ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 328
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:21 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
Everyone talks about Whit but Soler is the guy who won't be under team control when this team is supposed to be competitive. There's at least a chance that Whit will be. And there's no reason to think he's going to drop off suddenly at 30. He's a very versatile player.

The dumbest thing you can do is trade Whit just because. You're basically trading 4 years of team control for 6, so it better be good. Really good. I do think they'll trade him if they get a nice package of prospects though. Question is will anyone offer it?
Soler needs to play and build up some value. Right now.he is a better asset to us.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:54 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Phillips has looked like shit at the plate.Id rather see Lopez up as a middle infielder. I'd rather see Goodwin start in the OF.
It's still early. Just like the dipshits who were ready to write off Mondesi, you have to give a player the chance to succeed. Phillips hasn't had that much big league experience yet.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:27 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's still early. Just like the dipshits who were ready to write off Mondesi, you have to give a player the chance to succeed. Phillips hasn't had that much big league experience yet.
Maybe keep him as a 4th OFer but if he continues to struggle you cant hand him the opening day Cfer job. That should be Goodwins spot if Whit is at 2nd or traded.
[Reply]
tk13 02:43 PM 08-26-2018

They're bringing the cart out for Kelvin Herrera, who has suffered a serious lower left leg injury with 2 outs in the 9th and the Nationals up 15-0. Man, that's tough.

— Mark Zuckerman (@MarkZuckerman) August 26, 2018

[Reply]
TLO 03:23 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:

Damn. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:24 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Why waste our time keeping valuable assets on a 90 loss team (at best)? Trade Whit.
Trade him for what? You'd better get something pretty good to give up that much control.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:00 PM 08-26-2018
The SGAs are second to none.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:15 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Trade him for what? You'd better get something pretty good to give up that much control.
Well I'm going off the premise that one of the best 2B in baseball with 4 years of team control would fetch quite a haul.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:05 PM 08-26-2018
I say keep Whit with what he is worth to us and what we can get in exchange for him.
Just need to keep adding young fast players, plus defense and hit for average. Then luck on some pitching finally panning out.

The one I would move is salvy, if we can get a good haul.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:06 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I say keep Whit with what he is worth to us and what we can get in exchange for him.
Just need to keep adding young fast players, plus defense and hit for average. Then luck on some pitching finally panning out.

The one I would move is salvy, if we can get a good haul.
We need a complete over haul of how we develop pitchers. I'm not an expert or anything that's remotely close to an expert, but I don't think there are any pitchers in the system that have T.O.R ceilings. Just a bunch of 3's. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My point is that we will have to be extremely lucky to have multiple pitchers pan out. Winning like we did in 14 and 15 isn't gonna happen again. Having a bullpen like we had back then was a once a generation thing.

We need someone to over pay for Duffy in the offseason and hopefully get a pitcher that's been groomed good enough by a good organization and we can't ruin them. We should trade Salvy and or Whit for some pitching. We need lots of pitching.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:15 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I've never understood the fetish to trade good players for potential. Most times it doesn't work out.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:20 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
We need a complete over haul of how we develop pitchers. I'm not an expert or anything that's remotely close to an expert, but I don't think there are any pitchers in the system that have T.O.R ceilings. Just a bunch of 3's. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My point is that we will have to be extremely lucky to have multiple pitchers pan out. Winning like we did in 14 and 15 isn't gonna happen again. Having a bullpen like we had back then was a once a generation thing.

We need someone to over pay for Duffy in the offseason and hopefully get a pitcher that's been groomed good enough by a good organization and we can't ruin them. We should trade Salvy and or Whit for some pitching. We need lots of pitching.
I think the 2 guys we just drafted in the 1st have #1 or #2 upside.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:22 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I've never understood the fetish to trade good players for potential. Most times it doesn't work out.
It used to work but teams over value prospects these days..much like several posters.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:30 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think the 2 guys we just drafted in the 1st have #1 or #2 upside.
Yes, until our system ruins them lol. I honestly forgot all about them when writing the post.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:32 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yes, until our system ruins them lol. I honestly forgot all about them when writing the post.
I think half of our top 10-12 prospects are arms.. so let's hope a few pan out.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 328
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Up