ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 3903
« First < 162212252258259260261262 2632642652662723123627621262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 10:00 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
If I recall correctly, you work with folks with special needs, correct? In all likelihood your organization will implement special precautions because many in that population have a lot of underlying medical conditions as well. You'll probably be safer at work than pretty much any place else.
Yes sir. And I have all the drive and passion in the world for these individuals. I know I've said it over and over again, but I'm scared. I'm scared for my individuals, I'm scared for my family, I'm scared for myself.

We have precautions going into our homes, but it doesn't feel like enough. It doesn't feel like we're doing enough to keep our office clean either..

I don't care how bad my anxiety gets, I won't abandon them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I have to work from home for the foreseeable future, my job didn’t give me the option lol.
I’ve been doing remote work for 6/7 years. Way better than fighting traffic.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:02 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
The title of this thread is literally "NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 DISCUSSION". How fucking hard is it to read?!? There are several threads in the D.C form to post this. Leave it out of here and nobody else will post about the disasters of single payer healthcare either.
It is the rule for the Lounge but the thread title was changed this evening. His post was over 2 weeks ago.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:07 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is the rule for the Lounge but the thread title was changed this evening. His post was over 2 weeks ago.
Definitely a weird quote/bump

Thanks for tagging the OP, DaFace. Really cleaned up the reading process.
[Reply]
007 10:13 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Oh hell, it just dawned on me that Omaha's $130M baseball stadium that only gets used for two weeks out of the year, may not even get used for that two weeks this year. I'm sure the city will increase taxes yet again because of it as well.
Keep telling you to move down here
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:17 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes sir. And I have all the drive and passion in the world for these individuals. I know I've said it over and over again, but I'm scared. I'm scared for my individuals, I'm scared for my family, I'm scared for myself.

We have precautions going into our homes, but it doesn't feel like enough. It doesn't feel like we're doing enough to keep our office clean either..

I don't care how bad my anxiety gets, I won't abandon them.
Just take a deep breath. You and your family are going to be just fine. The reality is that for the vast, vast majority of those who do get Covid-19 (and there are many, many more negative tests than positive ones) is that is very mild.
[Reply]
007 10:19 PM 03-14-2020
How do you all feel about quitting your job if workingfrom home isn't an option?
I wish I could work from home
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:21 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
So they wasted the rest of their tests on the OKC players? Because I don't see how you don't test both teams at that point.

Also, how ****ed up is it that an entire state only has 100 tests a day?

Meanwhile.

Next week: Governor Stitt has tested positive for coronavirus. He is in self-quarantine.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:22 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Just take a deep breath. You and your family are going to be just fine. The reality is that for the vast, vast majority of those who do get Covid-19 (and there are many, many more negative tests than positive ones) is that is very mild.
I second that. If you are feeling super anxious it would be a good time to take a step back and unplug from the news.
[Reply]
TLO 10:23 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
I wish I could work from home
Me too, buddy. But we'll get through this.
[Reply]
TLO 10:24 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I second that. If you are feeling super anxious it would be a good time to take a step back and unplug from the news.
Health anxiety (GAD and Panic DIsorder) combined with OCD is a bitch.

I wish I could turn it off and unplug, I just can't bring myself to do it.
[Reply]
007 10:25 PM 03-14-2020
Me too, buddy. But we'll get through this.
Eh. I'm not really overly worried. I'd just love to work from home.
[Reply]
TLO 10:26 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Eh. I'm not really overly worried. I'd just love to work from home.
:-)

Fair enough.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:29 PM 03-14-2020
Health anxiety (GAD and Panic DIsorder) combined with OCD is a bitch.

I wish I could turn it off and unplug, I just can't bring myself to do it.
I'm sorry to hear that. There are some great resources available for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy online.

Also realize, that you are intelligent, and are taking this seriously, and will do what is possible to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. That's all you can do, and it's enough.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:32 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Hoboken, NJ instituting a curfew...wonder how quickly other parts of the county adapt this.
What does this accomplish? Not saying it isn’t a good idea, just trying to figure out what the net result is to have a curfew (presumably at night). I guess it will further depress bars and strip clubs...
[Reply]
Page 262 of 3903
« First < 162212252258259260261262 2632642652662723123627621262 > Last »
Up