ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This was not on the refs
Chiefspants 10:33 PM 12-13-2018
Bob Sutton. Andy Reid.

These are the people who can cost us the playoffs.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:02 PM 12-16-2018
Whether it's rigging, incompetence, human error, or impeccable officiating, I think everyone can agree that no one wants to see a game decided by the officials calling DPI with 8 seconds left to nearly guarantee one team a win over another. It's a terrible look.

I think the NFL could easily solve 10 to 20 percent of the problem with officiating by not making defensive holding an automatic first down. I can make a compelling argument that defensive holding is a less important penalty than offsides, because it only has maybe a 20 percent chance of affecting the play. Make defensive holding a five yard penalty exactly like offsides and you'll have people complaining less about the officiating impacting the game. Right now, a defensive holding call is a major play that in effect gives the offense a new drive.
[Reply]
-King- 03:05 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Whether it's rigging, incompetence, human error, or impeccable officiating, I think everyone can agree that no one wants to see a game decided by the officials calling DPI with 8 seconds left to nearly guarantee one team a win over another. It's a terrible look.

I think the NFL could easily solve 10 to 20 percent of the problem with officiating by not making defensive holding an automatic first down. I can make a compelling argument that defensive holding is a less important penalty than offsides, because it only has maybe a 20 percent chance of affecting the play. Make defensive holding a five yard penalty exactly like offsides and you'll have people complaining less about the officiating impacting the game. Right now, a defensive holding call is a major play that in effect gives the offense a new drive.
Yeah making it 5 yards and an automatic 1st is overkill. Hopefully that's something they look at and just make it 5 yards.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:23 PM 12-16-2018
Until the NFL lets us review every single play including defensive pass interference I'm going to believe that it is still rigged.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 03:24 PM 12-16-2018
The ending of close games is becoming very predictable. It feels too easy for a competent offense to get into FG range. Perhaps help the defense by getting rid of a few automatic 1st down penalties but only after the 4th quarter two minute warning. Make it harder to simply blame the refs in a close game. Make the offense earn that win.
[Reply]
In58men 03:26 PM 12-16-2018
I bet Raider fans are pissed, so many bad bad bad calls. The refs clearly fucked up this game. Wow
[Reply]
lcarus 03:33 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
It is really this simple. Timing of the flag is everything. Too easy for incompetent officials to change the outcome in the blink of an eye. I don’t believe they do it deliberately but the officiating system and rules are too fragile for the NFL to be considered a fair sporting spectacle.
No wonder it is entertainment and not sport.
Its so bad. Way too many flags. Especially on special teams. I want these assholes to keep their flags in their pockets unless theres an obvious egregious penalty that clearly affects a play.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 12-16-2018
NE's D is trash.

If we see them again I expect Reid to buttfuck them.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:36 PM 12-16-2018
Is it normal to obsess about a football team? My wife’s thinks I’m crazy, I’m pretty sure she’s right.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 12-16-2018
:-)

at least THAT has never happened to us
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:41 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Honestly, if they make defensive holding just five yards, they'll probably just call illegal contact more often.

I think they should do two things:

1) Allow two challenges per team per game on penalties, reviewed by New York
2) Emphasize the use of illegal contact flags over PI.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Is it normal to obsess about a football team? My wife’s thinks I’m crazy, I’m pretty sure she’s right.
your wife probably obssesses about something stupid, too

it's up to you to identify it, call her on her bullshit double standard and post about it here
[Reply]
Mecca 03:43 PM 12-16-2018
I think somewhere in the last several years they went from going on the side that if something is close we don't flag it to now if it's close we flag it every single time.
[Reply]
cdcox 03:54 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think somewhere in the last several years they went from going on the side that if something is close we don't flag it to now if it's close we flag it every single time.
Like the missed false starts? Like the missed OPI on LA's last TD? Like the missed helmet to helmet on Rivers? It is the inconsistentcy. It all seems arbitrary.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:56 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Like the missed false starts? Like the missed OPI on LA's last TD? Like the missed helmet to helmet on Rivers? It is the inconsistentcy. It all seems arbitrary.
I mean as far as ticky tack passing penalties, that shit draws way to many flags in every game.

And the false start shit there is no excuse for that.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:46 PM 12-16-2018
So they said earlier that NE has been called for a total of 4 DPI's this year. 4. How in the fuck do you go almost 14 games with only being called 4 times for DPI in this day and age?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Up