ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 263
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Chiefs vs Patriots Game Day Thread***
FAX 11:10 PM 10-13-2018
Episode 6 begins as the Gunslinger Of The Plains saddles up and travels to the Northeast in order to confront a die-nasty that has been offending mankind's sensibilities for far too long.

After decades of nefarious skullduggery, the Chiefs have seen enough and enter the den of the evil ones to put an end to their venal machinations.

And, when it's all said and done, the power of good prevails - defeating arrogant, duplicitous mendacity on national television as the Red & Gold leaves Foxborough victorious once more. Amen.

And now, a poetatum ...

There once was a team that we knew
Was hard to defeat or subdue
But today the Chiefs neuter
An old man's pea shooter
To turn a goat into a ewe

Go Chiefs.

(Sorry if re-post.)
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
And he won't. He has ZERO ****ing loyalty or heart to give to this team. He's been ****ing worthless since his signing, and I am just completely done with the ****ing prick. Leave KC and go be worthless. Go be great! I don't give a ****! Just get...the ****...OFF...of my roster.
I don't understand the CP wisdom that Berry is just a pansy who won't play. The guy has battled against plenty in his career and lacking heart is not anything you can associate with him. Being injury prone is not a heart issue. Rupturing an achilles is not a heart issue. Having a bone deformity on your heel that needs surgery is not a heart issue.

Did his contract turn into an albatross, sure. But 100% of us were in favor of at least giving him an extension at the time.

You can't blame Berry for those things and you can't blame him for the fact that the Chiefs front office, past and present, have let the defense rot into the state it's in.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:03 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy needs to stop denying how awful this defense is and make in-game strategic decisions accordingly.

On that last drive, the message should have been if you get beat for a big play, let the Patriots score a TD to give Mahomes/the offense time to get the ball back and try to tie it up.

That type of unorthodox strategy is the Chiefs’ reality until things improve with the defense.
He should have known not to punt on that late fourth down. If I have the choice between the offense making five yards versus the defense not losing the game by giving up numerous horrific plays, I'd bet on the offense 100 times out of 100.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by cdcox:
18 years. Not 10.
Why 18? Rule changes protecting QBs?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:57 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I don't understand the CP wisdom that Berry is just a pansy who won't play. The guy has battled against plenty in his career and lacking heart is not anything you can associate with him. Being injury prone is not a heart issue. Rupturing an achilles is not a heart issue. Having a bone deformity on your heel that needs surgery is not a heart issue.

Did his contract turn into an albatross, sure. But 100% of us were in favor of at least giving him an extension at the time.

You can't blame Berry for those things and you can't blame him for the fact that the Chiefs front office, past and present, have let the defense rot into the state it's in.
Well then, let me spell it out for you, Eli:

Eric Berry should have listened to his father. His father made the case during or before the negotiations that KC as a community supports its stars long after the playing years are over, something that not every NFL franchise can truly claim. If the former Chief has a cause? We support it. If they have a hard time or tragedy? We get behind them and help in any way we can.
Berry acted as if we had insulted him. God bless him for winning his fight with cancer and for being an inspiration( and at times help )for others going through that horrible ordeal and fight, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that there could be future complications which would be wise to acknowledge and address before handing Berry the keys to the vault.
And he took that as if were unappreciative or not understanding of what he had accomplished in his personal battle, when the fact is that the Chiefs supported him financially in ways they were not even REQUIRED to because this franchise does not turn its back on family. And Berry was absolutely family to the Chiefs.
And how did he treat his extended family? Like some ruthless corporation that had to be ardently watched, exposed, and brought down if they didn't acquiesce to his every wish. The protection clause(s) in the contract may have been "bad form" to his agent and to some inside and outside of the franchise, but it was 100% the right thing to stipulate given the overall situation!
And now, not only are we saddled with a disaster of a contract, but the player himself seems to have no problem whatsoever in keeping his street clothes warm on game day. He certainly doesn't radiate the presence of an injured player who is just absolutely grief-stricken over not being able to play and contribute to his teams' efforts, nor has he released any press to MY knowledge expressing as much either. Is he a "pansy" as some have accused and as you point out? Hardly.

Is he a hungry Safety chomping at the bit to suit up and destroy worlds? Well, I'm not seeing THAT either. And it's a bad look for a guy who has spent years on this team working to be and then BECOMING a leader during Peeholi's era, refining and expanding that leadership during Reid's tenure, and then going AWOL shortly after the Chiefs had met his demands.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:03 AM 10-15-2018

IN DEPTH BREAKDOWN: TOM BRADY WEEK 6 pic.twitter.com/E2AJ2hp5Xe

— Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkJo3y) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
ROYC75 12:34 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Well then, let me spell it out for you, Eli:

Eric Berry should have listened to his father. His father made the case during or before the negotiations that KC as a community supports its stars long after the playing years are over, something that not every NFL franchise can truly claim. If the former Chief has a cause? We support it. If they have a hard time or tragedy? We get behind them and help in any way we can.
Berry acted as if we had insulted him. God bless him for winning his fight with cancer and for being an inspiration( and at times help )for others going through that horrible ordeal and fight, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that there could be future complications which would be wise to acknowledge and address before handing Berry the keys to the vault.
And he took that as if were unappreciative or not understanding of what he had accomplished in his personal battle, when the fact is that the Chiefs supported him financially in ways they were not even REQUIRED to because this franchise does not turn its back on family. And Berry was absolutely family to the Chiefs.
And how did he treat his extended family? Like some ruthless corporation that had to be ardently watched, exposed, and brought down if they didn't acquiesce to his every wish. The protection clause(s) in the contract may have been "bad form" to his agent and to some inside and outside of the franchise, but it was 100% the right thing to stipulate given the overall situation!
And now, not only are we saddled with a disaster of a contract, but the player himself seems to have no problem whatsoever in keeping his street clothes warm on game day. He certainly doesn't radiate the presence of an injured player who is just absolutely grief-stricken over not being able to play and contribute to his teams' efforts, nor has he released any press to MY knowledge expressing as much either. Is he a "pansy" as some have accused and as you point out? Hardly.

Is he a hungry Safety chomping at the bit to suit up and destroy worlds? Well, I'm not seeing THAT either. And it's a bad look for a guy who has spent years on this team working to be and then BECOMING a leader during Peeholi's era, refining and expanding that leadership during Reid's tenure, and then going AWOL shortly after the Chiefs had met his demands.
:-)

Clark and EB's agent secured EB's financial contract, it's not about the KC community and the organization taking care of injured players.

Your next job, you going to let them low ball your wages about great company, we got ya back if ...... all while they low ball ya.

Well no, if the company gives you what you want and then some, you going to feel good and give it back to the company as if they made a mistake?

No. You are taking the money!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:07 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
This is infuriating to watch.
I don't understand why they willingly engage with the offensive line. OK, on a goal line play, or a 3rd or 4th & 1, I can understand, but they consistently take themselves out of the play. It just makes no damn sense.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:38 AM 10-15-2018
Chiefs have a nice looking schedule ahead the Pats is a Nightmare. More worried about the chargers on our tails.

Time for coaches to earn their money and crank out another win streak before the Rams game.
[Reply]
bevischief 04:47 AM 10-15-2018
Sutton defense, need a good clean cleanse, we got it 1800 Arrowhead drive.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:11 AM 10-15-2018
This is not a passive aggressive cyber nut punch... yes, the defense has issues and that will ultimately limit the team when it matters in the playoffs. But, that offense is fun as hell to watch. Mahomes, Hill and Hunt can put on a damn show.

You guys have a lot to look forward to with Mahomes, dude is crazy good.

At some point, Brady has to start looking old, right? That game is an instant classic.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:21 AM 10-15-2018
Not with one eye Sutton on defense.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:44 AM 10-15-2018
I work at Hyvee and know enough bakers to be sure he get a nice cake.
[Reply]
scho63 06:00 AM 10-15-2018
Tom Brady had about 6-8 seconds to throw every time he dropped back. If you think you can stop a HOF QB from completing passes with your swiss cheese defensive secondary when you allow him that much time, you are delusional; very, very delusional.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:03 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tom Brady had about 6-8 seconds to throw every time he dropped back. If you think you can stop a HOF QB from completing passes with your swiss cheese defensive secondary when you allow him that much time, you are delusional; very, very delusional.
You can't rush "our" 3 and think it's enough. The DC needs to work a LOT harder on masking a blitz, but bring at least one extra on those plays. THAT'S what a good DC learns to do, bring pressure and keep the offense guessing at to where it's coming from this time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:30 AM 10-15-2018
We got the strip sack rushing 3 - with two delayed rushers when he started scrambling.
[Reply]
Page 261 of 263
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263 >
Up