ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 3903
« First < 165215255261262263264265 2662672682692753153657651265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 07:34 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There would still be masses meeting up and spreading it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
It's true, but the simulations in this article are really cool at demonstrating how much better things are as you increase the percentage of people who are social distancing.

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
The most interesting article on Covid-19 you will read/see today....

Why Outbreaks Like Covid-19 Spread Exponentially, and How to "Flatten the Curve"

Really fascinating simulations in there if you are a math geek....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ource=facebook

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:42 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
good morning all. Hoping for a healthy day.
Good morning and same to you, sir!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:45 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
just do it

Do what?

This idea we have a 14 day shutdown....shutdown exactly meaning?

Its absurd, unenforceable, and unrealistic
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:56 AM 03-15-2020
I want to hear from a true Doomsday prepper on how much they have put away.
[Reply]
loochy 07:57 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So what's actually happening to him? He has a fever and body aches (duh, because body aches come with fever). Of course they're looking at his O2 sat and temp...that should be done with the flu anyway. They gave him prophylactic antibiotics to ward off any secondary bacterial infections and they're just trying the malaria meds because COVID19 replicates in the same way that malaria does.

So why is this post worded so threateningly?

There's this too, so should we pretend everything is ok?

pic.twitter.com/N80c1tSSxE

— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) March 13, 2020

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:22 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
So what's actually happening to him? He has a fever and body aches (duh, because body aches come with fever). Of course they're looking at his O2 sat and temp...that should be done with the flu anyway. They gave him prophylactic antibiotics to ward off any secondary bacterial infections and they're just trying the malaria meds because COVID19 replicates in the same way that malaria does.
SARS-CoV-2 does not replicate the same way malaria does. Malaria is a plasmodial infection caused by a parasite which lies dormant in the liver before infecting red blood cells. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus that uses a viral spike to attach to ACE2 receptors, wherein a protease cleaves the spike that allows a fusion peptide to attach, thereby allowing viral entry into the cell.
[Reply]
loochy 08:26 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
SARS-CoV-2 does not replicate the same way malaria does. Malaria is a plasmodial infection caused by a parasite which lies dormant in the liver before infecting red blood cells. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus that uses a viral spike to attach to ACE2 receptors, wherein a protease cleaves the spike that allows a fusion peptide to attach, thereby allowing viral entry into the cell.
Heh, sorry. It was an explanation I read last night about why malaria meds are being tried
[Reply]
patteeu 08:28 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm guessing people are downvoting it because it's "political," which I get.

As we've acknowledged, there's a ton of grey area here. My personal opinion is that factual news about Trump and the administration's response is welcome in this thread. It would be very difficult to avoid it entirely. Posts that second-guess said response or try to get into the blame game are not.
There will still be some close calls, I'm sure, but that's a good standard IMO.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:34 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Heh, sorry. It was an explanation I read last night about why malaria meds are being tried
Malarial meds are being tried to limit specific, deleterious inflammatory effects (of which there are many) of the immune response to infection. Plaquenil is actually an immunosuppressive drug more commonly used for rheumatoid arthritis than malaria.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:34 AM 03-15-2020
Gov of Minnesota to unveil plan for schools at 10 am.

He was a teacher.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:38 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's true, but the simulations in this article are really cool at demonstrating how much better things are as you increase the percentage of people who are social distancing.
I totally agree with what you are saying, but below is where the problem with that lies. It is unfortunate but true.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
what up darwin

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:41 AM 03-15-2020
I totally agree with what you are saying, but below is where the problem with that lies. It is unfortunate but true.
It has been done successfully before. Look at the difference in mortality between St. Louis and Philadelphia during the 1918 flu.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:48 AM 03-15-2020
There would still be masses meeting up and spreading it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Probably

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Do what?

This idea we have a 14 day shutdown....shutdown exactly meaning?

Its absurd, unenforceable, and unrealistic

I assume a federal mandate to close all schools and domestic travel (airlines and Amtrac) for 14 days at the very minimum which is doable and enforceable but it would do alot of damage to the economy in the short turn.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:03 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
just do it

In the same Meet the Press interview Fauci didn’t see a big problem with the chaotic crowds at the airports returning from Europe.

So thousands of people congregating close together after returning from Europe is not a problem but we now have to close all restaurants... including small restaurants or restaurants that have drive-thru/delivery options?

Fauci can stop with his fear-mongering now after this blatant display of inconsistency/hypocrisy.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:04 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I want to hear from a true Doomsday prepper on how much they have put away.
5 oil lamps that will burn anything from lamp oil to old Italian dressing.
Colmon stoves and lanterns. Will burn pump gas or Colman fuel.
Meat locker is full
Toilet paper
Canned foods
Beans and rice from Y2k still good to go
Vehicles i dont drive. Are filled with gas and used to hold 40 plus gallons of gas for generators ect.
Ammo,guns, pellet rifle ect.
Batteries
Wood burning stove was installed years ago.
Thats the jist
[Reply]
Page 265 of 3903
« First < 165215255261262263264265 2662672682692753153657651265 > Last »
Up