ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 43
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I think that is true.

The most concerning thing right now is having another team give Baker a 53 man contract before the Chiefs can sign him to the Practice Squad.

I know Chiefs have him first for a visit, but another team can sign him first if they want to do that without a visit.
Relax. He’s signing with the Chiefs.

The days of Emmanuel Sanders type of outcomes are over.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:02 PM 11-17-2020
We'll see.:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:03 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
(Huey Lewis voice) That's the POWER of POSTS!!!!
Some thought it would take thousands but really all we needed was the right 252
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:03 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:

Let’s ****in gooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very much this.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:13 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Relax. He’s signing with the Chiefs.

The days of Emmanuel Sanders type of outcomes are over.
Emmanuel Sanders did cross my mind.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:19 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I think that is true.

The most concerning thing right now is having another team give Baker a 53 man contract before the Chiefs can sign him to the Practice Squad.

I know Chiefs have him first for a visit, but another team can sign him first if they want to do that without a visit.
He will be protected as a PS player
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:25 PM 11-17-2020
I hope other teams HATE this.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:28 PM 11-17-2020
He’s going to end up on the 53 at some point in December...

Then the Chiefs are going to keep him for pennies as an ERFA. Probably for multiple years because it is highly unlikely he gets 6 games in this season to qualify as a vested season.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:34 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
(Huey Lewis voice) That's the POWER of POSTS!!!!
You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

[Reply]
frozenchief 11:51 PM 11-17-2020
I’ve been a KC fan for decades and I want to echo a few thoughts others have said. Baker visited KC and will sign with KC because KC is a winner. The team - front office, coaching staff and players - are stable and are committed to winning. They are one of the best, if not the best, teams in the league.

One of the reasons they are one of the best teams in the league is Veach. This is a classic low-risk, high reward pickup. Does he have red flags? Yeah, but we would get him on a rookie contract so it’s not like he’s $10 or even $5 mill in dead money. And we have enough pieces and a devoted culture of winning that he either gets his shit together or he gets cut.

We’ve reached the point where we are that team, the team that players want to join, the team for which players accept less money, the team that makes fans wonder how we are cheating the salary cap. Many fans wait their whole lives for this. Look at Detroit, the Jets, Houston, Washington (although they were good before Snyder bought them). You could make a good argument that Dallas belongs in that category for the past couple of decades as well. I wondered if KC would ever get to where we are now. I had high hopes with Marty and then with Vermiel. I wondered if Reid was just a re-tread that would go nowhere after having been snake-bit many times. Andy was good and this team was good but we didn’t ascend until Olympus until Goodall took the stage and said, “With the 10th pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Patrick Mahomes, quarterback, Texas Tech.”

And look where we are now.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:45 AM 11-18-2020
This stuff is so good! It like the past 50 years were a test to pass. That this team is our reward. Plus getting players that are good. I like this i like it a lot.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:53 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Damn it feels good to be a SB champion.
Not just that. Lots of teams get that ring and fall off a cliff the next season. The League and it's players seem to realize the Chiefs are an organization built to succeed for the long haul, shooting for multiple rings, and they want in.

It feels really damn good.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:15 AM 11-18-2020
Mathieu is a perfect mentor for Baker...he's been through his own situations.

It probably gets discounted how much having a presence like him in the LR affects younger players.

I'm sure Baker knows knows if he ****s this up...his career is over....and HB is there to remind him.

Chiefs have the most stable FO in the NFL...and a recent SB pelt on the wall. Dysfunctional players and humans in general.. tend to perform better in structured, positive environments.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:21 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
This stuff is so good! It like the past 50 years were a test to pass. That this team is our reward. Plus getting players that are good. I like this i like it a lot.
they do say 'good things come to those who wait' :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:58 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading up for a LB? Nah, no thanks.
We have so few true holes that some of these general rules of thumb don't really apply right now. By right now meaning 2020-2022.

If there's a guy that's a day one upgrade at a place of weakness, you should totally go get him.

We don't need numbers in every draft; we need a couple of plus players to fill the few holes we have.

Clyde is a good example. I didn't think they'd do that; but I won't argue that it made sense after the fact.

Moses would turn what is the team's biggest weakness into a great strength; Moses and Gay make that LB corps top flight.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 43
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up