ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 130
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Frazod 10:16 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That's got a lot to do with the fact that they're still raking in a ton of cash. Cards fans are different from most others. They will still go to games and buy jerseys when the team loses 90. Shit, Royals fans hate hearing the BFIB schtick and so do I but they won it all and had lower attendance the next season. That never happens in STL.
Yeah, but it needs to if they're ever going to get any better. There are only two pieces left from the championship team that Matheny has ridden into the ground, and they're both in their twilight years. We'll never compete with a big money, big city team like the Cubs that's finally being run right until all this shit gets blown up and the rebuilding process starts.

I'm taking the wife to Atlanta for the Braves/Cardinals series next month. The way they're playing right now, I don't look forward to it at all. Of course, the Braves suck too, but in a good way because they're actually fully involved in the rebuilding process.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 PM 04-11-2017
And I just saw tonight's score. Holy fuck. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:57 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And I just saw tonight's score. Holy ****. :-)
The game was on ESPN, it was good for a few innings. Then, in typical fashion from last year, the wheels came off.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:42 PM 04-12-2017
The game was on ESPN, it was good for a few innings. Then, in typical fashion from last year, the wheels came off.
Right now the team isn't particularly good at pitching, hitting, fielding, baserunning and throwing. Beyond that, they are doing just fine.

Rosie at least looked good after watching Lynn and Cecil throw batting practice.

We finally get a start for Greg Garcia today and he is playing........SS. Matheny is rolling out his LaRussa "we won the first two games of a series getaway day lineup". Molina, Diaz and Grichuk are all sitting. On a good note, so is the corpse of Jhonny Peralta.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:12 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Right now the team isn't particularly good at pitching, hitting, fielding, baserunning and throwing. Beyond that, they are doing just fine.

Rosie at least looked good after watching Lynn and Cecil throw batting practice.

We finally get a start for Greg Garcia today and he is playing........SS. Matheny is rolling out his LaRussa "we won the first two games of a series getaway day lineup". Molina, Diaz and Grichuk are all sitting. On a good note, so is the corpse of Jhonny Peralta.
The highest average for a position player in today's line up is the always dangerous Eric Fryer at .333 probably because he's only had 3 at bats. After that it's Gyorko at .220. Good grief, why they don't just get on the bus now is beyond me. They're facing Scherzer today so let's just call it.

The Durham Bulls could beat these Cardinals

[Reply]
Frazod 02:27 PM 04-12-2017
The highest average for a position player in today's line up is the always dangerous Eric Fryer at .333 probably because he's only had 3 at bats. After that it's Gyorko at .220. Good grief, why they don't just get on the bus now is beyond me. They're facing Scherzer today so let's just call it.

The Durham Bulls could beat these Cardinals

I was saving this for when we actually went 8 and 16! :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:38 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I was saving this for when we actually went 8 and 16! :-)
At this pace we'll lose way more than 16 before we win 8. Sorry
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:57 PM 04-12-2017
Leake looks solid today, Scherzer does not. It's early though.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:44 PM 04-12-2017
At this pace we'll lose way more than 16 before we win 8. Sorry
:-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:41 PM 04-12-2017
Here we go, Rosie comes in during the bottom of the 8th in a shutout up by 3. He throws 10 pitches and Washington plates a run, with the tying run on 1st. Gets pulled for Bowman without recording an out.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:05 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Good News! Gyorko and Martinez are playing!

Bad news - Carpenter's not, Molina is batting 3rd and Martinez is batting 8th.

There's an outside chance that Matheny's actively trying to get himself fired but I think that's too clever by half. He's just really dumb.
Molina batting 3rd. I honestly don't know whether to :-) or :-).
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:57 AM 04-13-2017
I didn't see it posted here but Jose Martinez playing first the other night was an abortion. Diaz made a diving stop and a spinning throw that Martinez had to stretch for and his effort was laughable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 04-13-2017
He's jerking grichuk around again by putting Adams dumbass in LF.

Just put Adams at 1st, carp to 3rd, dfa peralta and go from there. Jesus.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's jerking grichuk around again by putting Adams dumbass in LF.

Just put Adams at 1st, carp to 3rd, dfa peralta and go from there. Jesus.
You forgot Garcia at 2b and drop-kicking Wong into the sun.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You forgot Garcia at 2b and drop-kicking Wong into the sun.
Sure.

Or put Garcia at 3rd. I don't care. Just gotta placeholder 3rd until Manny gets here next year.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 130
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up