ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 35
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriots released AB
TribalElder 02:13 PM 09-20-2019

The #Patriots have released WR Antonio Brown, as he indicated on Twitter. They have moved on.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 20, 2019

[Reply]
Football Swami 12:41 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I know the people here hate the Raiders, it's expected but this stinks to high heaven and sets a bad precedent for future players and how the whole league works in regard to contracts and trading players.

Players should not be allowed to choose where they play or refuse to go to teams the current team wants to send them to improve their team.

Pittsburgh wanted to trade him to the highest bidder which was Buffalo, AB refused. Thats the only reason he was a Part time practice Raider.

It seems like the power lies solely with the players and I don't like the idea of the teams having to kiss the people ass who work for them.

Who was the GM who said we can't let the prisoners run the asylum and got in trouble for it? It appears to be a true statement
I totally agree with this post although I think in order to hold players to their contracts , said contracts need to be guaranteed in the future. Otherwise why should a player hold up his end of the bargain if the team doesn't have to.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:22 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Football Swami:
You should release yourself of the anger and contempt you have for successful people and/or teams. It only distracts you from the issue of making yourself better and/or demanding more from your sports team.

There is no boogie man , no league conspiracy, and are no hidden cheating atrocities that are preventing other teams in the NFL from winning;
it is only their lack of vision, dedication and sometimes bad luck and injuries that prevent said teams from winning the superbowl or even just developing a consistent, winning mindset and culture.
Yes, clearly the multiple punishments for cheating are a figment of my imagination. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:26 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just got the news? Where the fuck ya been man? :-)
I was up until 3 am playing the shit outta some Madden and got up way late
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:39 PM 09-21-2019

[Reply]
Football Swami 01:47 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Yes, clearly the multiple punishments for cheating are a figment of my imagination. :-)
ESPN apologizes to Patriots for erroneous Spygate report
By NBC Sports Boston Report August 20, 2015 11:15 AM

From the perception becomes reality department: The long-refuted, yet often repeated, accusation that, as part of Spygate, the Patriots taped a Rams walkthrough prior to the Super Bowl in 2002, has cropped up in ESPN's coverage of Deflategate recently. The network has apologized for continuing to report it as fact.

On "SportsCenter" at about 12:20 a.m. Friday morning, ESPN issued the following apology, via anchor Steve Levy:
“On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI. That story was found to be false and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.”
The taped walkthrough report was originally in the Boston Herald, which eventually apologized and issued a retraction back in 2008.
The two occasions the ESPN apology referenced were in the past week when it ran on on-screen crawl of "Notable Patriots Controversies" and cited "Patriots filmed Rams final walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI" and when Sports Center anchor Hannah Storm said, “Some would say that the filming of the practices earlier that that does qualify as cheating, which is certainly something that is part of the Patriots history.”
Storm later clarified her comments but didn't apologize.
Want to clarify: Pats were penalized for filming Jets during a game, not for filming teams practices, as I said yesterday.
— Hannah Storm (@HannahStormESPN) August 14, 2015
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:00 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Football Swami:
ESPN apologizes to Patriots for erroneous Spygate report
By NBC Sports Boston Report August 20, 2015 11:15 AM

From the perception becomes reality department: The long-refuted, yet often repeated, accusation that, as part of Spygate, the Patriots taped a Rams walkthrough prior to the Super Bowl in 2002, has cropped up in ESPN's coverage of Deflategate recently. The network has apologized for continuing to report it as fact.

On "SportsCenter" at about 12:20 a.m. Friday morning, ESPN issued the following apology, via anchor Steve Levy:
“On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI. That story was found to be false and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.”
The taped walkthrough report was originally in the Boston Herald, which eventually apologized and issued a retraction back in 2008.
The two occasions the ESPN apology referenced were in the past week when it ran on on-screen crawl of "Notable Patriots Controversies" and cited "Patriots filmed Rams final walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI" and when Sports Center anchor Hannah Storm said, “Some would say that the filming of the practices earlier that that does qualify as cheating, which is certainly something that is part of the Patriots history.”
Storm later clarified her comments but didn't apologize.
Want to clarify: Pats were penalized for filming Jets during a game, not for filming teams practices, as I said yesterday.
— Hannah Storm (@HannahStormESPN) August 14, 2015
A four year old article? That’s all you have? :-)

You’d have looked less dumb saying nothing at all.

I refer you to the handy chart PB posted.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:33 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Not going to happen.
Well, a bunch of Pats fans also said AB wouldn't get released...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:36 PM 09-21-2019

[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 04:10 PM 09-21-2019

Luckily these Patriots fans are being really chill and cool about all this. pic.twitter.com/Dpg6TwAK7E

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 21, 2019

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:14 PM 09-21-2019
Has anyone else suddenly realized the truth about this? Antonio Brown showed up, saw the rampant cheating, and threatened to report it on Twitter.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:33 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:

They seem nice!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 09-21-2019
Haven't read this thread since we heard he got axed by the Patriots.

I think it's sad in a way that AB is likely never going to play in the NFL again. Fan or not, he was one of the best WRs any of us have ever seen. He really could've been legendary.

Instead, somewhat like TO, he's managed to out himself as not only a locker room cancer, but a truly disturbed human being. Maybe like that Kellen Winslow guy (think that's his name).

Just yesterday I watched a short interview with Ryan Clark, a former teammate of ABs, and his take on AB's changes as he became more successful and more famous as a Steeler. Perhaps he should've been more like Caesar and had a man standing next to him whispering in his ear, "Remember you are mortal, remember you are mortal . . ."
[Reply]
Sorry 06:26 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
A four year old article? That’s all you have? :-)

You’d have looked less dumb saying nothing at all.

I refer you to the handy chart PB posted.
Just take the l
[Reply]
lcarus 07:36 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Help me to understand why there are 22 pages of posts about a New England Patriot player on a Chiefs BB?
This is akin to a crazy stalker ex showing up at my house 1,000 times in the middle of the night the past 2 weeks telling me to get over my obsession with her because she heard me making fun of her to my buddy on the phone line she tapped and the Facebook page she hacked.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:58 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Has anyone else suddenly realized the truth about this? Antonio Brown showed up, saw the rampant cheating, and threatened to report it on Twitter.
He was going to facebook live it.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 35
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up