ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:00 PM 06-19-2019
Strange.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:17 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So basically the Chiefs saw the same thing many of us saw in Chris Jones.

I believe the old golf analogy applies here:

You drive for show but you putt for dough.

If Chris wants to get paid like Donald, 15.5 sacks isn't enough. You have to do the little things too if you want to be the best.
Nobody has reported that Jones wants Donald money. 3-4 reports out there that he wants Clark money. This is a prime example of when you need to get the deal done now before the price skyrockets.

Get it done before guys like Daniels, Ngakoue and Clowney push the market further.
[Reply]
Blick 12:18 PM 06-19-2019

If Chris wants to get paid like Donald, 15.5 sacks isn't enough. You have to do the little things too if you want to be the best.
Exactly. Chris Jones has some red flags that make it difficult to give in to his contract demands.

I completely understand the Chiefs being hesitant to give Jones what he wants.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Nobody has reported that Jones wants Donald money. 3-4 reports out there that he wants Clark money. This is a prime example of when you need to get the deal done now before the price skyrockets.

Get it done before guys like Daniels, Ngakoue and Clowney push the market further.
This.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:47 PM 06-19-2019
Tons of people are aware that Jones freelances and it contributed to why the run D sucked balls, Daly isn't gonna put up with that bullshit so this could be really interesting.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:55 PM 06-19-2019
I wish we had more players who could freelance and get 15 sacks and be second-team All-Pro.

However, I did say that Fletcher Cox is better and was better than Jones last year because he is more complete.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:32 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tons of people are aware that Jones freelances and it contributed to why the run D sucked balls, Daly isn't gonna put up with that bullshit so this could be really interesting.
If that's the case, I really like the coach pushing the issue like that. It spells out clearly that creating a cohesive unit and team is more important to him than creating a bunch of individual Stars. That's nothing but good news.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:06 PM 06-19-2019
I think the whole freelance thing is a bit overblown. I feel that they will get a deal done before camp begins.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:15 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If that's the case, I really like the coach pushing the issue like that. It spells out clearly that creating a cohesive unit and team is more important to him than creating a bunch of individual Stars. That's nothing but good news.
I cant remember the article, but they broke down quite a few of the "sack leaders" and then compared it to their rush defenses in total. The rushing offense was statistically far better against teams with high numbers of sacks from individuals but was quite a difference when the total number of sacks was spread thru the defensive line.
Getting a high sack number is great but not at the cost of leaving your lane open and it getting gashed.
Now if the tape shows that his lanes werent wide open or extorted than his freelancing is fine by me, if those lanes were used and abused than his numbers dont mean near as much.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:25 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I cant remember the article, but they broke down quite a few of the "sack leaders" and then compared it to their rush defenses in total. The rushing offense was statistically far better against teams with high numbers of sacks from individuals but was quite a difference when the total number of sacks was spread thru the defensive line.
Getting a high sack number is great but not at the cost of leaving your lane open and it getting gashed.
Now if the tape shows that his lanes werent wide open or extorted than his freelancing is fine by me, if those lanes were used and abused than his numbers dont mean near as much.
Agreed. If you're not playing your assignments, you're not doing your job.
[Reply]
jaa1025 02:30 PM 06-19-2019
The Chiefs have all the leverage with Jones. He's a year to early to get Clark money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 06-19-2019

Yuuuuup.

I bitched openly and loudly several times about Jones just completely jaking his run responsibility to attack upfield. He was by no means a sound defender and he was oftentimes a huge part of our problem with run defense.

This is a completely fair concern from the Chiefs and something that almost certainly won't get any better if he gets shifted inside and gets fewer opportunities for 'splash' plays.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:42 PM 06-19-2019
It would seem we're no longer fucking around with "good enough" .
[Reply]
RunKC 02:54 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yuuuuup.

I bitched openly and loudly several times about Jones just completely jaking his run responsibility to attack upfield. He was by no means a sound defender and he was oftentimes a huge part of our problem with run defense.

This is a completely fair concern from the Chiefs and something that almost certainly won't get any better if he gets shifted inside and gets fewer opportunities for 'splash' plays.
This could be a dangerous game. We’d be relying on Speaks and a rookie if this guy holds out or misses time only to come back more susceptible to injury.

I get both sides here. It’s just a bitch to deal with.
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 06-19-2019
I think it really goes to show that you really don't want your DT to be your leading pass rusher. It's great that he had those sacks last year and I want to see him continue to rush, but you've gotta do it under control.

You blow something in there and next thing you know a guard is on your ILB and it's off to the races.

Sometimes you gotta do the dirty work too.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up