it back on again? No thanks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:15 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Simple really. Human beings resort to self preservation when incited into a panic from fear mongering, like you and others have done throughout this thread.
Do you have any experience in epidemiology, public health, infectious disease, hospital administration, pharmacology, or differential diagnosis?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then have to deal with them not screwing up adding it back on again? No thanks.
You just have to call in May and have it put back, it's probably worth it to save 100 bucks.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:20 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I think most people here have simply stated facts. That's not fear mongering. Whether someone panics or not because of these facts is up to them.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:22 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
A lot of people are focusing on Germany’s other reported deaths atm. I haven’t seen the data myself, but some are questioning/bringing attention to deaths they attributed to pneumonia and cancer and asking if other counties would have labeled these deaths due to COVID-19.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:28 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do you have any experience in epidemiology, public health, infectious disease, hospital administration, pharmacology, or differential diagnosis?
Nope. Don't need one to know this is being blown totally out of proportion.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I think most people here have simply stated facts. That's not fear mongering. Whether someone panics or not because of these facts is up to them.
I said previously that we only had 10K ventilators in reserve. Dr. Fauci said on the Sunday morning TV shows it’s at 12K now. Hospital ICU’s are at 80% capacity with just “normal ICU” cases. A very small % with the coronavirus. He said Italy’s doctors are deciding who gets a ventilator and who doesn’t.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:29 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I respectfully disagree. Guess it depends on what you yourself determines what "facts" are.
[Reply]
Donger 11:29 AM 03-15-2020
What is the "normal" ICU % capacity during flu season?
[Reply]
Page 270 of 3903
« First < 170220260266267268269270 2712722732742803203707701270 > Last »
Up