ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2682 of 3903
« First < 1682218225822632267226782679268026812682 268326842685268626922732278231823682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:39 PM 07-22-2020
The Chinese apparently hate Mexicans..Who knew.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:46 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Chinese apparently hate Mexicans..Who knew.
They have the wall to prove it .
[Reply]
TLO 01:49 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They have the wall to prove it .
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:04 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I haven't seen any numbers on vents. Are you saying that doctors are more hesitant to vent someone now as opposed to before? If so, why?

Yes, some have shown promise.
Being on a vent is hard on the lungs. I believe they have put more emphasis on just using an oxygen mask and not a tube.
[Reply]
Donger 02:07 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Doctors are delaying the use of vents more now than they were initially .
That's good.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:07 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
50% of CA cases are from Latinos? Wow.
So even before you get into any behavior differences that you can control.

Latinos have a higher percentage of service jobs and fewer work from home.

They make up a big percentage of meat packing workers. And they are more likely to live in multi generational households.
[Reply]
Donger 02:15 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Being on a vent is hard on the lungs. I believe they have put more emphasis on just using an oxygen mask and not a tube.
I thought the purpose of ventilators was to physically provide the breathing action, hopefully when the patient was no longer capable of breathing without it.

I would hope that doctors weren't venting people who could still breathe on their own.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:15 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can attempt to argue it all you want but you are going to be wrong.

Its not about race, its about culture and multi family homes. Also Hispanic is not a race.
You know what I meant when I said race. I just don't think Hispanics are doing anything more than any other ETHIC GROUP as far as spreading this. I've seen whites, blacks and Hispanics all equally not follow the rules as far as social distancing.

It's truly been a team effort as far as spreading this shit. You simply sound like a closet racist w your post. With all due respect I'm not saying you are.
[Reply]
Donger 02:19 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You know what I meant when I said race. I just don't think Hispanics are doing anything more than any other ETHIC GROUP as far as spreading this. I've seen whites, blacks and Hispanics all equally not follow the rules as far as social distancing.

It's truly been a team effort as far as spreading this shit. You simply sound like a closet racist w your post. With all due respect I'm not saying you are.
If interested:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...inorities.html

As of June 12, 2020, age-adjusted hospitalization rates are highest among non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native and non-Hispanic black persons, followed by Hispanic or Latino persons.

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:21 PM 07-22-2020
It's from May but not much has changed

Coronavirus Cases More Than Double In Chicago’s Latino Community

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/05...inx-community/
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:25 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm not going to list everything, but here's some highlights.

1. Not putting everyone on a ventilator. Remember when ventilators were a major concern? Notice that they aren't anymore?
2. Remdesivir
3. Covelesant plasma
4. Dexamethasone
5. Various other drugs/treatments that are showing promise but aren't widely studied yet

Compared to - "Oh shit - we have no idea what this disease is or how to treat it"

Yeah I'd say we're in a better place.
Originally Posted by :
Yeah, olds are protecting themselves better, so lower average age of people needing vents. Better treatment protocols for the virus itself. Better medical management of the disease processes. Heart damage and micro clotting were a huge surprise at the beginning of this thing. Now we are treating those things before they become issues.

We are also flat out getting better at all the daily shit we need to do. Dialysis in isolation rooms, proning, putting in arterial and central lines, having IV pumps and ventilator controls outside the room for quick access, transporting isolation patients to ct, mri, or surgery, and a hundred other little things. Shit that used to be a giant production for covid patients (if they were done at all) are being done in basically the same amount of time it takes for a normal patient.
From a Seattle ICU doc on another forum.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:27 PM 07-22-2020
I thought the purpose of ventilators was to physically provide the breathing action, hopefully when the patient was no longer capable of breathing without it.

I would hope that doctors weren't venting people who could still breathe on their own.
My understanding is that they learned they can let oxygen levels get much lower than they thought without it causing catastrophic damage. I don't know the numbers, but it's like they used to vent people below 85% and now they're OK with 75% or whatever.
[Reply]
Pants 02:41 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My understanding is that they learned they can let oxygen levels get much lower than they thought without it causing catastrophic damage. I don't know the numbers, but it's like they used to vent people below 85% and now they're OK with 75% or whatever.
My wife had horrible asthma as a child and it reared its ugly head again after she was done breastfeeding our son.

She remembered what it felt like when she had the attacks as a child and went to seek medical attention from her doctor.

When she got there, she was at 83%. They thought the oximeter was broken at first.

Outside of being really scared and having tingling lips and fingers, she was fully functional. Before that day, I always thought that being in the mid 80's was like on the verge of death.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:45 PM 07-22-2020

They could breathe on their own but were unable to oxygenate well enough , they are tolerating a lower threshold of hypoxia than they were before. I think they initially though early. Ent had better results but it didn’t seem to as being on vent has some pretty bad side affects as well .
[Reply]
Monticore 02:48 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
My wife had horrible asthma as a child and it reared its ugly head again after she was done breastfeeding our son.

She remembered what it felt like when she had the attacks as a child and went to seek medical attention from her doctor.

When she got there, she was at 83%. They thought the oximeter was broken at first.

Outside of being really scared and having tingling lips and fingers, she was fully functional. Before that day, I always thought that being the mid 80's was like on the verge of death.
My son when he was hospitalized with RSV at 3 weeks hit 37 as we were about to be discharged.
[Reply]
Page 2682 of 3903
« First < 1682218225822632267226782679268026812682 268326842685268626922732278231823682 > Last »
Up