ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

dlphg9 06:47 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You gonna tell that to Frank?? Nah because you are a little bitch. Prayers are needed right now for Frank and his family 🙏🏻
Good God, the more you post the more I start to think that you are legitimately mentally challenged. Do you just comb through Twitter looking for personal shit about these players. I can only imagine what your search history looks like or what type of notifications you have set up. You're really creepy man and you obviously don't see how big of a stalker you look like. I cant even imagine wtf a player would think reading some of the creepy shit you write. I cant wait for Pat Mahomes to get a restraining order against you :-)
Sassy Squatch 06:55 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Good God, the more you post the more I start to think that you are legitimately mentally challenged. Do you just comb through Twitter looking for personal shit about these players. I can only imagine what your search history looks like or what type of notifications you have set up. You're really creepy man and you obviously don't see how big of a stalker you look like. I cant even imagine wtf a player would think reading some of the creepy shit you write. I cant wait for Pat Mahomes to get a restraining order against you :-)
After this I've always been a bit sketched out by the guy.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324208

Dude needs to stop being such a creepy little bastard all the time.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:21 PM 07-09-2020
I mean it’s not like ArrowheadPride or Clark himself posted about it......

A family tragedy for the #Chiefs defensive end:https://t.co/AIYEkfAICH

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) July 9, 2020

dlphg9 07:41 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
After this I've always been a bit sketched out by the guy.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324208

Dude needs to stop being such a creepy little bastard all the time.
Yeah that's fucked up. I remember that. Was he this creepy when he was Penbrook?
Chiefspants 07:46 PM 07-09-2020
Veering back to Chris Jones, I have been lurking on the 49ers sub since the Super Bowl. Jones is often referred to as "The Monster in the Middle."

There's still a huge debate among Niners fans over whether Shanny Jr. was correct in throwing the ball on 2nd and 5 in the 4th quarter. Poor dudes.
dlphg9 09:04 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, I'm sure people will be rushing over after his threats of holding out...
I will rush there. He has every right to hold out. He played out the contract that he signed and is now looking to make what he is due. He gave us a fuck ton of production and got paid jack shit while doing it. Now people want to call him greedy because he wants to be paid what he is worth? He's supposed to give a discount to a team that gave up a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, and $100+ million dollars for another D linemen from another team when he was trying to get paid and had just come off a 15.5 sack season?

Chris Jones may have taken a hometown deal, but then the Chiefs said "fuck you" to Chris and went and got Frank Clark. I know part of the reason why there have been no contract talks is because they were working on Patrick Mahomes' contract, but Brett Veach very clearly isnt dumb and he's definitely not going to disrespect Chris with a low ball offer.

Now that Mahomes' contract is done and he gave the Chiefs cap flexibility for the next several years we will see if Chris Jones is in the future plans of the Chiefs. Im still holding out hope that he is and will be signed by the 15th. The Chiefs could have signed Pat anytime, but they did it with over a week left to get Chris signed. Hopefully the timing isn't just a coincidence.
Megatron96 09:41 PM 07-09-2020
I will rush there. He has every right to hold out. He played out the contract that he signed and is now looking to make what he is due. He gave us a **** ton of production and got paid jack shit while doing it. Now people want to call him greedy because he wants to be paid what he is worth? He's supposed to give a discount to a team that gave up a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, and $100+ million dollars for another D linemen from another team when he was trying to get paid and had just come off a 15.5 sack season?

Chris Jones may have taken a hometown deal, but then the Chiefs said "**** you" to Chris and went and got Frank Clark. I know part of the reason why there have been no contract talks is because they were working on Patrick Mahomes' contract, but Brett Veach very clearly isnt dumb and he's definitely not going to disrespect Chris with a low ball offer.

Now that Mahomes' contract is done and he gave the Chiefs cap flexibility for the next several years we will see if Chris Jones is in the future plans of the Chiefs. Im still holding out hope that he is and will be signed by the 15th. The Chiefs could have signed Pat anytime, but they did it with over a week left to get Chris signed. Hopefully the timing isn't just a coincidence.
I'd be there as well if I could. I'd drive the 1500 miles to be there, if I hadn't used up most of my vaca time going fishing. CJ had himself a good season and a really good post-season and was a big part of the Chiefs winning their 2nd SB. He should get paid, and I really hope his payday comes from the Chiefs.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:23 PM 07-09-2020

If it’s in God plan it will happen

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 9, 2020

FYI Jones also said he will have the Lombardi with him at the autograph signing ��
Halfcan 12:58 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Veering back to Chris Jones, I have been lurking on the 49ers sub since the Super Bowl. Jones is often referred to as "The Monster in the Middle."

There's still a huge debate among Niners fans over whether Shanny Jr. was correct in throwing the ball on 2nd and 5 in the 4th quarter. Poor dudes.
CJ needs to sign his damned contract, win multiple SB's and go in the HOF some day.

This is his best chance to have a HOF career.
suzzer99 01:07 AM 07-10-2020
Prediction: Jones is just hoping the Chiefs blink. An hour before the trade deadline he'll settle for something reasonable. Probably a 4 year deal that the Chiefs can exit after two with some pain, and 3 with very little pain.
dlphg9 01:45 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Prediction: Jones is just hoping the Chiefs blink. An hour before the trade deadline he'll settle for something reasonable. Probably a 4 year deal that the Chiefs can exit after two with some pain, and 3 with very little pain.
Jones will not sign for less than Frank Clark($20.8 mil/year) or Deforest Buckner($21 mil/year). I bet he wants $21.5 mil/yr and has no intentions of signing for less than that. It's the way contracts work for the elite players. The next guy gets paid a little more than the one that was paid before him. If the Chiefs don't want to pay him that much then Jones will go to a team that will and if he hits FA I can guarantee almost the entire league will be trying to sign him. Hes not gonna take some low ball offer after we told him to fuck off and gave Frank Clark the contract he was asking for.
RustShack 09:21 AM 07-10-2020
Jones will not sign for less than Frank Clark($20.8 mil/year) or Deforest Buckner($21 mil/year). I bet he wants $21.5 mil/yr and has no intentions of signing for less than that. It's the way contracts work for the elite players. The next guy gets paid a little more than the one that was paid before him. If the Chiefs don't want to pay him that much then Jones will go to a team that will and if he hits FA I can guarantee almost the entire league will be trying to sign him. Hes not gonna take some low ball offer after we told him to fuck off and gave Frank Clark the contract he was asking for.
He won’t hit free agency. He signs here or he’s traded to a team that signs him.
staylor26 09:56 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

FYI Jones also said he will have the Lombardi with him at the autograph signing ��
God = Veach
R Clark 10:25 AM 07-10-2020
Jones will not sign for less than Frank Clark($20.8 mil/year) or Deforest Buckner($21 mil/year). I bet he wants $21.5 mil/yr and has no intentions of signing for less than that. It's the way contracts work for the elite players. The next guy gets paid a little more than the one that was paid before him. If the Chiefs don't want to pay him that much then Jones will go to a team that will and if he hits FA I can guarantee almost the entire league will be trying to sign him. Hes not gonna take some low ball offer after we told him to **** off and gave Frank Clark the contract he was asking for.
You keep mentioning low ball offers , I am quite sure the Chiefs aren’t trying to low ball him.And who said anything about a home town discount besides you?
dlphg9 11:25 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
You keep mentioning low ball offers , I am quite sure the Chiefs aren’t trying to low ball him.And who said anything about a home town discount besides you?
Ive never said the Chiefs are trying to lowball him. I actually think the Chiefs and Jones haven't been talking because the Chiefs know what it takes and don't want to disrespect him by lowballing him, but they didn't know exactly how Pats contract would go I said he wont sign a lowball offer, which in CJ's mind anything less than Frank Clark's contract is a lowball offer, in response to this

Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Unless im taking it wrong, "He'll settle for something reasonable" seems like a jab at CJ and means he should take less than hes worth. I don't have any insider info, but I think Jones is wanting FC's contract or maybe just a little more and that seems very reasonable to me.

You have to be joking with the hometown discount thing. This thread alone is littered with people saying he should take less to stay and turn those millions into titles! Fuck that. Maybe they should have given him an extension last year before they got Frank and we would have gotten him for a little less. Probably could have gotten him for $18.5-$19mil/year instead of $21 mil/year.
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up