ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 72
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:18 PM 01-14-2021
Jets hired the SF DC.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
There you go letting those "fact" things get in the way of a good story.

After his playing career:

...Bieniemy returned to Colorado to complete his degree and was the running backs coach for the Buffaloes from 2001 to 2002 and was UCLA running back coach from 2003 to 2005, as well as the team's recruiting coordinator in 2005.

After a stint with the Vikings (when AP was destroying worlds)

....December 2, 2010, Bieniemy returned to Colorado as offensive coordinator under new head coach Jon Embree. In 2020, Bieniemy was offered the head coach position at Colorado but declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy?wprov=sfla1

EB has issues-like almost anyone but no worse than someone like Fat Patricia.
I’ve already said that I meant OC dumbass.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:50 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We’re talking about a current trend and you choose to bring up coaches that were hired 10+ years ago? This makes no sense and you have clearly missed the point entirely.

McVay might not have ever been a QB coach, but he WAS a play caller with experience at OC and has always worked within the passing game. He clearly knows how to coach and work with QB’s either way. His hiring and success, along with Reid/Mahomes was the beginning or early stages of it really taking off. After 2018, that’s when it really started to become trendy.

I mean just look at the majority of recent HC hires.

Zach Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Lafleur, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase etc.

Now this year the hottest names are guys like Daboll, Brady, Smith, etc.

You have to be blind not to see the trend. It doesn’t mean everybody is looking for that guy, or only looking for that guy. It’s just the prototype of the modern NFL.

Kafka even seems just as, or more, likely to get a job than Bieniemy this year or next. Is it because he’s white or because he fits the new prototype?

It’s a passing league that is QB driven. This isn’t rocket science.

If you have a guy like Reid or McVay as your HC, you never have to worry about your offense falling apart because your OC gets a HC job. If you hire EB, you still need a guy with more experience in the passing game and working with QB’s. If that guy is any good, he’s gone in 2-3 years max. Then you’re back looking for another. You’re also more likely to be able to keep a DC around for a while than an OC.

It blows my mind how difficult this is for some of you to grasp. CP has always understood the importance of a QB, but somehow you don’t understand the importance of the guy coaching and developing them? Even after seeing what Reid has done for Mahomes?
You still need a guy with more experience in the passing game? You mean like a QB coach?

And I don’t buy that for a second. Andy Reid was a QB coach for two years. That’s it. Before then he was coaching fat guys and TEs his entire career. Where/when the hell did he learn to coach QBs? He obviously picked it up somewhere.

Andy wouldn’t have picked him as OC if he thought EB needed his hand held when it came to the passing game. I doubt Mahomes would be as fired up for his coach and pimp him to his buddy Deshaun if EB needed his hand held.

This is a pretty simplistic argument you’re making.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I think it's more about the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options. All of a sudden adding guys like bieniemy and Frazier to their list is all weak theatre.
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 PM 01-14-2021
It’s more likely that Daboll gets the Chargers job...
That's pure speculation. Daboll has ties to the guys in Houston.

Patriot Way.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's pure speculation. Daboll has ties to the guys in Houston.

Patriot Way.
He also went to high school with Telesco. Given the mess with Watson, I think it’s a safe assumption which is the more attractive job.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You still need a guy with more experience in the passing game? You mean like a QB coach?

And I don’t buy that for a second. Andy Reid was a QB coach for two years. That’s it. Before then he was coaching fat guys and TEs his entire career. Where/when the hell did he learn to coach QBs? He obviously picked it up somewhere.

Andy wouldn’t have picked him as OC if he thought EB needed his hand held when it came to the passing game. I doubt Mahomes would be as fired up for his coach and pimp him to his buddy Deshaun if EB needed his hand held.

This is a pretty simplistic argument you’re making.
Dude, I’m not talking about Andy when he was hired. I don’t know why you guys are bringing up old examples. They’re irrelevant. I’m talking about Andy Reid today and how he’s perceived as a QB guru. I’m talking about a current trend in a copycat league.

If you can’t see this obvious pattern that I’m pointing to in today’s NFL, I honestly don’t know what else to say.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
EB has issues-like almost anyone but no worse than someone like Fat Patricia.
Yeah, his issues are worse than Patricia's.

All personal conduct issues aside, there were allegations of rape by kids that were under his charge. That shows a lack of leadership and control.

If you think NFL teams don't care about stuff like that, I got news for you.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 PM 01-14-2021
Bienemy isn't getting a job...

Saleh and Meyer take 2 jobs. Then we'll get Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, Brandon Staley and Brian Daboll getting jobs..
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Um, EB doesn't coordinate the passing game. He's always been responsible for the running game. That's pretty well known. Andy calls most of the plays, as well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:08 PM 01-14-2021
We’re talking about a current trend and you choose to bring up coaches that were hired 10+ years ago? This makes no sense and you have clearly missed the point entirely.

McVay might not have ever been a QB coach, but he WAS a play caller with experience at OC and has always worked within the passing game. He clearly knows how to coach and work with QB’s either way. His hiring and success, along with Reid/Mahomes was the beginning or early stages of it really taking off. After 2018, that’s when it really started to become trendy.

I mean just look at the majority of recent HC hires.

Zach Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Lafleur, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase etc.

Now this year the hottest names are guys like Daboll, Brady, Smith, etc.

You have to be blind not to see the trend. It doesn’t mean everybody is looking for that guy, or only looking for that guy. It’s just the prototype of the modern NFL.

Kafka even seems just as, or more, likely to get a job than Bieniemy this year or next. Is it because he’s white or because he fits the new prototype?

It’s a passing league that is QB driven. This isn’t rocket science.

If you have a guy like Reid or McVay as your HC, you never have to worry about your offense falling apart because your OC gets a HC job. If you hire EB, you still need a guy with more experience in the passing game and working with QB’s. If that guy is any good, he’s gone in 2-3 years max. Then you’re back looking for another. You’re also more likely to be able to keep a DC around for a while than an OC.

It blows my mind how difficult this is for some of you to grasp. CP has always understood the importance of a QB, but somehow you don’t understand the importance of the guy coaching and developing them? Even after seeing what Reid has done for Mahomes?
Mahomes is the guy pounding the table for his friends to take a shot at bieniemy. Andy Reid isn't hiring a glorified RBs coach to be his OC. These guys know a thing or two about offense. And by the way, that's a generous stretch that Stefanski, Shanahan, and Lafleur were hired because of their QB history. They were brought in because they had innovative blocking schemes. Now, I get if people are hung up on bieniemys personality as an interview. But anyone trying to act like the dude doesn't know offense... Just stop.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Um, EB doesn't coordinate the passing game. He's always been responsible for the running game. That's pretty well known. Andy calls most of the plays, as well.
It probably didn’t help EB that Kafka was officially given the “passing game coordinator” title this year.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:12 PM 01-14-2021
I’d think if the league wants its desired effect, the team hiring a black head coach would get some kind of benefit, as well as the team losing the coach to the promotion.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:13 PM 01-14-2021
I’ve already said that I meant OC dumbass.
You're still wrong. A simple search shows that while the Buffs were shit during the 2010s- it wasn't the offenses fault. EB had limited time there before we scooped him up but his side produced.

I still think he gets a job this time. NYJ hiring the San Fran guy makes that Detroit job wide open for EB.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Mahomes is the guy pounding the table for his friends to take a shot at bieniemy. Andy Reid isn't hiring a glorified RBs coach to be his OC. These guys know a thing or two about offense. And by the way, that's a generous stretch that Stefanski, Shanahan, and Lafleur were hired because of their QB history. They were brought in because they had innovative blocking schemes. Now, I get if people are hung up on bieniemys personality as an interview. But anyone trying to act like the dude doesn't know offense... Just stop.
I didn’t say that those guys specifically were hired for that reason, but there wasn’t a concern due to a lack of experience in the passing game. They were OC’s that were in charge of the entire offense.

I didn’t say Bieniemy doesn’t know offense, but his specialty is RB’s. I have zero reason to believe he can go and be in charge of an offense, call plays, and develop QB’s as a HC.

Some of you might think he can, and that’s fine, but I understand why he isn’t viewed as highly as guys like Brady and Daboll.

I personally think EB is a phenomenal assistant coach, and in a good situation with the right OC/DC hires I could easily see him being successful.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 72
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up