ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2675 of 3903
« First < 1675217525752625266526712672267326742675 267626772678267926852725277531753675 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 03:37 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
How you doin Lew?
I'm doing fine. Just lifted weights for an hour and even with my heart rate up over 140, didn't feel too horrible. I think my wife had it worse than me. She had about a week of body aches and fatigue, continues with a dry cough.

I'll be waiting on my Boone's farm. I still can't taste or smell a damn thing so now would be the prefect time to have it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:38 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My 56 year old coworker is still in the hospital battling COVID PNA, going on day 10. He was given convalescent plasma over the weekend but continues to desat into the 70's, with light activity, even on oxygen. He has no prior health issues but simply waited too long at home before seeking help, IMO. Partly because his 80 year old mother, who is COVID positive, was refused medical care to the hospital 2 weeks ago when she called 911. They told her she "looked fine" and needed to manage at home because the hospitals were full. I convinced him to seek help but it was probably a few days too late.

A pulse oximeter is a MUST to have if you're positive. Even if you feel "decent," continue to check it multiple times per day while you are home.

My coworker's name in Joe and he's very Christian. A great man who is honestly struggling for his life right now. I've worked with him for 8 years and he would appreciate any prayers you could give him.
done
[Reply]
O.city 03:39 PM 07-21-2020
I'm doing fine. Just lifted weights for an hour and even with my heart rate up over 140, didn't feel too horrible. I think my wife had it worse than me. She had about a week of body aches and fatigue, continues with a dry cough.

I'll be waiting on my Boone's farm. I still can't taste or smell a damn thing so now would be the prefect time to have it.
Dude, thats good news. Glad to hear.

PM me your address. May have come across something i could send to you.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:41 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dude, thats good news. Glad to hear.

PM me your address. May have come across something i could send to you.
damn, you're a good guy.

seriously.
[Reply]
TLO 03:43 PM 07-21-2020

I've shared this story before but I'll share again.

My mom is a pharmacist and came down with coronavirus symptoms late February into early March. She had the dry cough, mild body aches, etc. She said the weirdest thing happened though and she lost her sense of taste and smell. She said that had never happened to her in her life. Ended up coming back after about 2-3 weeks, so hopefully yours returns soon.
[Reply]
O.city 03:44 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
damn, you're a good guy.

seriously.
Times are tough man, we gotta be nice to each other from time to time.
[Reply]
TLO 03:45 PM 07-21-2020
The President leaving us with a cliffhanger on "good news" regarding vaccines and theraputics.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:47 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've shared this story before but I'll share again.

My mom is a pharmacist and came down with coronavirus symptoms late February into early March. She had the dry cough, mild body aches, etc. She said the weirdest thing happened though and she lost her sense of taste and smell. She said that had never happened to her in her life. Ended up coming back after about 2-3 weeks, so hopefully yours returns soon.
Did she get antibody testing?

I am sure hoping so! Although changing my son's diapers has been fucking awesome! I also have been eating all the shit from the pantry I don't really care for. Last night was salmon and peas/carrots. Couldn't taste a fucking thing!
[Reply]
TLO 03:52 PM 07-21-2020
Did she get antibody testing?

I am sure hoping so! Although changing my son's diapers has been ****ing awesome! I also have been eating all the shit from the pantry I don't really care for. Last night was salmon and peas/carrots. Couldn't taste a ****ing thing!
She never did the antibody testing because she felt like it was too inaccurate. (At that time she was probably right, though I know the antibody tests have come a long way)

My Dad put her on cat box duty because he didn't feel like smelling cat shit and she couldn't smell so why not? :-)

Hearing you describe your symptoms reminds me to a T of what she experienced though. "Like a cold but a lot more tired" Plus the loss of taste and smell.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:53 PM 07-21-2020
Median age of those who have died =78
Over half the deaths have come from individuals in nursing homes.

:-)
In my county of 1.1 million people we have just jumped over the 100 mark for total Covid deaths and 88 hospitalized currently. I have been watching the numbers daily for the last few weeks and have noticed a decent spike but only this morning did I find out that we have a 2 story convalescent hospital that is racked with Covid patients with 130 infected with 12 deaths to date. Golly, maybe that was what has been responsible for our uptick recently? I feel horrible for the patients who are there but a bit relieved that our recent "spike" is mostly related to 1 institution. Prior to this I know that 15 of 19 deaths last month were all from assisted living housing as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:59 PM 07-21-2020
California set a new record for infections on Monday with 11,554 new cases.

The death toll is rising as well, from 91 per day last week to 99 per day this week.

I'm almost certain we're days from a new SIP order. :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:27 PM 07-21-2020
Took in my step daughter Monday morning to get tested, they asked if I wanted to get tested. So I said sure, so she doesn’t have it but apparently I do. Don’t know how that works
[Reply]
TLO 04:53 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Took in my step daughter Monday morning to get tested, they asked if I wanted to get tested. So I said sure, so she doesn’t have it but apparently I do. Don’t know how that works
How are you feeling?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:55 PM 07-21-2020
The President leaving us with a cliffhanger on "good news" regarding vaccines and theraputics.
He also said that it's going to get worse before it gets better...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:01 PM 07-21-2020
How are you feeling?

Been fine. I have been running my 5 miles a day and working around the house and farm. No symptoms that I can tell, only got tested since my stepdaughter might have it.

Really weird, don’t know if I actually have it or not. Figure I will call and talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks. Maybe get another test or just go on.
[Reply]
Page 2675 of 3903
« First < 1675217525752625266526712672267326742675 267626772678267926852725277531753675 > Last »
Up