ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 37
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Rams
Hammock Parties 02:34 PM 11-07-2018
fuck it, don't care, starting it early

looks like we are going to dodge talib

Rams CB Aqib Talib, on NFL Network just now: "I had a great visit with the doctor today. It looks like the week after Thanksgiving, I'll be full speed, ready to go." Rams have a bye in Week 12, then play the Lions Dec. 2, three games from now. They sure could use him.

— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) November 7, 2018

[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Sure, but I think that's all it really needs to be. Make the D run a bit, get them off balance just enough, and then one of our four All Pro weapons can get open and make a play.

Also, I think Andy has been saving some of his best stuff for late. I think this week's SI profile mentioned a Texas Tech play they installed that they haven't even run yet, but it's supposedly one of Patrick's favs.

I've been critical of Andy Reid in the past, but if there's one thing I trust him to do, it's to keep innovating on offense. I don't think he's close to out of ideas.
Problem is when you run into disciplined defenses, a lot of that dressing doesn't work as well.

Luckily, the Chiefs have the skill guys to make it go no matter what, but the OL is getting a bit shaky.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Listening to Simms and Lefkoe, I'm a little worried about the offense slowing down a bit. Simms says Andy's scheme is good but he's more window dressing than later changes.

Also, once Sammy went out the offense has looked worse. That worries me a bit.
Lol what a pussy you can be

You still have to cover Kelce/Hill/Watkins and stop Hunt.

Also, you really think Andy’s shown everything? There’s now way he isn’t saving some stuff for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:31 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This doofus will be calling the game.

https://youtu.be/GIKOa9D2JpQ
That entire crew sucks!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:31 AM 11-15-2018
He uses the motion and funky stuff presnap and early in the play but essentially it's just his normal WCO.
I have seen enough break downs of games the last few seasons to confidently say that's a bunch off horseshit.

The ESPN article on Reid and Mahomes pretty much laughs at that idea. Yes its "based" on WC offense concepts but has a metric shit ton of other stuff thrown in as well.

Add in the throws Mahomes has the ability to make and there is nothing "normal" about this offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:33 AM 11-15-2018
Listening to Simms and Lefkoe, I'm a little worried about the offense slowing down a bit. Simms says Andy's scheme is good but he's more window dressing than later changes.

Also, once Sammy went out the offense has looked worse. That worries me a bit.
Listened to the postgame with Mitch last Sunday and he said that Cardinals defensive players thought it was a lot easier to defend the Chiefs offense without Sammy Watkins.

Unfortunately nobody is scared of Conley or Robinson.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:34 AM 11-15-2018
If we can score more points than them, we will win. If we don't, we are going to lose.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 AM 11-15-2018
Rams linebackers are so bad. They're getting 2 and 3 guys around the ball carrier and whiffing. Great preview with more stuff here.

[Reply]
Danguardace 09:50 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Listened to the postgame with Mitch last Sunday and he said that Cardinals defensive players thought it was a lot easier to defend the Chiefs offense without Sammy Watkins.

People also forget the Cardinals were coming off a bye week. Was no surprise to me that they kept the score down a little with 2 weeks to prepare.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:51 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
If we can score more points than them, I like our chances.
Fyp
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol what a pussy you can be

You still have to cover Kelce/Hill/Watkins and stop Hunt.

Also, you really think Andy’s shown everything? There’s now way he isn’t saving some stuff for the playoffs.
When Watkins isnt' out there, the offense is easier to handle. It's still good, but it's not the machine it can be.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 AM 11-15-2018
When Watkins isnt' out there, the offense is easier to handle. It's still good, but it's not the machine it can be.
Oh I definitely agree with that
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have seen enough break downs of games the last few seasons to confidently say that's a bunch off horseshit.

The ESPN article on Reid and Mahomes pretty much laughs at that idea. Yes its "based" on WC offense concepts but has a metric shit ton of other stuff thrown in as well.

Add in the throws Mahomes has the ability to make and there is nothing "normal" about this offense.
Just relaying what Simms said. Go listen to the podcast for more I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Conley and or Robinson can't get open without help. It is what it is, but you can see why they paid Watkins like they did now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:04 AM 11-15-2018
He uses the motion and funky stuff presnap and early in the play but essentially it's just his normal WCO.
That "presnap" stuff is there so Mahomes can see if the defense shows their hand. If he sees a favorable matchup, he changes the play. They are not doing it just to look fancy and dress up plays. I know it is hard to believe that Mahomes is this good at reading defenses so early in his career, but he is.

Mahomes did this in his first start at Denver- he knew the blitz was coming every time and made the proper read. The last two times they played us, the Donks tried to go with more exotic blitz packages, but by halftime, Mahomes was on to them and torched them on big plays. New England did the same thing- they did a great job of disguising their coverages until Mahomes and Andy figured it out and reprogrammed his computer. We owned them the second half.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:07 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Sure, but I think that's all it really needs to be. Make the D run a bit, get them off balance just enough, and then one of our four All Pro weapons can get open and make a play.

Also, I think Andy has been saving some of his best stuff for late. I think this week's SI profile mentioned a Texas Tech play they installed that they haven't even run yet, but it's supposedly one of Patrick's favs.

I've been critical of Andy Reid in the past, but if there's one thing I trust him to do, it's to keep innovating on offense. I don't think he's close to out of ideas.
This. In years past it hasn't been Andy running out of ideas.. It has been QBs running out of talent
[Reply]
Page 26 of 37
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up