ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 68
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Photo Geek Thread: Photos You Take - Post Them Up!
|Zach| 02:02 AM 01-18-2010
Interesting places or people? Randomness? Post it here.
[Reply]
Otter 12:09 PM 02-16-2011
Hello my fellow Hebrews and Shebrews!!!

If the other Jews made fun of your yamaka they're just jealous.

Seriously, nice pictures bro! Always wanted to visit.

[Reply]
Buck 02:30 PM 02-16-2011
Those are great pics man.

I just bought the Canon 60d and its coming tomorrow. Can't wait.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 02:33 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by Buck:

Nice! You'll enjoy it a lot.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 03:33 PM 02-16-2011

what kinda of lens(s) are getting?
[Reply]
Buck 03:39 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:
what kinda of lens(s) are getting?
I'm not sure yet.

If you look at my sig you can see the purpose of the camera. We only have 1 T2i right now filming a web series and we needed a second camera so I bought one. The guy who owns the T2i owns a shit load of lenses so he is going to lend me the stock lens for filming. Shooting pictures isn't my #1 priority yet, but as this project wraps up I'll be getting into it and looking into lenses.

Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Shag 03:45 PM 02-16-2011
I just bought a used Canon 50D the other day, and am still figuring out how to use it. Always had a bit of an interest in photography, but never really explored it. Going to Hawaii in a couple weeks, so figured it would be a good time to get a nice camera...

I currently only own a 50mm f/1.8, but am borrowing my buddy's 24-70 f/2.8 for the trip.

I chatted with a photographer buddy for a while about using the camera, but would be interested in tips from you folks here...
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:56 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by Shag:
I just bought a used Canon 50D the other day, and am still figuring out how to use it. Always had a bit of an interest in photography, but never really explored it. Going to Hawaii in a couple weeks, so figured it would be a good time to get a nice camera...

I currently only own a 50mm f/1.8, but am borrowing my buddy's 24-70 f/2.8 for the trip.

I chatted with a photographer buddy for a while about using the camera, but would be interested in tips from you folks here...
Don't reinvent the wheel. If you feel iffy on settings use Canon's auto button and press the shutter half way down. You will see what settings the camera things you should be at. Take that information and play around with it some. It is nice because it puts you in the ballpark and you can change different things and see what the effect is.
[Reply]
Shag 04:26 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Don't reinvent the wheel. If you feel iffy on settings use Canon's auto button and press the shutter half way down. You will see what settings the camera things you should be at. Take that information and play around with it some. It is nice because it puts you in the ballpark and you can change different things and see what the effect is.
My buddy suggested shooting in Av mode most of the time, so I've been playing around with that, and it makes sense for the most part. I'm trying to avoid going to auto mode if I can help it, but will if I need to. I hadn't actually considered using it to see what the camera thinks the settings should be - good tip.

I'm trying to figure out how I should travel with the camera - if I should buy a bag/backpack of some sort. The ones I've looked at are pretty spendy, though.

I also want to find a very small, portable tripod, if it exists. Don't want to lug anything big around, but would like something small for the occasional longer exposure, if need be...
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 04:31 PM 02-16-2011
I'm not sure yet.

If you look at my sig you can see the purpose of the camera. We only have 1 T2i right now filming a web series and we needed a second camera so I bought one. The guy who owns the T2i owns a shit load of lenses so he is going to lend me the stock lens for filming. Shooting pictures isn't my #1 priority yet, but as this project wraps up I'll be getting into it and looking into lenses.

Any suggestions?
50mm 1.8 is a steal for $100 or so. Great starter lens and dirt cheap.
[Reply]
FishingRod 04:31 PM 02-16-2011
Flash
Attached: flash01.jpg (91.2 KB) 
[Reply]
|Zach| 04:32 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by Shag:
My buddy suggested shooting in Av mode most of the time, so I've been playing around with that, and it makes sense for the most part. I'm trying to avoid going to auto mode if I can help it, but will if I need to. I hadn't actually considered using it to see what the camera thinks the settings should be - good tip.

I'm trying to figure out how I should travel with the camera - if I should buy a bag/backpack of some sort. The ones I've looked at are pretty spendy, though.

I also want to find a very small, portable tripod, if it exists. Don't want to lug anything big around, but would like something small for the occasional longer exposure, if need be...
Yea I don't reccomend taking shots with auto but using it as a guide helped me a lot. I sort of used that as a "par" it would be a good place to start so when I started tinkering with things I could see the before and after and have a place to go back to.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 06:10 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:

...and DaKCMan AP out.
very nice. The amount of awesome one should expect from DaKCMan. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Wyatt Earp 06:22 PM 02-18-2011
Saw this amazing cloud formation this morning. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera and had to use my phone.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 02-18-2011
Cool Pics Dan. That's Israel Right?
[Reply]
Buck 08:44 PM 02-18-2011
Its been raining all day so I didn't get to take the new camera out, so I just took these pics from inside my house.

First pic is a random planter outside. 2nd pic is me shooting from the same spot with no zoom. 3rd is me trying to get rain droplets on camera.

Nothing special, but interesting to me.

By the way, what is the best way to capture rain drops? Fast shutter speed?

[Reply]
Page 27 of 68
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up