ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 421
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:16 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football...ntasy-football
Good lord, a Fantasy Football article?
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:17 PM 02-15-2018
Jeremiah Trotter ...?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:17 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

How many times did you see Albert Wilson lay out for catches prior to 2017, his contract year?

I can't even believe that you're trying say that being in a contract year isn't extra motivation for players.

Jesus.

That's about as naive as it gets.
I wonder if his constant shoulder injuries prior to last year played a role in his alligator arms.

As far as guys like Richardson and Wilkerson, they seem to kinda fit the mold of guys Veach likes to kick the tires on and find out why there wasn’t much motivation but were high picks with elite talent.

If they can be motivated, a DL of Jones, Wilkerson and Richardson would be one of the most talented DLs in the league.

If they are motivated by money, offer them vet minimum deals with 500k per sack bonuses that void with off field trouble.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:25 PM 02-15-2018
I’d love to see KC offer Sanders a contract once Denver releases him and then backs out.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:28 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Need someone quick and tough to play in the slot. Maybe that’s Chesson? We haven’t saw enough to say one way or the other. He looked good on punt returns so there’s athleticism there.
I'm just saying Conley, Robinson and Chesson were predominantly outside receivers in college and in their brief NFL stints. I think its naive to think one of them will step up and be an improvement on Wilson in the slot- I don't want to pay Wilson substantially but I don't think we have anyone on the roster currently can replace him.

Few FA options and/or you could replace him in the draft, I would want a receiver who predominantly works out of the slot with an emphasis on route running and great hands. Doesn't have to be a spectacular athlete- Braxton Berrios maybe as a late round flyer is another name I'd add out of the draft.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:29 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wonder if his constant shoulder injuries prior to last year played a role in his alligator arms.

As far as guys like Richardson and Wilkerson, they seem to kinda fit the mold of guys Veach likes to kick the tires on and find out why there wasn’t much motivation but were high picks with elite talent.

If they can be motivated, a DL of Jones, Wilkerson and Richardson would be one of the most talented DLs in the league.

If they are motivated by money, offer them vet minimum deals with 500k per sack bonuses that void with off field trouble.
Wilkerson and Richardson will probably get at least $8M per year on the open market. I think the Chiefs should look into Wilkerson as an option if the contract is one they can easily get out of. Those are the types of defensive signings that could pay huge dividends with Mahomes on the cheap.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:30 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I'm just saying Conley, Robinson and Chesson were predominantly outside receivers in college and in their brief NFL stints. I think its naive to think one of them will step up and be an improvement on Wilson in the slot- I don't want to pay Wilson substantially but I don't think we have anyone on the roster currently can replace him.

Few FA options and/or you could replace him in the draft, I would want a receiver who predominantly works out of the slot with an emphasis on route running and great hands. Doesn't have to be a spectacular athlete- Braxton Berrios maybe as a late round flyer is another name I'd add out of the draft.
Oh I DO like your shoes!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-15-2018
I couldn’t care less about that article.

We’ve witnessed it first hand in recent years with pass rushers like Demarcus Lawrence, Olivier Vernon, Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Von Miller etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:03 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I couldn’t care less about that article.

We’ve witnessed it first hand in recent years with pass rushers like Demarcus Lawrence, Olivier Vernon, Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Von Miller etc.
It also goes against human nature for guys not to put their best effort forward in a contract year.

Does is always happen? No.

But to say that the players aren't trying to be the best player they can be, when money is on the line (and in some cases, Generational Wealth), is just silly.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:04 PM 02-15-2018
If we’re only going to rush 3 or 4, then those 3 or 4 need to have pass rush ability.

I guess it all depends on if you think the things that motivate them are able to be achieved or not.

Adding a prime Richardson and Wilkerson to a defense that already has Berry, Peters, Houston, Jones, Ragland and Fuller would make the defense Elite. Maybe decide on one or the other and then go after Talib.

That may not be possible, but it’s worth looking into.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:05 PM 02-15-2018
Hugh Douglas visiting? :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:05 PM 02-15-2018
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-bell-to-bucs

Originally Posted by :
Sheldon Richardson, defensive tackle
Potential fits: Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs.

Somewhere along the line, Richardson is going to wake up -- and it might be next to Chris Jones or Justin Houston in Kansas City. True, the Chiefs are projected to be relatively tight against the cap. But those guys might be the kind of players who can motivate Richardson to play up to his potential after the Jets traded him away heading into last season. He's an athletic run-stopper with pass-rush ability. I also think Buffalo -- which, with two first-round picks, two second-rounders and two third-rounders, will have a chance to add a ton of talent -- could see Richardson as an attractive fit (provided the issues that led to his ouster in New York don't scare them off). And, of course, Seattle would be able to use him, as well.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:11 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-bell-to-bucs
Unless something went down in the Seattle lockerroom that hasn't been reported, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that Seattle would allow Richardson to hit free agency after they traded a 2nd round pick and WR Jermaine Kearse to the Jets.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 02-15-2018
I would love Richardson and he would solve a lot of issues in one player, but I dunno which Richardson you would get
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:36 PM 02-15-2018
It sure would be nice to land our own Marcell Dareus...

Rookie D linemen rarely make an instant impact
[Reply]
Page 27 of 421
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up