ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 663
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 06:21 PM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Throw away?
If the UFC hypothetically fed him to the spider 2 weight classes up with less than a week's notice, that seems to be a very stupid move to me. At this point he's won too many matches in a row, they are going to force him to stick with the plan until he loses. They can use him to headline a Fight Night or co-main a PPV later this year against Khabib.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:24 PM 01-28-2015
Dana White was on Jim Rome, and some great quotes came out of that.

Dana White on Nick Diaz's disappearing act: ‘I did it to myself’

Originally Posted by :
"First of all, we have a show called UFC Embedded, they showed up there Sunday to start filming him -- couldn't find him. We went through his management team and they set it up, they said ‘what we'll do is we'll set up a team dinner, you guys can film at the team dinner.'

"None of them showed up at the team dinner, then nobody answered their phones when the guys started calling. So then yesterday Nick was supposed to land in Las Vegas at 2:20. He missed his flight. His management team called and said, ‘book him another flight at 7:30.' Not only did he miss the first one, he missed the second flight. His bags made it to Vegas and he never did."

"The problem is this: it's too late," White said. "I already made the fight. We're sitting here on Wednesday. There's a lot of things he doesn't show up for, but he always shows up for the fights, so I'm counting on him showing up.

"I did it to myself again. I made a fight with Nick Diaz, a big main event fight. You know, when you get him in the office and you sit down, and he's like, ‘Well, you know, I feel like I haven't been paid right. Pay me right.' He's being paid right for this fight. It doesn't matter how much you pay him, he's not going to... I did it to myself, so I can't sit here and cry about Nick Diaz. It's Nick being Nick."

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:26 PM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
If the UFC hypothetically fed him to the spider 2 weight classes up with less than a week's notice, that seems to be a very stupid move to me. At this point he's won too many matches in a row, they are going to force him to stick with the plan until he loses. They can use him to headline a Fight Night or co-main a PPV later this year against Khabib.
Shit, my bad. Forgot he was 155 for a moment. I'm not sure given Silva's injury, age, and he was declining before the injury if anyone is really being fed to him. He's like a box of chocolates right now.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:06 PM 01-28-2015

#UFC183 headliner @NickDiaz209 is in the building and has officially begun Fight Week! #WeFoundNick https://t.co/P3FCXWfa33

— UFC (@ufc) January 29, 2015

[Reply]
Jerm 09:32 PM 01-28-2015
Well they had to drum some sort of buzz and interest for this fight since Nick wouldn't do it for them...very calculated move Dana.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:14 PM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Well they had to drum some sort of buzz and interest for this fight since Nick wouldn't do it for them...very calculated move Dana.
I really don't think this is a bit. Sure, they are kinda harping on it now to drum up any kind of interest in the PPV, but I believe they expected him to be in Vegas this afternoon.

I'm thinking his agent/management read him the riot act when he missed the 2nd flight.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:22 PM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I really don't think this is a bit. Sure, they are kinda harping on it now to drum up any kind of interest in the PPV, but I believe they expected him to be in Vegas this afternoon.

I'm thinking his agent/management read him the riot act when he missed the 2nd flight.
Given past history I really can't see Nick participating in any type of promotional gags.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:39 PM 01-30-2015
Looks like I'll be getting the PPV after all. Couple people want to see it on my new TV, and are willing to split the cost.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:41 PM 01-30-2015
Weidman had a rib injury, the fight against Belfort is off.

Rousey vs. Zingano will headline now and Holly Holm's fight will be the co main....oof, goodbye buyrate.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:56 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Weidman had a rib injury, the fight against Belfort is off.

Rousey vs. Zingano will headline now and Holly Holm's fight will be the co main....oof, goodbye buyrate.
Yeesh.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 06:58 PM 01-30-2015
Women headliners? So much fail!
[Reply]
alnorth 07:01 PM 01-30-2015
Well, crap. Oh well, I'm committed to ufc 184, got a trip planned already to see it with my brothers (also ufc fans).
[Reply]
alnorth 07:03 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Women headliners? So much fail!
Its still a very interesting fight that I want to see. If Cat goes down, then Rousey has pretty much cleaned out the division, but man I was looking forward to Weidman and Belfort.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:05 PM 01-30-2015
Gastelum was TEN pounds over at the weigh ins and rumor is that the fight vs TWood tomorrow night is off.

What a clown....
[Reply]
alnorth 07:12 PM 01-30-2015
TEN DAMNED POUNDS?!?

Holy crap. Well that fight's off, and the card suffers a bit. I'm guessing Tate moves up into the PPV?

edit: and Lineker was over by 5 pounds.

edit2: Apparently the fight is actually still on after "extensive" negotiations and 30% fine that goes to Woodley.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 663
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Up