ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 AM 08-10-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Our whole draft made no sense the day after the draft and it still makes no sense now. We haven't even heard of a rookie flashing for even just a day during training camp.
Posted via Mobile Device
It doesn’t make sense? Wtf?

Do you not agree that the pass rush needed help last year? Speaks is a pass rusher.

Do you not agree that we couldn’t stop the run last year on the edge opposite Houston or up the middle? That’s why Speaks and Nnandi were drafted.

Do you not agree that Sorenson sucked as a money backer and nobody could cover a TE after Berry got hurt? That’s why O’Daniel was drafted.

Do you not agree that safety outside of Berry was really bad last year? That’s why Armani Watts was drafted
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:05 AM 08-10-2018
I thought he looked better as the game wore on, but i can't say if that's because he got better or his competition got worse.

He looked slow coming out of college and he was never billed as a speed guy, so him being slow last night didn't even register on my radar. That was a given.

He clearly has a lot to work on. We knew that. He's not a starter this season and i expect we'll see a better Breeland Speaks next season.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:07 AM 08-10-2018
The guy who jumped off the screen last night was Kpass. He was an absolute terror early on.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:08 AM 08-10-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The guy who jumped off the screen last night was Kpass. He was an absolute terror early on.
He looked awesome
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 08-10-2018
I thought he looked better as the game wore on, but i can't say if that's because he got better or his competition got worse.

He looked slow coming out of college and he was never billed as a speed guy, so him being slow last night didn't even register on my radar. That was a given.

He clearly has a lot to work on. We knew that. He's not a starter this season and i expect we'll see a better Breeland Speaks next season.
These.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 AM 08-10-2018
Did you see Xavier Williams? He looked fucking awesome. I was most impressed with that guy

https://mobile.twitter.com/barleyhop...9%2Fframe.html
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:41 AM 08-10-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Our whole draft made no sense the day after the draft and it still makes no sense now. We haven't even heard of a rookie flashing for even just a day during training camp.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah it's still way too early but I'm not really a fan of Veach this board overates him as a GM.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:47 AM 08-10-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Did you see Xavier Williams? He looked ****ing awesome. I was most impressed with that guy

I thought he looked like shit most of his snaps aside from that play you linked. And even that play i personally gave credit to Eligwe for blowing it up. Granted they both came crashing into the lane, but at first sight i gave credit to Eligwe. Second view around, yeah he did great there.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 08-11-2018
Watched the replay and I liked what I saw from Speaks. He got around the corner and had a nice bullrush one time.

Weeden was getting the ball out quick so no real opportunity for a sack from anyone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 08-12-2018

The guys who has caught my attention the most in this scrimmage so far is Breeland Speaks, who has blown past a few offensive linemen.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) August 12, 2018

[Reply]
milkman 09:46 AM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Did you see Xavier Williams? He looked ****ing awesome. I was most impressed with that guy

I thought Williams consistently occupied blockers at the POA, and he pushed those blockers on that play right into the RB's lane, blowing that play up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 PM 08-25-2018
For reference, Chase Daniel ran a 4.8 40-yard dash. 10 years ago.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 AM 09-02-2018
Veach Saturday on what he's seen so far from second-round pick Breeland Speaks:

"The guy is really athletic for that size, and we have some flexibility. We've already seen his ability to set an edge and play the run, and I think he's learning how to pass rush from the outside as a standup backer. But moving forward, he'll be able to kick inside and do some interior rush with guys like Chris Jones and Allen Bailey because he is 280 pounds.

"Just because in the preseason we just rushed four up the field doesn't mean we aren't getting creative. We already know he can out there and play in base downs and he can set an edge and play the run, but he can also rush from the 3-technique and probably also play 5-tech moving forward (if we need it).

"He's a valuable defensive line commodity that because of how we're set up with our depth right now is going to help us best at outside linebacker with keeping Justin [Houston] and Dee [Ford] healthy in regards to limiting their reps. But he's also a guy that in the future who could play anywhere across the board, so that's the value we saw in how he's possibly going to affect the roster in year two and year three."

————————

Sounds like Speaks will be kicking inside on passing downs some. Just what I had hoped. He’s also 280, which is pretty crazy.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:19 AM 09-02-2018
Crazy no mention of Kpass
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 09-02-2018
He's still taking his front foot and picking it up and putting it back down in the same spot...how can a coaching staff not realize this?
[Reply]
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up