ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
backinblack 12:02 PM 07-01-2020
Kia's have been great cars in recent years. They've come a long way from the crap they built 15-20 years ago. Dodge, yeah that's a bit of a surprise.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:20 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not surprised that Tesla fared poorly - though they are good about fixing things, they're well known for having lots of little issues. I'm more surprised at Dodge and Kia topping the list. That's...hard to believe.
It probably has to do with the frequency. My automatic door handles fail all the time. They fixed it in the newer models but Tesla has fixed it for free the last two times it happened. Had to replace them 3 times. They have a mobile service and come out and fix it while I'm at my house or something though, so not too bad.

I have no complaints with what I've experienced so far with that exception.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:41 PM 07-01-2020
When is the first Tesla truck actually expected to ship?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:49 PM 07-01-2020
What do we think the implications are of this from last week? Who's going to benefit?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califor...and-van-sales/

California regulators approved new rules on Thursday that would force automakers to sell more electric work trucks and delivery vans, a first-of-its-kind rule aimed at helping the nation's most populous state clean up its worst-in-the-nation air quality.

The rules, which would not take effect until 2024, will require at least 40% of all tractor trailers sold in California to be zero emission by 2035. For smaller trucks, including models like the Ford F-250, 55% of all sales would be zero emission by 2035. The standard is the toughest for delivery trucks and vans, with 75% of sales required to be zero emission by 2035.

California already has similar rules in place for passenger vehicle sales. But no one has yet imposed rules like these for work trucks, which unlike passenger vehicles are purchased with the intent of returning a profit.

At the last minute, the board also set a goal of making government fleets and last mile delivery trucks entirely electric five years earlier than previously envisioned, by 2035.

(More at link.)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:20 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Their claim, or when it'll actually ship?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:21 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Their claim, or when it'll actually ship?
You know, the Tesla Truck would be a very effective way to avoid getting shot by Antifa and BLM. When they are blocking the street, you can drive slowly through, pestering them about, without fear from being shot through your bulletproof vehicle.

Cheapest way to buy a tank.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:23 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You know, the Tesla Truck would be a very effective way to avoid getting shot by Antifa and BLM. When they are blocking the street, you can drive slowly through, pestering them about, without fear from being shot through your bulletproof vehicle.

Cheapest way to buy a tank.
That's an interesting take.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:34 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Late 2021 in theory.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:54 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What do we think the implications are of this from last week? Who's going to benefit?

California regulators approved new rules on Thursday that would force automakers to sell more electric work trucks and delivery vans, a first-of-its-kind rule aimed at helping the nation's most populous state clean up its worst-in-the-nation air quality.

The rules, which would not take effect until 2024, will require at least 40% of all tractor trailers sold in California to be zero emission by 2035. For smaller trucks, including models like the Ford F-250, 55% of all sales would be zero emission by 2035. The standard is the toughest for delivery trucks and vans, with 75% of sales required to be zero emission by 2035.

California already has similar rules in place for passenger vehicle sales. But no one has yet imposed rules like these for work trucks, which unlike passenger vehicles are purchased with the intent of returning a profit.

At the last minute, the board also set a goal of making government fleets and last mile delivery trucks entirely electric five years earlier than previously envisioned, by 2035.

(More at link.)
Why in the world did you put that in red font? It's virtually unreadable if you're using ChiefsPlanet Dark. Argh.
[Reply]
kstater 06:17 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not surprised that Tesla fared poorly - though they are good about fixing things, they're well known for having lots of little issues. I'm more surprised at Dodge and Kia topping the list. That's...hard to believe.

We’ve got a 2019 Sorento that’s been fantastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:17 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

(More at link.)
Sounds like California is going to lose all its truck sales.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:23 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Why in the world did you put that in red font? It's virtually unreadable if you're using ChiefsPlanet Dark. Argh.
To communicate that I didn't write it. It was the ethical thing to do. You should come to the light.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:32 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
We’ve got a 2019 Sorento that’s been fantastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The wife drove her 2006 Sorento until 4 months ago. Again, MO complaints. Just change the oil, do the maintenance, and don't drive like a wild person and most cars will last.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:40 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Sounds like California is going to lose all its truck sales.
Eh, maybe. IF they can get electric trucks worked out, they'll likely be very competitive. In an industry in which the bottom line rules, the cheap cost of electricity and low maintenance would be a huge bonus.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:56 PM 07-01-2020
Yeah you really think electricity is going to stay cheap ? California already has brown outs in summer time. Or how bout when the wind starts blowing and they half to shut down so it doesn’t burn up? Oh yeah how we going to make all this cheap electricity? They don’t want nukes and coal is to dirty .I don’t get it windmills and solar panels ain’t going to cut it
[Reply]
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up