Page 27 of 68
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:10 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Well he did become a Chiefs fan like a week ago....
Wrong.

We can all agree to disagree on this. There are guys you look at and say, "he's got it" and those you look at and say "he doesn't".

Deshaun to me is firmly in that second category and I would have no problem betting my life savings that he is never winning a Super Bowl as a starter.

Again, he is a good player. But not a chance am I giving 3 first round picks for him. That's just nuts.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:11 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That Chiefs defense was playing a lot better, and they were sneaky good, but they weren't the 2000 Ravens.

Deshaun had the best WR, a great LT, and an underrated ground game. And he laid down and ****ing died.

Like a ****ing loser.
This.
[Reply]
-King- 08:14 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
:-)

Watson is good but you can see from a mile away that he is not a guy you’re winning a super bowl with unless everything around him is perfect.

Any team that mortgages their future for him in a trade will be making a MASSIVE mistake.
He took a team with Bob O'brien as head coach and with a bottom 5 defense to the playoffs and won a game last year. Then they lost to the best team in the league. So no, I don't think everything had to be perfect for him to win.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:20 PM 01-29-2021
Wrong.

We can all agree to disagree on this. There are guys you look at and say, "he's got it" and those you look at and say "he doesn't".

Deshaun to me is firmly in that second category and I would have no problem betting my life savings that he is never winning a Super Bowl as a starter.

Again, he is a good player. But not a chance am I giving 3 first round picks for him. That's just nuts.
When Jamal Adams is going for 2 1s your argument isn't good.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:22 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Shit, teams are so desperate they're flinging mega contracts at Wentz, Dalton, and soon Dak and lamar and baker.
I think we're going to get to a point in the near future where teams realize it's only worth it to pay the truly elite franchise guys that kind of money. Unless you have a Mahomes, Rodgers or Wilson then you're better off letting your quarterback walk and drafting a new one on a rookie deal.

If QB contracts keep going up (and they will) then it simply isn't a sustainable way to build a winner.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:23 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
When Jamal Adams is going for 2 1s your argument isn't good.
I bet Seattle feels pretty smart for making that move after getting bounced in the WC round.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 08:23 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He did just sign a massive new contract extension in September and it’s not like the Texans were in great shape then either.
Were a lot better than they are now.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
[Reply]
Punwit 08:24 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We are seriously, unbelievably, spoiled. Partly Andy's fault, tbh. Reid showcases plays that are the literal envy of the league. EVERY ****ING WEEK.

And now we have Mahomes running the show, taking everything to a level the NFL has never seen before. Never even imagined before.

If Mahomes never existed, we'd all be happily begging to slob Veach's knob to have a guy like Watson running this offense.

Would it be the same?

Hell to the ****ing no.

But it would be about a lightyear better and more dynamic than anything Alex Smith could do with these weapons and this offense. We'd probably still be sitting on a SB victory and maybe still be looking at winning one this year. Some of you guys are flat ****ing nutz. Watson isn't Mahomes, but he's probably just about the next best thing, outside of Rodgers or Wilson.
I don't disagree with most of your post but, I am skeptical that Watson would be able to pull off Jet Wasp and the rest of our comeback vs the Niners. Fading back to lurking now.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:33 PM 01-29-2021
I bet Seattle feels pretty smart for making that move after getting bounced in the WC round.
He was good for them and they bomb late 1s alot so I thought but was a good move for them.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 08:38 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Cooks just had debatably his best year ever playing with Watson. Fuller always had a great connection with him, but could not stay healthy.

Also, WTF do you mean he had 1 great season? Have you been in a coma these last 3 years. No one is saying he's Mahomes. Stop hating because he doesn't play at 1 Arrowhead. There's such things as other good NFL players outside of our guys.
Eh, I don't think Watson was "great" in 18 or 19. Very good yes, but not great like Mahomes. Which was my point. He wasn't on Mahomes level in 18 or 19, but now that he has a great season statistically comparable to Mahomes, and he did it with a perceived terrible cast around him, we get morons like Stephen A saying he'd be just as good as Mahomes if he had Andy, Tyreek & Kelce. There are people that think that.

I also wasn't trying to imply that he put up all these stats in garbage time, just that obviously as a 4-12 team, there were games (like Week 1 vs us) where he probably put up some empty yards & TDs late in the game, whereas Mahomes has never even played in garbage time. And with their awful start, they no longer had any pressure or expectations or anything after like Week 5.

I'm actually a big Watson fan. He's a top 5 QB & with his age, probably the 2nd best asset in the league behind Pat.

But it irks me when Stephen A & other dipshits seriously believe he's as good as Mahomes if he was on the Chiefs. Wasnt trying to come off as a Watson hater.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 PM 01-29-2021
Some of these perennial doormat teams like the Jets should be willing to give up anything needed to get it done.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:46 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That Chiefs defense was playing a lot better, and they were sneaky good, but they weren't the 2000 Ravens.

Deshaun had the best WR, a great LT, and an underrated ground game. And he laid down and fucking died.

Like a fucking loser.
No kidding. Name the last elite QB to win 4 fucking games in a year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
No kidding. Name the last elite QB to win 4 fucking games in a year.
Phillip Rivers in 2015.

Rivers also went 5-11 twice after the 2015 season but led them to 12-4 in 2018.

Blaming the QB for the Win/Loss record when the QB plays his ass off is stupid.

Watson threw for 4,823 yards, 33 TD's to 7 INT's, completing more than 70% of his passes on team completely devoid of offensive skill position talent.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 PM 01-29-2021
The fan revolt has begun. The Texans are fucked.

Texans fans are making their feelings known to team owner Janice McNair ��

(via @DTGoteraKHOU)pic.twitter.com/TkRk2gzJeo

— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) January 29, 2021

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01-29-2021, 09:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Hoopsdoc.
pugsnotdrugs19 10:03 PM 01-29-2021
I think he gets traded in the end. I’ll guess Miami.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 68
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up