ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

RustShack 12:31 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ive never said the Chiefs are trying to lowball him. I actually think the Chiefs and Jones haven't been talking because the Chiefs know what it takes and don't want to disrespect him by lowballing him, but they didn't know exactly how Pats contract would go I said he wont sign a lowball offer, which in CJ's mind anything less than Frank Clark's contract is a lowball offer, in response to this

Unless im taking it wrong, "He'll settle for something reasonable" seems like a jab at CJ and means he should take less than hes worth. I don't have any insider info, but I think Jones is wanting FC's contract or maybe just a little more and that seems very reasonable to me.

You have to be joking with the hometown discount thing. This thread alone is littered with people saying he should take less to stay and turn those millions into titles! Fuck that. Maybe they should have given him an extension last year before they got Frank and we would have gotten him for a little less. Probably could have gotten him for $18.5-$19mil/year instead of $21 mil/year.
Personally I’m glad we traded for Frank and won a Super Bowl.
RINGLEADER 12:49 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
No doubt.

Dude was half-powered for the first part of the season and still managed 13 sacks last season including 5 (!) in three playoff/SB games.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:26 PM 07-10-2020

She’s here, she’s ready, & she’s coming!!! #ChampTalk pic.twitter.com/WzqlUECquN

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 10, 2020

dlphg9 01:54 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I am too. Im just sayimy the way we could have gotten him cheaper was to sign him before trading for Clark.
KS Smitty 02:08 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach needs to send somebody with the signature page of Jones contract to this event.
duncan_idaho 03:50 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ive never said the Chiefs are trying to lowball him. I actually think the Chiefs and Jones haven't been talking because the Chiefs know what it takes and don't want to disrespect him by lowballing him, but they didn't know exactly how Pats contract would go I said he wont sign a lowball offer, which in CJ's mind anything less than Frank Clark's contract is a lowball offer, in response to this

Unless im taking it wrong, "He'll settle for something reasonable" seems like a jab at CJ and means he should take less than hes worth. I don't have any insider info, but I think Jones is wanting FC's contract or maybe just a little more and that seems very reasonable to me.

You have to be joking with the hometown discount thing. This thread alone is littered with people saying he should take less to stay and turn those millions into titles! **** that. Maybe they should have given him an extension last year before they got Frank and we would have gotten him for a little less. Probably could have gotten him for $18.5-$19mil/year instead of $21 mil/year.
If they had extended Jones before last season he almost certainly would have counted more against the cap than he did. That might have precluded them from adding someone like Breeland, and their cap would be a LOT less flexible now.
InChiefsHeaven 03:54 PM 07-10-2020
Have we signed this badass yet?
dlphg9 07:06 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they had extended Jones before last season he almost certainly would have counted more against the cap than he did. That might have precluded them from adding someone like Breeland, and their cap would be a LOT less flexible now.
I dont know if that's necessarily true though. He would have still been playing on his rookie deal and his cap hit would have stayed the same just like with Pat. This year would have been the beginning of his new deal and more than likely would have had a low cap hit in the 1st year. Signing him before Frank Clarks deal happened and Buckners deal would have saved us a couple mil a year, but now he can take Clarks deal and the 1st and 3rd rounder we gave up and Buckners deal and the high 1st rounder the Colts gave up for him and use those to drive up his price. He knows a team would pay him more than those 2 got and he's not taking any less. I'd do the same thing.
dlphg9 07:07 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Have we signed this badass yet?
I wish
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:29 PM 07-10-2020

I love you KC 🤞🏾....The Fan support here is amazing

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 11, 2020

Halfcan 10:16 PM 07-10-2020
Sign your contract Chris!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:25 PM 07-10-2020
Jones our out another I love Y’all on Twitter..... Veach better get this shit done!! We will build a statue immediately if Jones gets signed
Coogs 07:53 AM 07-11-2020
Jones our out another I love Y’all on Twitter..... Veach better get this shit done!! We will build a statue immediately if Jones gets signed
It takes two sides to make a deal work out. It may not be all Veach. Gotta fit the Chiefs going forward too.
PAChiefsGuy 09:00 AM 07-11-2020
Find some hobbies.. If it gets done great if it doesnt life goes on Chiefs will be alright and so will Jones.
InChiefsHeaven 09:04 AM 07-11-2020
Jones our out another I love Y’all on Twitter....
:-) English please?

:-)
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up