ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 192
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:27 PM 12-21-2023
I'm still holding on to a glimmer of hope that Ross breaks out for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:54 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They don't need to go out of their way to fix the WR room at all costs, that's why we're here in the first place.

They blasted the OL and the defense with money and picks and tried to go cheap somewhere. It backfired.

Don't go overboard. Just keep adding everywhere and let the chips fall where they may.
If we went with your Aiyuk trade what would you expect to give up, and how would that allow you to add good players across the board?
[Reply]
kccrow 06:00 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I think the results from this year should hopefully show Veach that he just needs to fix the room, no matter what. If part of fixing the room means drafting a guy and then signing an older veteran like Ridley, Evans, or Boyd to a 2-3 year deal then so be it. I'm not sure we can rely on past results in this case to predict what Veach will do.
He might need to fix the room but they've never picked up an old vet during Reid's tenure that I can recall. Watkins, JuJu, and Watson were all 26 when they were signed. Richie James might be the oldest at 28. I'd say the chances of signing a 30-31 year-old WR is pretty slim at best and probably null.

I'd say this is the list we're looking at (I'll highlight the ones I personally think they'd be most interested in):

Curtis Samuel (28)
DJ Chark (28)
Parris Campbell (27)
Marquise Brown (27)
Noah Brown (28)
Tee Higgins (25)
Michael Pittman Jr (27)
Laviska Shenault (26)
Trent Sherfield (28)
Chase Claypool (26)
Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (27)
Equamineous St. Brown (28)
Olamide Zaccheaus (27)
Scott Miller (27)
Jalen Guyton (27)
Devin Duvernay (27)
Lil'Jordan Humphrey (26)
Miles Boykin (28)
Jalen Reagor (25)
Gabriel Davis (25)
Darnell Mooney (27)
K.J. Osborn (27)
Donovan Peoples-Jones (25)
Quez Watkins (26)

Higgins and Pittman are going to cost some money that I don't know that we'll go for signing.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:10 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He might need to fix the room but they've never picked up an old vet during Reid's tenure that I can recall. Watkins, JuJu, and Watson were all 26 when they were signed. Richie James might be the oldest at 28. I'd say the chances of signing a 30-31 year-old WR is pretty slim at best and probably null.

I'd say this is the list we're looking at (I'll highlight the ones I personally think they'd be most interested in):

Curtis Samuel (28)
DJ Chark (28)
Parris Campbell (27)
Marquise Brown (27)
Noah Brown (28)
Tee Higgins (25)
Michael Pittman Jr (27)
Laviska Shenault (26)
Trent Sherfield (28)
Chase Claypool (26)
Olamide Zaccheaus (27)
Scott Miller (27)
Jalen Guyton (27)
Devin Duvernay (27)
Lil'Jordan Humphrey (26)
Miles Boykin (28)
Jalen Reagor (25)
Gabriel Davis (25)
Darnell Mooney (27)
K.J. Osborn (27)
Quez Watkins (26)

Higgins and Pittman are going to cost some money that I don't know that we'll go for signing.
In many cases I can see the merit of not sinking money into older FAs, and maybe they'll stick to their guns on that, but I think it's a mistake to be so stubborn that they won't waiver at all. In hindsight it's pretty clear that DeAndre Hopkins absolutely should have been acquired either through trade or FA. IMO it would show a lot of hubris and arrogance to not do some self-reflection and change how they go about certain aspects of their strategy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:24 AM 12-22-2023
Also, the Chiefs have never drafted a WR in the 1st rd under Reid, but we're very possibly expecting that to change this coming year. KC had never drafted a CB in the 1st prior to McDuffie. Can't always rely on the past to predict future results.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 12-22-2023
Curtis Samuel is still only 28?

Didn't he sign with Washington like 7 years ago? Time has no meaning for me anymore...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:20 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Curtis Samuel (28)
DJ Chark (28)
Parris Campbell (27)
Marquise Brown (27)
Noah Brown (28)
Tee Higgins (25)
Michael Pittman Jr (27)
Laviska Shenault (26)
Trent Sherfield (28)
Chase Claypool (26)
Olamide Zaccheaus (27)
Scott Miller (27)
Jalen Guyton (27)
Devin Duvernay (27)
Lil'Jordan Humphrey (26)
Miles Boykin (28)
Jalen Reagor (25)
Gabriel Davis (25)
Darnell Mooney (27)
K.J. Osborn (27)
Quez Watkins (26)

How about Rashid Shaheed? He's 25 years old and his contract is up at the end of the season, Saints have a total of 35 FAs. He can catch the deep ball and would be a nice low cost 3rd option after Rice and a 1st round WR IMO.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:54 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
How about Rashid Shaheed? He's 25 years old and his contract is up at the end of the season, Saints have a total of 35 FAs. He can catch the deep ball and would be a nice low cost 3rd option after Rice and a 1st round WR IMO.
Never mind...

Shaheed will be an exclusive-rights free agent in 2024, so while you’ll see him included on these kinds of lists his only option will be to play for the Saints on a low-cost tender next season. He won’t have the opportunity to entertain offers from other teams or sign a multiyear extension until 2025 (as a restricted free agent) or more realistically 2026 (when he would have unrestricted status).
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:11 PM 12-22-2023
Egbuka seems to be falling on draft boards to top of the 2nd, would be a good get for us maybe.

Ultimately, I think Franklyn' our guy if he's there.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:54 PM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Egbuka seems to be falling on draft boards to top of the 2nd, would be a good get for us maybe.

Ultimately, I think Franklyn' our guy if he's there.
Would not hate either. I think both immediately make our WR group better
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:21 PM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
That's fine. You are more than welcome to think that. I will lean on those that have a little more insight into potential contract numbers than what my feels as a fan are. But like you say, only time will tell.

Essentially what you are saying in your 2 posts to me is that Spotrac is overvaluing Mooney at 10m while at the same time undervaluing Tee Higgins at 16.5m without any evidence other than your own internal feelings. I'm just not going to get that emotional about it and not to let my feelings get in the way.

My feelings says Mooney isn't worth 5m. But that is just my feelings and has no real insight into that belief. Unless I have been in privy to any internal discussions within any organziation on Mooney, I'm going to rely upon a resource other than my feelings.

Other than that, considering that MVS may not be back. The need for someone to fill that role is needed. Those at the top, like Harrison, Nabers, Oduze, Egbuka are all likely out of reach in our present draft position. That leaves us with Worthy, Franklin, Burton, maybe Thomas Jr. as potential late day 1 or day 2 targets.
Spotrac has a track record of being way off on its market value assessments.That, not my feelings, is more the source of my disbelief of that figure.

Mooney has been less consistent and productive than players who got less than $10M/AAV in last year's free agent pool. Higgins has a track record that lines up with guys llike D.J. Moore and Terry McLaurin while blowing the doors off of guys at that $16.5M figure.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If we went with your Aiyuk trade what would you expect to give up, and how would that allow you to add good players across the board?
It would cost our 1st
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:01 AM 12-23-2023
I just fundamentally disagree with trading a #1 pick for the right to pay a player a top of the market salary.

You're spending precious resources twice.

And fucking your cap.

I don't like it.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:12 AM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just fundamentally disagree with trading a #1 pick for the right to pay a player a top of the market salary.

You're spending precious resources twice.

And ****ing your cap.

I don't like it.
I like Ayiuk, but agree with Meck here...If you want to sign a top expense WR, Evans or Pittman are there.

If you want to spend a 1st on a WR, we'll have plenty of options. I do wonder who we could get for a 3rd or 4th, though, similar to Toney. I threw out Jamison Williams as a reclamation project, or Hopkins should TEN want to go younger, but there's others that probably make more sense.

I think if you want an Ayiuk type you'd have to figure out some kind of Chris Jones sign and trade to get me on board, although wouldn't work for Ayiuk specifically bc they wouldn't want to take on a CJ contract.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:52 AM 12-23-2023
I've heard rumors that....

1. There could be a record number of QBs taken in the 1st.

2. There could be a record number of OTs taken in the 1st.

3. There could be a record number of WRs taken in the 1st.

Sounds like talking heads just stirring the pot a bit, but interesting notes on where the talent lies in the top of the draft. I've also heard there's a lot of talent in the DB class as well.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 192
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up