ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 46
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
And if I had to choose between the two of them I am taking Kizer.

Webb strikes me as a kid who has worked for everything he has got, which is fantastic, but I think there is a definite ceiling to his development. He is less athletic than Kizer and is somewhat of a statue in the pocket. Webb reminds me a lot of a slightly more accurate Nick Foles. Kizer is a more athletic, less accurate version of Carson Palmer.
I keep getting that impression and trying to clear it from my mind as well. For some reason, I just keep seeing a Foles clone with a slightly higher ceiling.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:59 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not a fan of Kizer, I don't really like guys with potential character issues at QB. It's worked out before obviously but we'll see.
Jameis Winston says hi.

I think the Kizer concerns are overblown with regards to his character. Personally I think he is a socially awkward kid who maybe got caught trying too hard to say the right things instead of being honest with himself.

Not like he's raped women or got arrested multiple times.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:00 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Atleast the younger versions are cheaper. I guess. I dunno.
Yep. Cheap and not broken. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:08 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jameis Winston says hi.

I think the Kizer concerns are overblown with regards to his character. Personally I think he is a socially awkward kid who maybe got caught trying too hard to say the right things instead of being honest with himself.

Not like he's raped women or got arrested multiple times.
No, but he got benched multiple times and in football terms that's just as bad. He also didn't play very well for all but 2 games last season. That's a red flag to me.
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:13 PM 04-20-2017
Kizer's concern should be his statistical regression in college the same way Barkley, Freeman and Ponder, etc did and the concern he might turn out the same way as them

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...e_year_before/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:16 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I keep getting that impression and trying to clear it from my mind as well. For some reason, I just keep seeing a Foles clone with a slightly higher ceiling.
That wont get us a super bowl :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
That wont get us a super bowl :-)
I am aware. It's not a conclusion I'm fond of.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:25 PM 04-20-2017
That would be a total Chiefs thing though. Wait 30 years and then get a Nick Foles im trying to envision what that would look like? 10 years with some mixed 10-6 years and a few playoff wins. Shit then they go back to the recycled QBs and were at year 60 since a superbowl appearance.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:32 PM 04-20-2017
2011: Cam Newton (locker, gabbert, ponder all busts), Dalton
2012: Lucky, RG3, Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Foles, Cousins
2013: EJ, Glennon, Geno ( :-))
2014: Bortles, bridgwater, carr
2015: winston, mariota, Siemian (7th round)
2016: goff, wentz, lynch, dak

Still think this is this year we wait it out and take another chance at a 3rd/4th rounder hoping we find the next Dak/RW/cousins. If so, 2018 would be the year we trade up. The talent pool just isn't impressive like it was, this feels too much like 2013. If there's a trade up this year I would hope it's in round 2 for an impact player that can we can plug in to the system immediately such as RB or linebacker.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:38 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:

Still think this is this year we wait it out and take another chance at a 3rd/4th rounder hoping we find the next Dak/RW/cousins. If so, 2018 would be the year we trade up. The talent pool just isn't impressive like it was, this feels too much like 2013. If there's a trade up this year I would hope it's in round 2 for an impact player that can we can plug in to the system immediately such as RB or linebacker.

This is Alex's last year!

Praise Jesus!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:38 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:

If Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes are all gone sooner than expected, then you might be right. I certainly don't like the idea of passing up on sure fire blue chip talent for Davis Webb or Deshone Kizer.

But, if they do decide to wait it out til round 3/4, they better make damn sure that they identify said QBs long term potential by the end of the season. If they don't have a true QBOTF identified by January, they almost HAVE to take one in next year's first round. Likely trading up while they are at it.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:41 PM 04-20-2017
My Beavers beat Cal (w/Webb) last year. That alone should disqualify him.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:42 PM 04-20-2017
Webb or Kizer can throw 15 TD's a season for 10% of Alex's salary. Pull the trigger
[Reply]
Frosty 12:42 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Has there ever been a draft that literally nobody knows if any QBs will go in the first round or if 5 go in the first round?
I don't know about 5 (think it was 3), but how about the year the Chiefs had the #1 overall pick. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 04-20-2017
"To me, you get a guy in here and you coach. Reid said. “That’s what you do. If you have a quarterback, you coach him up. If you have a defensive lineman, you coach him up. If you have a wide receiver, etc. it doesn’t matter, that’s what you do. They’re not coming in made exactly for your offense or your defense necessarily.”

That says a lot. None of these guys are tailor fit prospects. It sounds crystal clear that they want a moldable QB with upside and tools to be a good QB. There's 4-5 of those guys this year.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 46
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up