ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 60
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:45 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He's had 20 years...suddenly think he's going to change and it'll happen in the next 2?

Not being a dick but it's just the truth.

I agree with you. Our best shot with Reid was probably last year which would have been his 5th season here.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:46 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Go look at the numbers if you don't go within 5 years of being hired it isn't gonna happen.

Yep that is what it seems like anyway.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We need to win that game to believe we can win the next one.

If this team loses to New England AGAIN....and not even a good New England team, the worst in years....we're fucked.

Eh, maybe. Right now you need to right the ship, secure winning the AFC West, and get into the tournament playing sound football. 11-5 probably gets you there, and if your one loss from now until the end of the season is the Patriots, then it won't much matter.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:57 PM 11-11-2019
Somehow, hearing how hard it is to build a successful team coming from a fan of a team that has been a perennial winner sounds a bit hollow...

If the Chiefs can't beat the Patriots in the regular season, why would they be able to beat them in the playoffs? Especially considering the past history of both franchises.

The Chiefs had everything going for them in this game. There was a statistic brought up at the end of the Titans game stating how long it had been since they had been successful in a 4th quarter comeback. The Chiefs allow no records to go unbroken...

What's the latest statistic of futility? 17 games lost by no more than one score? Are we supposed to feel good about being not quite good enough?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:59 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep that is what it seems like anyway.
It is. It's uncanny. Not only have virtually all happened within 5 years, most happened in the fifth year.

I can think of two exceptions -- Mike Holmgren with the Seahawks and Jeff Fisher with the Titans both took longer than 5 years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Eh, maybe. Right now you need to right the ship, secure winning the AFC West, and get into the tournament playing sound football. 11-5 probably gets you there, and if your one loss from now until the end of the season is the Patriots, then it won't much matter.
If they beat the Raiders again they're in at 9-7.

The Raiders won't get to 10-6 with two losses against us and we'd have the tiebreaker at 9-7. The dog-ass West may bail us out.

But if this team can eat shit like they just did against Tennessee, they can lose to the Raiders and anyone else left on their schedule. The could beat that Raiders team and still finish 8-8 somehow.

They need to get over this "let Patrick bail us out" bullshit REAL fast.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
It is. It's uncanny. Not only have virtually all happened within 5 years, most happened in the fifth year.

I can think of two exceptions -- Mike Holmgren with the Seahawks and Jeff Fisher with the Titans both took longer than 5 years.
Fisher didn't win it, though.

Mike Jones took care of that.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:04 PM 11-11-2019
Sloppy team. I don’t think you can fix this overnight.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:06 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
He REALLY is. He was so weird in Houston with all his tweets. I cautioned everyone here about his BS when he was tweeting crap when he signed with KC. Dude is mostly full of shit - much more bark than bite.
You also swore up and down that Rankin was hot garbage, and yet he’s played well enough that CP is crying rivers of tears that his season is likely over.

The reality is that Matthieu is a leader but also an emotional player. Is it so crazy that he’d get defensive being attacked after the game and tweet something out and then realize his mistake once he got some space and perspective? Does this make him phony? Or human?

Drama queens are out in force right now on CP.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:10 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm talking about WINNING IT...I know he's been there.

But we could frame it that way too? Think we're getting there this season or next?
The post you replied to was in reference to "getting to a SB" and I believe I stated my case on why he lost that game and that Pat wouldn't do that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:16 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I agree with you. Our best shot with Reid was probably last year which would have been his 5th season here.
Really? We are now the Chargers with this one loss? No chance this year for a SB and not another good chance for another 4 years? We have the MVP? Hill? Doesn't matter? Really?

:-)Let's slow the "we are finished in this era" roll.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:17 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
It's possible to be a fan and not feel pain anymore,trust me you'll sleep better and laugh a lot more.
You mean I shouldn't have strangled that cat yesterday???
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:20 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fisher didn't win it, though.

Mike Jones took care of that.
It's 5 years to make a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You mean I shouldn't have strangled that cat yesterday???
Who needs a reason to strangle a cat?
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:25 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
50 years and you say this? Holy God.

We’ve been nothing but mediocre and didn’t get to enjoy a “fluke”’ championship.
In the 70s and 80s, I used to let these kinds of losses ruin my day if not my whole week.

Then after 28 years of failure in 98, I got so upset during the playoff loss to Denver, I knocked a ceiling tile out of my bosses house while watching the game there.

For years the Mrs. has known not to go in the same room where I am watching the game.

Now, yesterday, I didn't even let it get me upset or bother me. I immediately went outside and did something productive.

Don't get me wrong, I was not happy, but it isn't something I can control, it is entertainment.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 60
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up