Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:05 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh, totally.

Tell me your picks that will be in our range, so we can watch how excellent you would be as our GM! Because clearly, it's as simple as just drafting the good ones.
You might want sit out the WR conversation after making predictions such as this about last year’s WR group…

By November, this WR group will be the talk of the league, I bet.

I'm excited to see the next stars blossom.
:-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:06 PM 03-14-2024
Going full WR in the draft is a bit risky.

It makes your moves in the draft more obvious, which is never favorable. I'm curious what the plan is. In Veach We Trust.
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:07 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You might want sit out the WR conversation after making predictions such as this about last year’s WR group…

Well it was half right. The wr room was the talk of the league by November, but not in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:07 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yes. Yes it is.

Especially if you expect them to be INSTANT-IMPACT.
And your alternative strategy is… what?

Tap into the non-existent free agent market?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:18 PM 03-14-2024

I also said many times that if we hit on ONE, we'd be fine. If we hit on TWO, we'd dominate.

Well, we hit on one, and won the Superbowl.

So let's have your picks, now, in advance. Let's see if you're smarter than Veach, who's definitely smarter than I am.

Or are you just a bitcher?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:19 PM 03-14-2024
I also said many times that if we hit on ONE, we'd be fine. If we hit on TWO, we'd dominate.

So let's have your picks, now, in advance. Let's see if you're smarter than Veach, who's definitely smarter than I am.

I'd just draft Marvin's Harrison Jr. and Malik Nabers. BOOM!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:20 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd just draft Marvin's Harrison Jr. and Malik Nabers. BOOM!
So easy a caveman can do it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:24 PM 03-14-2024
And your alternative strategy is… what?

Tap into the non-existent free agent market?
The alternate strategy is to add some FAs who make sense who are improvements over the non-Rice guys they had last year. Even if the price seems high (whisper: It actually isn't).

There are still plenty of players in FA who do just that.

It's not as simple as saying "prices are bad on FA, just use the draft and land instant impact guys!"

If you do a good job, you can do that on ONE guy. You have to be pretty lucky, picking where the Chiefs are, to get TWO guys at the position. Unless you burn all your capital to do it, and they can't afford to do that.

It's all about making it work under the cap. The front office knows what its needs are, it knows what resources it has to try and meet those needs, and it knows the hierarchy of them.

People on here who are freaking out and saying they should not be making ANY FA moves seem to think that salaries NOW shouldn't be any higher than salaries LAST YEAR or even a few years ago.

There still is one high-priced (or expected to be high-priced) player who would help the Chiefs a lot - and for the folks complaining that something like 3/48 or 4/64 would be WAYYYYYYYY too much for Brown, I'll point you to the fact that 3/48 was Sammy Watkins' deal six years ago, when the cap was $177.2M, 44 percent LESS than what it is in 2024.

If the Chiefs were paying Brown with the exact same dollar portion of the salary cap as they paid Watkins back then, they'd be giving him 3/$69M in 2024 dollars. The equivalent of paying him 2024 dollars of 3/48 or 4/64 would be like 3/33 or 4/44 in 2018.

Inflation has hit the NFL too, ya'll. Every tier of receiver is going to cost more.

I'd rather dip in and try to buy a longer-term piece that fits and is an upgrade for his role in the offense NOW than next year, too (after the Chase and Jefferson extensions get done and set a new top of the market).
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:24 PM 03-14-2024

Please, your receipts sucking off the likes of Skyy Less and Toney are hilariously Reeruned. :-)

And you reading my statement that it is reasonable to expect the Chiefs to come away with at least two impact WR’s in an ultra-deep WR draft… as me supposedly saying that I am “smarter than Veach”… makes no sense.

Veach knows better than anyone how deep this WR draft is.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:30 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The alternate strategy is to add some FAs who make sense who are improvements over the non-Rice guys they had last year. Even if the price seems high (whisper: It actually isn't).
In my post that you crying over, I said the Chiefs should sign OBJ or Mike Williams.

But you are not being realistic if you don’t think the Chiefs will need to find multiple impact WR’s in the draft as the primary method to upgrade the WR position.

There is no one currently available in free agency besides the likes of OBJ, Mike Williams, Michael Thomas, etc.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:35 PM 03-14-2024
In my post that you crying over, I said the Chiefs should sign OBJ or Mike Williams.

But you are not being realistic if you don’t think the Chiefs will need to find multiple impact WR’s in the draft as the primary method to upgrade the WR position.

There is no one currently available in free agency besides the likes of OBJ, Mike Williams, Michael Thomas, etc.
Oh, I'm not crying, friend. I'm maybe banging my head against the toilet stall wall, but I'm not crying.

Your assertion - they better find not one, but two instant impact WRs in the draft because it's a deep draft - is far outside the bounds of reality or probability based on the Chiefs positioning in the draft.

Those guys' names are Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze. Every other WR in the draft has SOME questions that could prevent them from being instant-impact guys. Or they would be top 15 locks, too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:36 PM 03-14-2024
Devin White to the Eagles on a 1-year deal
[Reply]
RunKC 05:36 PM 03-14-2024
Devin white to Eagles. Howie going all in
[Reply]
Monticore 05:37 PM 03-14-2024
Guess Howie is trying to save Sirianis job
[Reply]
DRM08 05:39 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Devin white to Eagles. Howie going all in
The Eagles have been aggressive as hell for years and never seem to pay the price for it with the cap.
[Reply]
Page 268 of 365
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318 > Last »
Up