ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 295
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:26 PM 10-20-2022
It's just to easy to find them later.

That's the issue. If you're a SB contender, you likely have really good players elsewhere and to stay a contender, you aren't gonna be able to sign them all. So take a guy that you could actually get some value out of as a DE or a WR or whatever spot that's hard to find later in the draft.

The other issue is a first round pick is someone you hope you can give a second contract to. If the RB hits, you aren't likely gonna wanna pay him anyway.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:27 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Using CEH as evidence against picking RBs in the first is smooth-brained logic. He was over drafted based off his measurables alone. First round RB's should be of a certain size/speed, with outstanding production in college
Vision would be nice too, and any actual RB instincts.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:30 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

That's the issue. If you're a SB contender, you likely have really good players elsewhere and to stay a contender, you aren't gonna be able to sign them all. So take a guy that you could actually get some value out of as a DE or a WR or whatever spot that's hard to find later in the draft.

The other issue is a first round pick is someone you hope you can give a second contract to. If the RB hits, you aren't likely gonna wanna pay him anyway.
Not with RBs where you can safely plan to use them for 5 years then let them walk. Or even trade them to some stupid team like the Texans.

Another argument is it's going to be tough to find a pro-bowl-level DE at #32. But you should be able to find a pro-bowl RB at #32 easily (if you don't screw the pooch).
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Not with RBs where you can safely plan to use them for 5 years then let them walk. Or even trade them to some stupid team like the Texans.

Another argument is it's going to be tough to find a pro-bowl-level DE at #32. But you should be able to find a pro-bowl RB at #32 easily (if you don't screw the pooch).
Take a G then or a CB.

Just dont' take a RB in the first round. Ever.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 12:32 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
CEH hasn't lived up to my expectations but there is still football to be played. He has done some good things but the big thing is for him to hit the hole and that shouldn't be hard behind this line. I'm not giving up on him even if I curbed my expectations. I just expected him play above his rookie season and hasn't happened yet. I think they need to work harder at establishing the run because our book end tackles suck in pass protection but better at run blocking. Keep rotating the backs Keep them fresh for the playoffs. I want to save McKinnon as much as possible for playoffs.
He's a turd
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 10-20-2022
CEH played on an offense with NFL dudes everywhere around him. The QB, the WRs etc.

He just never translated to the NFL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 10-20-2022
EB called out clyde

almost time to kick his ass down the road
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:34 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
EB called out clyde

almost time to kick his ass down the road
When?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:35 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
When?

#Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy on the running game: "We've left a lot of yards. We've left a lot of rushing yards and passing yards. . . It just goes back to going back to the basics. . . We have to make sure we maximize the opportunities presented by running the football."

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) October 20, 2022

[Reply]
New World Order 12:36 PM 10-20-2022
So he basically called out everyone.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:40 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So he basically called out everyone.
Seems like he tried to call out the RB's as a whole but soften the blow by saying both running and passing.
[Reply]
Ken Bone 12:41 PM 10-20-2022
I wish we had EB in his prime, he was a much better RB than CEH. I think it's time to move on from CEH.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Seems like he tried to call out the RB's as a whole but soften the blow by saying both running and passing.
That's how I read it.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:18 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

The odds are very low that you can find a Christian McCaffrey in the later rounds
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:31 PM 10-20-2022
Words are nice but I'd like to see some action. This is getting ridiculous. CEH clearly isn't the answer at RB. He's too slow and doesn't have the ability to break many tackles other than a few plays here and there.

Move on from CEH and give his carries to Pacheco and McKinnon.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 295
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Up