ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 176
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:52 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Right. In November Moore even made it sound like if there wasn't alot of competition for Hosmer he could be re-signed. I believe he even specifically mentioned Boston during the conversation.
In November?
So, when you said "the talk of Hosmer coming back will die down after the end of December when the push for season ticket sales dwindles" you meant an alleged one-time comment made back sometime in November will die down...ok, you're an idiot. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:58 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
In November?
So, when you said "the talk of Hosmer coming back will die down after the end of December when the push for season ticket sales dwindles" you meant an alleged one-time comment made back sometime in November will die down...ok, you're an idiot. :-)
Yeah they weren't trying to sell ticket packages in November were they? :-) dude stick to the DC section you are way out of your element here.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:40 PM 12-19-2017
Actually I was the most accurate poster last year regarding predictions.
Provide the examples please.

Because you're a buttfucking moron who said the season was over in May.

Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:58 PM 12-19-2017
Moose is severely undervalued, if these reports are true. Steamer has him at 2.7war and at 8M/war he's worth 20M+. He plays a premium position, just turned 29, has insane power, can really field (his metrics were bad this year but that's an aberration IMO). He can't run but so what?

He loves to play, has some great postseason experience, proved he's fully healed. I don't get that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:03 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Moose is severely undervalued, if these reports are true. Steamer has him at 2.7war and at 8M/war he's worth 20M+. He plays a premium position, just turned 29, has insane power, can really field (his metrics were bad this year but that's an aberration IMO). He can't run but so what?

He loves to play, has some great postseason experience, proved he's fully healed. I don't get that.

Not a lot of teams looking for 3B help, plus Machado and Donaldson trade markets still hot.

Angels went another route after signing Upton (going for more D at 3B with Cozart). Giants may still be in the mix and decide he's a cheaper alternative to JD Martinez signing.

Philadelphia, Baltimore also may be landing spots based on trade market.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:57 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Provide the examples please.

Because you're a butt****ing moron who said the season was over in May.

Go **** yourself.
I don't share private messages but you apologized to me in private when I said St.Louis would sweep them.

Oh wow I was so off their season was over in June.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 PM 12-19-2017
I don't share private messages but you apologized to me in private when I said St.Louis would sweep them.

Oh wow I was so off their season was over in June.
You claim to not even like baseball.

Are you going to shut the fuck up already?
[Reply]
tk13 08:11 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Not a lot of teams looking for 3B help, plus Machado and Donaldson trade markets still hot.

Angels went another route after signing Upton (going for more D at 3B with Cozart). Giants may still be in the mix and decide he's a cheaper alternative to JD Martinez signing.

Philadelphia, Baltimore also may be landing spots based on trade market.
I think people aren't quite overpaying for power like they used to. Big time HR numbers don't guarantee a huge deal. Look at Mark Trumbo last year. Granted Moose plays a more premium position.

That said, Moose's overall WAR wasn't amazing, and I think you could argue he lost a step on defense. He's not quite as lean as he used to be, and it could just be the leg injury, but the eye test would tell you he let a few balls through that he used to get to. I could see a lot of teams being reluctant to hand him a 6 or 7 year deal. I thought all along he might have some issues, but I'd be shocked if he had to sign a short "prove it" deal too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:16 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You claim to not even like baseball.

Are you going to shut the **** up already?
Stay on topic please. Do you really think the Royals are going to sign Hosmer?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:48 AM 12-20-2017
Not directly Royals related, but interesting baseball news:

BREAKING: #Rays have traded Longoria to #Giants

— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) December 20, 2017

BREAKING: Orioles closer Zach Britton ruptured his Achilles yesterday working out in California. Expected to be out at least six months.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 20, 2017

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:49 AM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Not directly Royals related, but interesting baseball news:

That was a potential spot for Moose to land that's now dried up.
[Reply]
SPchief 11:05 AM 12-20-2017
The Rays just raped the Giants.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:14 AM 12-20-2017
Surprised by Moose's market. Did they not watch him play?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:17 AM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by SPchief:
The Rays just raped the Giants.

I disagree.

The Giants dumped Denard Span's salary in that deal. That's 11 million plus a 4 million buyout.

They take on 17 million in AAV for Longoria, but all he needs to provide to break even there is 2 WAR.

Even if 2017 was a new normal for Longoria, that's a pretty easy mark for him to reach.

In total, the Giants added 71 million in commitments over a five year span. I imagine they'll get at least 12-13 wins out of Longoria, so they come out way ahead, IMO.
[Reply]
seaofred 11:19 AM 12-20-2017
Yes, but does it open a spot for Moose to go to Tampa?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 176
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up