ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 06:29 AM 03-23-2024
The return no doubt sucks, but I'm already over it. There's absolutely no positives about the trade itself, but at least we have some resolution on the 2nd big domino, and now we can see the rest of their plan.

I bet they are planning on trading their 2025 2nd rounder to move up for a LT or WR.
[Reply]
-King- 06:29 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Dumb question, do we get a comp pick for Sneed as well?
Lol no.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:34 AM 03-23-2024
Sigh. It is what it is. Ya can't keep everybody. In the end, Veach has earned a long leash...but it sucks to see Sneed go, and especially since we got Jack and Shit for him this year.

But, he's only one player, and you can't keep everyone. Find another good to great corner in later rounds and this all becomes a faded memory.

Good luck LJ...we're gonna miss ya...
[Reply]
Brooklyn 06:38 AM 03-23-2024
Chiefs weren’t paying any one single player $19M. They weren’t beating the jets contract for Smith, and that’s a terrible risky deal anyway. Miss me with the he only cost about $7M. That’s if he doesn’t hardly play bay games. You don’t sign a value contract and then hope the player is injured or on the bench. You pay someone you expect to be there the whole season - I.e.: up to $20M. Literally no other left tackles were signed yet besides Cornelius Lucas who resigned with his own team?

Having that cap space available early in free agency may have been semi useful, but they have similar sum of all parts guys still on the market. It’s not a calamity.

I rather have the 2025 3rd than a 2024 4th.

If you can sensibly rule out non-factors of them willing to pay him $19M or him to even play on the tag, what’s left? Who did we not sign in the first few waves of free agency that you wanted?

Austin Ekeler? Maybe would have liked that, also possible he just hates the Chiefs and doesn’t want to do a Niel Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:48 AM 03-23-2024
frees up enough cap space to sign Tradavious White or Xavien Howard and possibly Donovan Smith
[Reply]
DJay23 06:48 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:

Having that cap space available early in free agency may have been semi useful, but they have similar sum of all parts guys still on the market. It’s not a calamity.

We'll never know if Hollywood was the number one WR option to the Chiefs or not. BUT, passing on/getting outbid for Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Darnell Mooney, etc to get Hollywood at such a bargain price was HUGE. The X and O people seem to think Hollywood was the best fit anyway (of course saying this after the fact).

There are still plenty of guys on the market to fill the needs that are still there. Still need a backup QB, Back Up/3rd Down Back, Defensive End, and Left Tackle. They have cap space and the draft now to address those.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:54 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They decided they weren't paying him awhile ago, his year is why they didn't just walk.

I don't disagree with you but they had decided Sneed wasn't coming back a long time ago.
^this^ This trade tells me they were never keeping Sneed if they didn't get a 3rd next year in any trade, they would have rescinded the tag and let him walk. I don't think there is any free agent that's been signed that we "missed out on" because of this trade. So bottom line, they were never going to pay Sneed $19.8m this year. They tagged him and with this trade gives them a for sure 3rd next year and not at the bottom of the round. Titans also have the 1st, 7th and 22nd pick in the 7th round, and the Chiefs have 32. It will be interesting to see which 7th we get.

Again... Chiefs feel good about their DB room and were never going to spend $19.8m on Sneed. This therefore make sense and the compensation makes sense. It's less than I would have liked, but it a whole lot better than "maybe a comp pick". We have $19.8m extra in cap space to make this team better. I loved Sneed, but unfortunately this is how Dynasties have to operate and keep the best 22 on the field, not just the best CB.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:59 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:

Again... Chiefs feel good about their DB room and were never going to spend $19.8m on Sneed. This therefore make sense and the compensation makes sense. It's less than I would have liked, but it a whole lot better than "maybe a comp pick". We have $19.8m extra in cap space to make this team better. I loved Sneed, but unfortunately this is how Dynasties have to operate and keep the best 22 on the field, not just the best CB.
The one good thing is if this was all we were ever going to get I prefer a 3rd next year over this year. I'd like to build up as many 2025 draft picks as possible...
[Reply]
Rausch 07:02 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The return no doubt sucks, but I'm already over it. There's absolutely no positives about the trade itself, but at least we have some resolution on the 2nd big domino, and now we can see the rest of their plan.

I bet they are planning on trading their 2025 2nd rounder to move up for a LT or WR.
The one positive is that Sneed didn't go to a playoff team or division rival.

There is a 0% chance the Titans make the playoffs and this move comes back to bite us.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:03 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Other teams know that Clark is cheap, won’t pay his players. The tag on Sneed was a mirage because he was never going to pay him, not even for a year. Result - shit comp.

Are you retarded... Clark pays to the cap (plus) each and every year. You should really look at how the NFL compensation salary Cap works...
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:04 AM 03-23-2024
The Chiefs didn't want Sneed at $20 million *and* wanted to reward him for past contributions. It is what it is. The Chiefs assumed teams would be willing to compete for Sneed, even though they knew the Chiefs couldn't really afford to keep him. For whatever reason, it didn't happen.

It's clear to me that we have plans for the money.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:04 AM 03-23-2024
Their probably wasn’t as many teams interested in trading and signing him to that type of contract than we though maybe , we need to fill out a few other spots and sign our draft class .
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:06 AM 03-23-2024
Bad compensation. But it’s still better than having Sneed decide to hold out in July.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:07 AM 03-23-2024
Every report was shit. KC doesn't mind paying the tag? That was bs like all the other reports.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:07 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s not just that. I think the entire league will not make fair market deals with KC at this point. It puts handcuffs on the Chiefs every year. KC is forced to let guys walk or give them away for joke level compensation.
Fuck that... Maybe divisional rivals. Sneed was a perfect fit for Detroit who had picks and cap to make the trade. I highly doubt Detroit was thinking, "shit, we can't trade with the Chiefs, we may give them something that will beat us in the first Superbowl we would ever play." No one wanted to pay Sneed the average of $20m per, with over $50m Guaranteed and give up a 2nd.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up