ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2697 of 2698
« First < 1697219725972647268726932694269526962697 2698 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bowser 12:26 PM 05-27-2024

And Kelce is such a dipshit on that play. Mahomes audibles, Kelce doesn't like the new call and stays in the original play, then Mahomes runs around like it's SB LV again only to make an amazing play with Kelce making an amazing catch. Nobody else but Mahomes overcomes his star receiver saying "Nah, I'm not running the play my QB wants to run", lol.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:53 PM 05-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:

And Kelce is such a dipshit on that play. Mahomes audibles, Kelce doesn't like the new call and stays in the original play, then Mahomes runs around like it's SB LV again only to make an amazing play with Kelce making an amazing catch. Nobody else but Mahomes overcomes his star receiver saying "Nah, I'm not running the play my QB wants to run", lol.

They wouldn't have been in that situation if Richie James caught the goddamn ball and got an easy 1st down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 05-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
upscaled some All 22 to 4K and it looks *really nice* clark

Insert the crying "thats my QB" meme.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:42 PM 05-27-2024
I went NUTS live when that happened.
[Reply]
Basileus777 01:36 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I just looked it up and this fucker played nearly 20 years, a great deal of those years before the changes in rules that benefitted passing, and still has higher YPA than Joe Burrow and Josh Allen. That is seriously impressive.

He still holds the record for most passing yards and TDs in a single season as well. A record he set a few years after suffering a career-ending injury.

I know it’s cool to hate the dude after his stint with the Broncos but the bad man can’t hurt us anymore. It’s OK to give him his flowers.

His postseason play is a huge black mark on his career though, it's not easy to handwaive away a whole career of offensive underperformance in the playoffs with a number of embarrassing losses to less talented teams. Peyton has that James Harden stink on him.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:38 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
His postseason play is a huge black mark on his career though, it's not easy to handwaive away a whole career of offensive underperformance in the playoffs with a number of embarrassing losses to less talented teams. Peyton has that James Harden stink on him.
I wouldn't go that far considering he has 2 rings.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Yeah, there’s no doubt about it. Personally, I am just a bit more forgiving than the average fan when it comes to postseason performance. I feel like it is wildly variable.

Looking back, he started out 0-3 in the playoffs. He didn’t lose to anyone important but I’ll give him some grace here as that was pretty normal for QBs back in those days. He was drafted #1 overall to a bad team. It makes sense that it’d take a few years to build up the team enough to compete when the margins get thinner in the playoffs.

The next three postseason trips ended at the hands of the Patriots and Steelers. In the mid-2000s that was the equivalent of losing to the current Chiefs or 49ers. There’s no shame there.

Next run was the SB win over Chicago. Manning had a 3:7 TD:INT ratio in that postseason. Sheesh.

Next two years he lost to those super talented Chargers teams.

After that was the SB loss to the Saints. He did throw a backbreaking pick 6 late in that one.

Next year was a loss to the Jets, which sounds bad, but that was the year the Jets also knocked out the Pats.

Following year was the Mile High Miracle. Ravens ended up winning it all that year.

Year after that was the 43-8 ass whooping from the Legion of Boom Seahawks. To be honest, I’m not sure there are many SB squads who beat the birds that night if you magically transported them there.

Next year was a bad loss to the Luck-led Colts. Bad loss but Manning’s quad was hurt that year.

Last one was the SB win over the Panthers.

In retrospect, I think what really hurt him was not establishing something in that first six years in the league and those two losses to those Chargers teams.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:21 AM 05-28-2024
Regarding playoff Pat vs playoff Manning..

Manning started his career by missing the playoffs, Wild Card loss, Wild Card loss, missed playoffs, AFCCG loss, Divisional loss by the time he turned 28.

Meanwhile, Mahomes redshirted, AFCCG OT loss, SB win, SB loss, AFCCG OT loss, SB win, SB win. Mahomes is now 28.

It’s crazy what he’s been able to accomplish in such a short time.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:27 AM 05-28-2024
KEEP FING DOUBTING PMII!!!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:29 AM 05-28-2024
Regarding playoff Pat vs playoff Manning..

Manning started his career by missing the playoffs, Wild Card loss, Wild Card loss, missed playoffs, AFCCG loss, Divisional loss by the time he turned 28.

Meanwhile, Mahomes redshirted, AFCCG OT loss, SB win, SB loss, AFCCG OT loss, SB win, SB win. Mahomes is now 28.

Manning's resume by 28 sounds eerily similar to a certain Josh Allen's playoff resume. How long until he's called a playoff choker?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:40 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn't go that far considering he has 2 rings.
True, but his second ring was one where he was carried to a SB win vs actually being a key part of that win. But I get what you mean.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
True, but his second ring was one where he was carried to a SB win vs actually being a key part of that win. But I get what you mean.
And he was kinda lousy in the first SB run as well.

260 yards/gm and a 3/7 TD to INT ratio.

He absolutely deserves some credit for the comeback against the Patriots but it's not like Brady played well in that game.

In that playoff run, inarguably his best, he got Brady in a C- game and was barely able to sneak by because his center recovered a fumble in the end zone. That was his apex SB win.

Compare that to Mahomes and his 3 championship runs:

2019: The Texans comeback and 49ers 4th quarter explosion
2022: The drive to get into FG range against Cincy and a nearly perfect game against Philly
2023: 4th quarter comeback against Buffalo and the drive to get to OT and winning drive in OT against SF. Not to mention the cumulative value of getting through what was, historically, the hardest SB run in NFL history.

Manning doesn't have a single post-season run that approaches the worst of Mahomes 3 championships.

Manning's post-season resume, even when you look at the good moments, just kinda sucks.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:44 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He absolutely deserves some credit for the comeback against the Patriots but it's not like Brady played well in that game.

In that playoff run, inarguably his best, he got Brady in a C- game and was barely able to sneak by because his center recovered a fumble in the end zone. That was his apex SB win.

2022: The drive to get into FG range against Cincy and a nearly perfect game against Philly
2023: 4th quarter comeback against Buffalo and the drive to get to OT and winning drive in OT against SF. Not to mention the cumulative value of getting through what was, historically, the hardest SB run in NFL history.

Manning doesn't have a single post-season run that approaches the worst of Mahomes 3 championships.

Manning's post-season resume, even when you look at the good moments, just kinda sucks.
He played well in games where his defense sucked but also played like shit in a lot of games where his defense gave him a chance.

History doesn't look fondly on QBs that lost very winnable games in the playoffs.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:21 AM 05-28-2024

Mahomes was pretty awesome in that Tennessee AFC title game as well.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:12 PM 05-28-2024

I agree. Manning, in my opinion, reminds me of Favre or Rodgers in some ways. Tons of regular season success, plenty of stats, lots of MVP, but very little postseason success given their regular season accolades.
[Reply]
Page 2697 of 2698
« First < 1697219725972647268726932694269526962697 2698 >
Up