ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 3903
« First < 167217257263264265266267 2682692702712773173677671267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:30 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I only know the basics, but my understanding is that the answer is yes, but not through a "normal" test. The tests they're administering now will tell if the virus is active in the person - they won't detect someone who has already had it and recovered. A different type of test in the future will tell us what percentage of people actually had it, but it won't be something that's administered to a ton of people - just to random samples so that the analysis can be done.

Yep plus the test is only 90% accurate. China has been doing multiple test per person, something like 4 tests in short period of time, to make sure since it has a 10% chance of not detecting it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:36 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Syphilis? :-)
No, I didn’t meet up with Vicki and Judy Vontell until just before the Super Bowl
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Read the article... it doesn't say absolutely every single person should stay home, one of the simulations shows only a quarter of people practicing 'social distancing'.
Good find and point.

No one is going to support some "martial law light" where people are forbidden from leaving their homes like Italy and Spain are implementing. If you don't know you have the coronavirus, Are we going to enforce quarantine? Even if its the best thing for America, I'd be against that. Taking away freedoms in crisis is not a path I'm going to support.

What if your sick but it just a regular seasonal cold/flu? Make them stay home? thats not who we are as a society.

Our best chance to flatten that curve is for 25%-50% of us to voluntarily practice social distancing,
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:38 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
OK, skiing would be non essential.....im in on that....and Curling. No damn curling.
This type of attitude is not going to help anything.
You have to be able to think and realize things such as cinemas, cafe's, restaurants, gas stations without pay at the pump as well as many other businesses and all those "Ag" businesses could be shut down for a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
wazu 09:42 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’ve also wondered how long it’s been here. Just before Christmas I had an illness I couldn’t shake, high fever and chills, dry cough, runny nose, a couple days I struggled to take full breaths. Finally went to urgent care after Christmas and was given a Z-Pack with no testing of any sort. Obviously I got through it, but it makes me wonder what I truly had.
I had something similar in January. As an asthmatic I thought it was just bronchitis from a chest cold. Ran a mild fever a couple of days. Finally got so that breathing was hard enough I was sure it had to be pneumonia, so on a Saturday morning I went to urgent care. Tested negative for the flu. X-ray showed no pneumonia. They put me through a breathing treatment, gave prednisone and antibiotics, and I went home. In about a week I was better.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:43 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Good find and point.

No one is going to support some "martial law light" where people are forbidden from leaving their homes like Italy and Spain are implementing. If you don't know you have the coronavirus, Are we going to enforce quarantine? Even if its the best thing for America, I'd be against that. Taking away freedoms in crisis is not a path I'm going to support.

What if your sick but it just a regular seasonal cold/flu? Make them stay home? thats not who we are as a society.

Our best chance to flatten that curve is for 25%-50% of us to voluntarily practice social distancing,
You have to be willing to make sacrifices for the betterment of the country sometimes.

The fact that you said 'even if it's best thing for America' then say you'd still be against it is crazy. It hows how selfish you are.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:47 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I had something similar in January. As an asthmatic I thought it was just bronchitis from a chest cold. Ran a mild fever a couple of days. Finally got so that breathing was hard enough I was sure it had to be pneumonia, so on a Saturday morning I went to urgent care. Tested negative for the flu. X-ray showed no pneumonia. They put me through a breathing treatment, gave prednisone and antibiotics, and I went home. In about a week I was better.
We have a surviver..
That had to freak you out when the Drs said you tested negative. Anyways. Glad you're OK and over it.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:47 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You have to be able to think and realize things such as cinemas, cafe's, restaurants, gas stations without pay at the pump as well as many other businesses and all those "Ag" businesses could be shut down for a couple of weeks.
Your posts make it clear you do not understand how the real world works.

You do not understand your own food supply.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:48 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You have to be willing to make sacrifices for the betterment of the country sometimes.

The fact that you said 'even if it's best thing for America' then say you'd still be against it is crazy. It hows how selfish you are.
No way can I respond to this without becoming political.

FTR, My family and I have been practicing social distancing since Thursday. And will for the duration.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:52 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
not gonna happen....maybe movie theaters would voluntarily....on the other hand with this virus, who is dumb enough to go to a movie theater? Livestock has to be fed, watered, cared for, gotta market them when appropriate....food has to get to tables
[Reply]
wazu 09:53 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
We have a surviver..
That had to freak you out when the Drs said you tested negative. Anyways. Glad you're OK and over it.
Thanks. The timeline of January seems too far back to be what it was, but who knows? I've had mild lingering asthma since, which is not normal for me in winter months.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:55 AM 03-15-2020
going to brunch and the grocery store

no fucks given
[Reply]
wazu 09:56 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

no fucks given
You fucking monster.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 AM 03-15-2020

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YALL pic.twitter.com/YiMepf3wXn

— ���������� ��. ���������� �� (@QTweetsMKE) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
Why Not? 09:58 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

no ****s given
Yeah stuff like that I’m not avoiding. I did call off on my scheduled pickup indoor basketball game today. That’s a bit much of sweat and spittle flying around for me.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 3903
« First < 167217257263264265266267 2682692702712773173677671267 > Last »
Up