« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:54 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach get this shit done!! You have a month and 2 weeks!
Mahomes or Jones?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:57 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Mahomes or Jones?
Jones. July 15 is last day to get a long term deal done
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:58 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Chris my dude please, c’mon man don’t be this way
My guess is they want to see how much Mahomes is going to cost them and then they’ll have an idea of what they can pay Jones.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:06 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The cap will not decrease.

The most likely scenario is that the NFL will "pay itself back" once the new TV contracts have been finalized.

The NFL Salary Cap may not rise much in the next two years (some are calling it a "Flat Cap") but there's no way the NFL is decreasing the cap because it would lead to complete and utter chaos, which isn't a good look when you're hoping to sign the largest sports broadcasting deal in world history.
Exactly, can you imagine what would happen if you had to cut everyones salary.

Not happening.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:10 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
So much for 100% participation.
[Reply]
notorious 03:12 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The cap will not decrease.

The most likely scenario is that the NFL will "pay itself back" once the new TV contracts have been finalized.

The NFL Salary Cap may not rise much in the next two years (some are calling it a "Flat Cap") but there's no way the NFL is decreasing the cap because it would lead to complete and utter chaos, which isn't a good look when you're hoping to sign the largest sports broadcasting deal in world history.
That’s what I was thinking, but the media dipshits keep touting the 25-30% decrease in cap.

The NFL will make more than enough money to cover.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
That’s what I was thinking, but the media dipshits keep touting the 25-30% decrease in cap.

The NFL will make more than enough money to cover.
There may be a handful of owners w/ shitty teams and flush cap situations that think "sure, melt this sucker down and let's start over..."

But the overwhelming majority won't be. They'll figure something out.

It seems a flat cap is the likely scenario so I wonder if we won't see a Mahomes deal tied to % cap somehow. It's been a rumored approach for awhile and this may be the perfect introduction to it - provided it's allowed under the CBA.
[Reply]
notorious 03:19 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There may be a handful of owners w/ shitty teams and flush cap situations that think "sure, melt this sucker down and let's start over..."

But the overwhelming majority won't be. They'll figure something out.

It seems a flat cap is the likely scenario so I wonder if we won't see a Mahomes deal tied to % cap somehow. It's been a rumored approach for awhile and this may be the perfect introduction to it - provided it's allowed under the CBA.
You could have just said “The Raiders” and been done with it. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
You could have just said “The Raiders” and been done with it. :-)
I was thinking along the lines of Redskins, Giants, Lions and maybe Cleveland.

You know who'd really like to see it? Miami. Young, cost-controlled QB with some ascending talent and a clear path to the division (Tua developing into a top 12ish guy).

If the NFL dropped it's cap by 20%, Miami could still stay under it pretty easily and there will be some big-time talent that would hit the market. The Colts might be similarly intrigued even though they don't have a long-term option at QB.

There are some teams that would benefit a great deal, but not enough to carry the vote, IMO.
[Reply]
sedated 03:38 PM 05-29-2020
I wonder if we won't see a Mahomes deal tied to % cap somehow. It's been a rumored approach for awhile and this may be the perfect introduction to it - provided it's allowed under the CBA.
This idea was floated when Rodgers was negotiating his most recent deal with GB. IIRC it was not allowed under the CBA. I'm not sure if they changed that in the new CBA, but I cannot imagine that would be 1) wanted by the owners or 2) a big sticking point with a majority of the players.

It was also rumored that he would have an opt-out after every year. That also did not happen.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:40 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
This idea was floated when Rodgers was negotiating his most recent deal with GB. IIRC it was not allowed under the CBA. I'm not sure if they changed that in the new CBA, but I cannot imagine that would be 1) wanted by the owners or 2) a big sticking point with a majority of the players.

It was also rumored that he would have an opt-out after every year. That also did not happen.
Louis Riddick who is very connected said Mahomes may have a percentage tied to the cap or the ability to renegotiate his deal anytime he wants
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:50 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Louis Riddick who is very connected said Mahomes may have a percentage tied to the cap or the ability to renegotiate his deal anytime he wants
I'd blow the salary scale out of the water before I did that.

You just cannot build a team when you're worried about your quarterback opting out at any time. It's an impossible ask and it's why so many of those NBA contracts that are 1 year deals with subsequent option years will hamstring teams. Because you can NEVER take a step back and in a league with a hard cap, you have maybe 3-4 years before that catches up with you and blows the whole roster apart.

Every few years has to be a 'placeholder' season where you clear the books a bit, re-set and re-load the following season. And if you worry about your QB getting frustrated and walking away (or you can't ever know what his demands will be so you can't budget around them) you can't ever make truly responsible long-term decisions.

I'd rather overpay him and KNOW I'm doing so and in what amounts for a set period of time.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:54 PM 05-29-2020
Disappointing to hear this news. Chiefs have not been forthright regarding these negotiations.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:22 PM 05-29-2020
Jesus Christ. They had better get a deal done, otherwise they should have traded him before the draft. Otherwise he walks next year for a measly 3rd round compensatory, probably to a division rival? Fuck that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:48 PM 05-29-2020
I'd blow the salary scale out of the water before I did that.

You just cannot build a team when you're worried about your quarterback opting out at any time. It's an impossible ask and it's why so many of those NBA contracts that are 1 year deals with subsequent option years will hamstring teams. Because you can NEVER take a step back and in a league with a hard cap, you have maybe 3-4 years before that catches up with you and blows the whole roster apart.

Every few years has to be a 'placeholder' season where you clear the books a bit, re-set and re-load the following season. And if you worry about your QB getting frustrated and walking away (or you can't ever know what his demands will be so you can't budget around them) you can't ever make truly responsible long-term decisions.

I'd rather overpay him and KNOW I'm doing so and in what amounts for a set period of time.
I've never been mad at Mahomes and don't care how much they pay him, but if he made the Chiefs add in an opt out clause he would lose a ton of my support/admiration/love/lust for him. Id still want him, but id be pissed.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 59
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up