ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2660 of 2695
« First < 1660216025602610265026562657265826592660 26612662266326642670 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:30 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I wonder how much of that is Andy Reid too. It sure as hell seems like Andy’s playcalling is too cutesy and tentative early in games. When you’re down in the 2nd half, you gotta stop calling the bullshit horizontal plays that don’t go anywhere. The scoreboard forces Andy to be more aggressive.

These trailing situations also force a more aggressive tempo where they snap the ball much earlier in the play clock. Mahomes is pretty much unstoppable in the hurry up, no huddle offense. I wish Andy would use it more often.
I think some of that is setting up looks for later or at the very least not showing all of your cards until you need to..... do you want Bosa to ignore everything else that's going on in the world and tackle Pacheco 3 yards behind the LoS on a play that could win or lose the SB?

Well, you either already know he will and don't want him to know you'll use it to your advantage and risk him adjusting.... or you show him some looks/plays that make him look foolish later on in the game.

Do you want corndog to work when you need a wide open receiver late in the game? Again, you either already know it'll work, but don't want to play that card until you really need it, or you use motion/looks/plays early so you can fool them later.

And against the Bills, they were gaining damn near 10 yards/play and knew they had to keep scoring, so they didn't even have to play those games.... and against the Ravens, I'm sure they wanted to go up early and force Lamar out of the run game, so the offense looked like the Chiefs offense of yesteryear early.

I think they played the long game against the 49ers though and kept to their script. And maybe that's one reason they looked so tight early... it's more 'scripted football' than just going out there and winning a game.

Obviously, it doesn't mean they don't want to score early, but I also have to assume Reid and Mahomes are smart enough to already know a 2nd and 12 screen to Kelce isn't the greatest play call ever.... we all want them to go for the jugular after a turnover, but they're sticking to the plan even when 1st down gets blown up and 2nd down is a damn screen.... and while I hate those calls on 2nd and long, I make up this narrative to feel better about it. :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 09:52 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think some of that is setting up looks for later or at the very least not showing all of your cards until you need to..... do you want Bosa to ignore everything else that's going on in the world and tackle Pacheco 3 yards behind the LoS on a play that could win or lose the SB?

Well, you either already know he will and don't want him to know you'll use it to your advantage and risk him adjusting.... or you show him some looks/plays that make him look foolish later on in the game.

Do you want corndog to work when you need a wide open receiver late in the game? Again, you either already know it'll work, but don't want to play that card until you really need it, or you use motion/looks/plays early so you can fool them later.

And against the Bills, they were gaining damn near 10 yards/play and knew they had to keep scoring, so they didn't even have to play those games.... and against the Ravens, I'm sure they wanted to go up early and force Lamar out of the run game, so the offense looked like the Chiefs offense of yesteryear early.

I think they played the long game against the 49ers though and kept to their script. And maybe that's one reason they looked so tight early... it's more 'scripted football' than just going out there and winning a game.

Obviously, it doesn't mean they don't want to score early, but I also have to assume Reid and Mahomes are smart enough to already know a 2nd and 12 screen to Kelce isn't the greatest play call ever.... we all want them to go for the jugular after a turnover, but they're sticking to the plan even when 1st down gets blown up and 2nd down is a damn screen.... and while I hate those calls on 2nd and long, I make up this narrative to feel better about it. :-)
Yep. A lot of the shit they run in games is to set something up later. Later in the drive, later in the game, later in the season. Hell he's set stuff up just for the Super Bowl. Even I forget sometimes that there's a chess game going on between the coaches/coordinators. Reid is a grandmaster.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:15 AM 02-17-2024
I'd bet my house that if San Fran had scored a TD and then we score a TD. Reid and Mahomes said they would have went for the win. He'd run corn dog for the win.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:25 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'd bet my house that if San Fran had scored a TD and then we score a TD. Reid and Mahomes said they would have went for the win. He'd run corn dog for the win.
pretty sure reid said we’d have gone for two. there was never gonna be a third possession
[Reply]
neech 11:24 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I bet your house is worth at least 500 grand
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:51 PM 02-17-2024
Check out the arm on "Lil Mahomes"

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:35 PM 02-17-2024

Patrick Mahomes plays better than anyone

✅ in the playoffs
✅ playing from behind
✅ in the clutch
✅ on 3rd or 4th down

Flat out, he delivers when you need him to, better than anyone in the history of the game. pic.twitter.com/FqcTZcmeSV

— coop (@LocalLegendCoop) February 16, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:04 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Check out the arm on "Lil Mahomes"

:-)

how much fucking money are this kid's parents dropping for him to be QB3 at a state college as his likely ceiling
[Reply]
Pinchshot 04:05 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You can throw out every other stat for QBs. This is all that matters.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:21 PM 02-17-2024
Forget about the first 3 quarters. In the 4th he's the best ever period. 3 times he kills it in the SB in the 4th. Not even close. He is the best ever.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:29 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Forget about the first 3 quarters. In the 4th he's the best ever period. 3 times he kills it in the SB in the 4th. Not even close. He is the best ever.
Made insane plays all over the field against Tampa as well. A few drops on superman throws
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:32 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
And overtime.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:35 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

how much fucking money are this kid's parents dropping for him to be QB3 at a state college as his likely ceiling
Yeah these 10 year old phenoms seldom pan out.. All the other kids catch up and they stay the same..
[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 02-17-2024
I appreciate that he's never gone full bitch bag on the field during a game like John Elway did because the crowd was too loud. Knowing Mahomes at this point, he takes opposing fans' screams personally and thrills at shutting them up.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:41 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah these 10 year old phenoms seldom pan out.. All the other kids catch up and they stay the same..
Agreed. I don’t get the sense Mahomes was pushed in a strong way by his parents. He didn’t take football seriously until age 16 or 17. He played a bunch of different sports and was pretty damn good at all of them. His family said he was a better basketball player than anything else.

I think the multi-sport childhood has played a major role in Patrick’s success. You can see elements of baseball and basketball in how he plays on the football field. Maybe even soccer elements in his game too.
[Reply]
Page 2660 of 2695
« First < 1660216025602610265026562657265826592660 26612662266326642670 > Last »
Up