ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 95
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then really the only thing we disagree on is why, because I honestly wish he was still in the NFL so we didn’t have to hear about it alone.

I’m glad we could clear that up. Nothing but love for ya buddy!
All good, Brother!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agree to disagree and to be quite honest, I couldn't give a flying fuck if you think it's "smart" or not.

You're treading on Baby Lee territory with that horseshit.
Just saying that if you've ever made that argument to someone that nods their head along with you - you need to find a better class of opponent. Any argument that doesn't help your position actively harms it. That argument damn sure doesn't help any position you've staked out here.

Explain to me how a democratically elected senator who represents an entire like-minded community is remotely comparable to being hired by a private enterprise that stands to lose some amount of money by sticking their necks out and hiring you to perform a task they'd prefer you never have to perform. If Kaepernick moved to New Hampshire, he'd have a job within the month and public office the moment an election took place.

That position dies in the starting blocks. There literally isn't a single followup you can make other than a declaratory statement void of any sort of supporting argument. There is nothing in the private sector that works in comparison with any kind of electoral politics. Ted Kennedy killed a babysitter while driving drunk - served for, what, 40 years? Would've served for 100 if he lived that long. The Hubbard family in St. Louis has a long and frankly hilarious history of provable fraud and criminal conduct in their urban St. Louis district going back 3 generations - doesn't matter, their very local constituency likes them so they stayed employed. Now have any of them move to Putnam County and try to get a job as dog-catcher.

It. makes. zero. sense.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:41 PM 06-05-2020
Where's the proof of this? The guy couldn't get a workout for years.

The Elway thing was way overblown. He wanted Kaepernick to take a massive paycut, something he didn't feel was necessary at the time because he thought he'd find more money on the open market.

What he didn't bank on was that the NFL would shut him out completely. I'd imagine that had he known that he'd be blackballed, he'd have taken Elway's offer.

Perhaps. But honestly it seems like he probably now has made more money than all those guys without having to get his brain bashed in. I think somewhere along the line that became apparent as a possibility so his desire to actually play left him and he did just enough to give the appearance he desperately wanted to play.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:42 PM 06-05-2020
Have that beer now, knuckleheads
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 06-05-2020
All good, Brother!
The Castro stuff really gets me fired up because a lot of people are unaware that’s why I don’t like him and assume that I’m racist and MAGA (not you or CP just on the internet and social media in general).

I mean the man tried to have my grandfather killed and like I said he was a famous activist that dedicated his entire life to fighting Castro and helping his people when they came to this country looking for freedom.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:45 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It. makes. zero. sense.
:-)

I'm only laughing because you're such a goddamn lawyer! One of my best friends here in LA is lawyer and you two are peas in a pod, always breaking down arguments to their sub-atomic level.

What both men did was stupid.

And while people can find anything offensive these days, the old fart was far more offensive IMO than the young guy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:45 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Perhaps. But honestly it seems like he probably now has made more money than all those guys without having to get his brain bashed in. I think somewhere along the line that became apparent as a possibility so his desire to actually play left him and he did just enough to give the appearance he desperately wanted to play.
This is all complete and utter speculation
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 06-05-2020
Staylor causing problems again

Surprise surprise
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM 06-05-2020
Except it was hypocritical and fucking stupid.

As a Cuban, finding what Kaep did offensive isn’t “looking for something”. It’s personal, especially considering that man tried to have my grandfather fucking killed.

This same person found what Brees said offensive, or at least thought the outrage was justified.
And it's doubly hypocritical of him if you dive into the stats.

Let's presume you take the kinds of raw numbers and police interaction stats that Kaepernick tried to use at face value. And lets also presume that additional police interactions are due to race and not socio-ecomonic status (or even behavior/culture).

I don't think those argument stand up to scrutiny, but they HAVE to be taken at face value for Kaepernicks argument to hold. So obviuosly Kaepernick believes them.

Those same stats say that Cubans are victims of racially motivated targeting and disproportionate outcomes with law enforcement.

You cannot say you're standing up for minority rights and speaking out against police brutality while simultaneously supporting one of the worlds most notorious strong-men and disregarding an entire community of people who have been harmed by them. Because when you start doing stuff like that, you make it clear that this isn't about government authority and police brutality (I mean FFS, it's CASTRO!!!!), it isn't even about minorities writ large.

It's about YOUR minority group and trading on their anger. Little else.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:48 PM 06-05-2020
And it's doubly hypocritical of him if you dive into the stats.

Let's presume you take the kinds of raw numbers and police interaction stats that Kaepernick tried to use at face value. And lets also presume that additional police interactions are due to race and not socio-ecomonic status (or even behavior/culture).

I don't think those argument stand up to scrutiny, for they HAVE to be taken at face value for Kaepernicks argument to hold. So obviuosly Kaepernick believes them.

Those same stats say that Cubans are victims of racially motivated targeting and disproportionate outcomes with law enforcement.

You cannot say you're standing up for minority rights and speaking out against police brutality while simultaneously supporting one of the worlds most notorious strong-men and disregarding an entire community of people who have been harmed by them. Because when you start doing stuff like that, you make it clear that this isn't about government authority and police brutality (I mean FFS, it's CASTRO!!!!), it isn't even about minorities writ large.

It's about YOUR minority group and trading on their anger. Little else.

Would you be shocked if Kaep said Trump was worse than Castro? I mean he didn’t say it, but I know he would’ve. That’s how clueless he is about what real oppression is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 06-05-2020
The Castro stuff really gets me fired up because a lot of people are unaware that’s why I don’t like him and assume that I’m racist and MAGA (not you or CP just on the internet and social media in general).

I mean the man tried to have my grandfather killed and like I said he was a famous activist that dedicated his entire life to fighting Castro and helping his people when they came to this country looking for freedom.
I totally get it, man.

One of our best friends of more than 12 years is 2nd generation Cuban from Miami, so I probably have a little more exposure and knowledge of his regime than most people outside of that region.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 06-05-2020

I'm only laughing because you're such a goddamn lawyer! One of my best friends here in LA is lawyer and you two are peas in a pod, always breaking down arguments to their sub-atomic level.

What both men did was stupid.

And while people can find anything offensive these days, the old fart was far more offensive IMO than the young guy.
I'd shoot Bernie Sanders into the fucking sun, man.

Kaepernick I think kinda sorta maybe meant well because he'd been brainwashed by an 'influence' of a shit-disturbing girlfriend. And then realized that, as mentioned above, he could probably make more money in the next 5 years without getting hit back doubling down. And he can DEFINITELY make more money over the next 25.

I think he went from semi-benevolent but misled and wrongheaded to just being a cynical opportunist in the same vein as the people he claimed were holding him down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 06-05-2020

Would you be shocked if Kaep said Trump was worse than Castro? I mean he didn’t say it, but I know he would’ve. That’s how clueless he is about what real oppression is.
Has he not? I always presumed he has.

But like I said, I'm pretty sure he's just a cynical opportunist at this point. If his Public Relations guy tells him his Q value would go up, so would his marketing potential and long-term residuals, I'm pretty sure he'd say whatever he was told.

I think whatever his true principals may have been, they were dead by the time that 'league-wide tryout' thing went off the damn rails.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 06-05-2020
I'd shoot Bernie Sanders into the fucking sun, man.
Agreed. No if's, and's, but's about it.

Kaepernick I think kinda sorta maybe meant well because he'd been brainwashed by an 'influence' of a shit-disturbing girlfriend.
I agree with this as well. I don't think CK had any clue about what his demonstration would do to his life and I think there's a pretty good chance that he didn't even fully understand the gravity of his actions.

But now, there's no turning back. Either he embraces his role as an "agent of change", or he fades off into the sunset because I just don't think there's even a .00001% chance that he'll ever suit up for an NFL team again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:56 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Their very first demand to the NFL is to condemn racism. Not police brutality, but racism. So how else should one respond to that beyond a discussion about racial issues? Nobody can honestly say this is just about police brutality towards black people. They aren’t even saying that.
condemning racism is so easy to do. Who are you going to offend condemning racism? Nazi’s? KKK? That’s a really low bar and they can’t even do that?

It’s a discussion that’s been a long time coming. The leftovers from the original sin of this nation, slavery. Our ancestors got rid of Jim Crow Laws, made voting rights laws, anti-discrimination laws were passed. But, we are still not given equal Chances in life as citizens. That’s just fact.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 95
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Up