ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 60
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:29 PM 11-11-2019
Oh, one more thing.

Anyone else notice when it looked like it was going to get out of hand in favor of the Chiefs the whistles started blowing?:-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:30 PM 11-11-2019
I love how HB was calling people out yesterday saying we need more dawgs on this defense but yet when we needed a crucial stop he makes a business decision. Fuck him

tyrann was right here and just let him go by pic.twitter.com/JGPXsekUuo

— Corey (@silver5liter) November 11, 2019

[Reply]
notorious 03:31 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
It's possible to be a fan and not feel pain anymore,trust me you'll sleep better and laugh a lot more.
Amen.

It’s called “resignation” in psychology terms.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:32 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You mean I shouldn't have strangled that cat yesterday???
There was a time when my cats wouldn't even think about being in the same room with me when the Chiefs were on.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:33 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He's had 20 years...suddenly think he's going to change and it'll happen in the next 2?

Not being a dick but it's just the truth.
What do people not understand about the Mahomes factor?

If he's proven he can nearly win a SB with McNabb, and reach several conference title games, and win a ton of games with Alex Smith.....how the fuck is it considered impossible to win one with arguably the most talented QB in history?

Does anyone ever step back and listen to themselves?
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:36 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Amen.

It’s called “resignation” in psychology terms.
You know my stand on the NFL,once I "resigned" that it was purely entertainment things got so much better.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:38 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
In the 70s and 80s, I used to let these kinds of losses ruin my day if not my whole week.

Then after 28 years of failure in 98, I got so upset during the playoff loss to Denver, I knocked a ceiling tile out of my bosses house while watching the game there.

For years the Mrs. has known not to go in the same room where I am watching the game.

Now, yesterday, I didn't even let it get me upset or bother me. I immediately went outside and did something productive.

Don't get me wrong, I was not happy, but it isn't something I can control, it is entertainment.
Same here. When I was a season ticket holder, losing would set off anger and ruin the whole day and sometimes bleed into the week.

Still get pissed off but able to let it go these days.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:38 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
What do people not understand about the Mahomes factor?

If he's proven he can nearly win a SB with McNabb, and reach several conference title games, and win a ton of games with Alex Smith.....how the **** is it considered impossible to win one with arguably the most talented QB in history?

Does anyone ever step back and listen to themselves?
How long you been here?

I mean shit, we have a thread about the loss being proof we should have rested Mahomes longer.

I maintain that Mahomes being drafted has removed the most common argument here historically and due to having to move on to other arguments has exposed how CP is really not much more football "smart" than most other boards.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:41 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
You got 2 words right.

Has been.
Honestly, I don't hold the stupid Hardman stuff against Toub this game, kid's a rook and he looks like it. I guess you could say Toub should know the kid is over his head on punt returns, but he's probably fine in practice.

I also don't think the shitty punt by Colquitt is on Toub. That's his punter, who was nails last week and has been most of his career.

I also don't think the flubbed snap shit was in Toub. That's 3 veteran players who do this shit in their sleep. It was just a freaky thing that I've never seen happen before.

The block...yeah, bad allignment, asking 1 guy to block 2. So yeah, that's probably on him.

Toub is fine. He's not the problem by a long shot.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:42 PM 11-11-2019
This team/franchise is in serious need of a hal mcrae vodka tirade, in the worst way!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 03:44 PM 11-11-2019
Well Andy being in a small market is going to slide because the vaunted Cowboys and Jason Garrett layed down a bigger shit show than Andy last night. The talking heads are all over the Boys and Jer being Jasons daddy and cant can him. There has been barely a peep about Andy's bed wetting yesterday afternoon. Way to go picking a small market team you can experiment your play calling with while going to his beloved LA and Philly smelling like a rose after going out early in postseason. Good gig if you can get it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:45 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
In the 70s and 80s, I used to let these kinds of losses ruin my day if not my whole week.

Then after 28 years of failure in 98, I got so upset during the playoff loss to Denver, I knocked a ceiling tile out of my bosses house while watching the game there.

For years the Mrs. has known not to go in the same room where I am watching the game.

Now, yesterday, I didn't even let it get me upset or bother me. I immediately went outside and did something productive.

Don't get me wrong, I was not happy, but it isn't something I can control, it is entertainment.
It was the 90's for me. It's honestly why my wife does not like the Chiefs at all. Ever since the 2006 loss to the Colts...I have really calmed down. It's not worth it and I don't need my wife dreading a Chiefs game because of my potential reaction. I had to grow up and I really have.

The last 5 seasons or so, I've found myself sometimes missing the kickoff or a bunch of the 3rd quarter because there's stuff she needs me to do. It doesn't bother me, because I know that missing it or watching it makes no difference regarding the outcome. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss games much, but if I had to, I won't let it kill me.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:45 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
This team/franchise is in serious need of a hal mcrae vodka tirade, in the worst way!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Or Andy Reid pulling a Denny Green

[Reply]
ptlyon 03:46 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
There was a time when my cats wouldn't even think about being in the same room with me when the Chiefs were on.
Good, extremely smart cats
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:46 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How long you been here?

I mean shit, we have a thread about the loss being proof we should have rested Mahomes longer.

I maintain that Mahomes being drafted has removed the most common argument here historically and due to having to move on to other arguments has exposed how CP is really not much more football "smart" than most other boards.
It's like a bunch of bitchy women on their periods.

I'd get it if we just got bounced early from the playoffs, but the only significance of this loss is that the #1 seed probably is out of reach. That's literally it.

Well, that and the defense took a step back. But I blame that largely on the inexplicable decision to make Pennel inactive and limit the snaps of our other run-stuffers. I assume they won't make that mistake again.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 60
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up